216th_LuseKofte

Oculus Rift and Vive communities

I am as many know not that enthusiastic about VR goggles all together, never the less I am member in a few VR groups in Facebook , and in  two occasions screenshots from Great battles have surfaced there, and the interest of the game have been huge. They claim they lack games to play. To my surprise many has no idea flightsims is one arena to use these hardware. 

So I suggest a little more sharing of screenshots in those communities and FB groups among the members here who use these goggles. It seems Oculus Rift and Vive can benefit by 

advertise this game as a VR game in terms of improved sale, and their customers might very well be interested to try out this genre

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 5

It would also help at least among the huge Oculus community if 1CGS could someday see their way to implement native support for the Rift.

Lot of them do not care too much for Steam VR. I am not much crazy about it either, if I did not love this sim so much I would not bother with it.

I keep hoping that may happen at some point in the future.

I talk it up over on their forums but just does not get a lot of traction. 

Edited by dburne

We never use the term "goggles" just headset.

headsets are for those who want to evade reality, the ones who love real reality use googles

• Confused 1

I thought they were called bieye screen directional translatable rotational capable wearable reality augmenters. BSDTRCWRA for short. I might be a bit old fashioned. 

Edited by AeroAce
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

The Oculus community alone is massive compared to the IL-2 community, a few thousand times bigger, with an unsatisfied demand for new experiences of customers who usually can afford the full sim with all extensions and a joystick or Hotas. How 1CGS hasn't pushed into that market yet is somewhat unsettling.

The cake, the potential target group, the enthusiasts are right there.

P.S. I also came from another genre. VR is above and beyond genre-thinking.

• Upvote 2

I will never ever more support the Oculus in any way.

Long time they had no spare parts.

Now they have, but they are soooo expensive. But you cannot order them, if you are not in the list of few countries they have as friendly countries. Which I am not.

Their communication is terrible, their services too.

Was a big fault to buy Oculus and next gen of VR I must buy something different.

+ Still occurs the notice "Your computer doesnt meet minimum hardware for VR experience." which just sucks just because you have Ryzen.

+ Still some issues with drivers, with Rift sensors, etc....

I hope at least Vive users are happier.

That you buy a Ryzen, even though it is stated literally everywhere on the internet that Ryzens aren't VR ready, is your personal issue @Vasilij. German saying: Buy cheap, buy twice. That you don't like the community is also irrelevant to this chat.

There is a giant market of enthusiast people with unsatisfied demands and open for new experiences. That's important, that counts.

Hello

I have an oculus, and I could not fly without it. I'm part of some Fb groups for VR, and I try to promote our game whenever I can.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, grimm862 said:

Dees goggles they do nothing!!

Radioactive man?

22 hours ago, dburne said:

It would also help at least among the huge Oculus community if 1CGS could someday see their way to implement native support for the Rift.

Lot of them do not care too much for Steam VR. I am not much crazy about it either, if I did not love this sim so much I would not bother with it.

I keep hoping that may happen at some point in the future.

I talk it up over on their forums but just does not get a lot of traction. 

Always been meaning to ask what is it you dont like about Steam VR dburne?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

Always been meaning to ask what is it you dont like about Steam VR dburne?

Just a personal preference thing really, never have really cared much for Steam overall.

And with the Rift, that means two layers of VR software running all the time, both Steam and Oculus.

3 hours ago, 3.IAP_Vasilij said:

I will never ever more support the Oculus in any way.

Long time they had no spare parts.

Now they have, but they are soooo expensive. But you cannot order them, if you are not in the list of few countries they have as friendly countries. Which I am not.

Their communication is terrible, their services too.

Was a big fault to buy Oculus and next gen of VR I must buy something different.

+ Still occurs the notice "Your computer doesnt meet minimum hardware for VR experience." which just sucks just because you have Ryzen.

+ Still some issues with drivers, with Rift sensors, etc....

I hope at least Vive users are happier.

Vive is way worse, spend $1,192 in the Vive Pro, they said will ship in 2 weeks, took 6 weeks, hated the product, so returned all in their original boxes and before the 14 days , and now I only got a refund for $867, they say they cannot find the other boxes I sent, absolutely terrible!

At least Oculus is not overpriced.

Guys for simming, you cant get better than the samsung odessy.  Its tracking works just fine, its res is that of the Vive pro.  And its 400 bucks. We demoed one at the show and I had at least 5 people tell me they made orders after trying it at our booth.  

Hooves

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, dburne said:

Just a personal preference thing really, never have really cared much for Steam overall.

And with the Rift, that means two layers of VR software running all the time, both Steam and Oculus.

Yeah that was the reason I got rid of revive and havent used it since!

19 hours ago, Lensman said:

We never use the term "goggles" just headset.

''We don't want your steenking goggles''...

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

''We don't want your steenking goggles''...

After several.hours in IL-2 'stinking' is a genuine problem .... 😅

Edited by Lensman

On 6/13/2018 at 4:40 PM, LuseKofte said:

To my surprise many has no idea flightsims is one arena to use these hardware.

It means they are not interested in flight sims.Anyone who knows that a "joystick" is a game peripheral and not just a body part (you know which one) has waited for VR for years and years. Price, high performance requirements and low resolution keep many away from VR for now. But most sim fans probably already own IL-2, VR or not.

As for newcomers to the flight sim genre and current VR owners, War Thunder seems a more immediate choice, since it's free. IL-2 will probably get a big boost in sales once the demo comes out.

But all in all, I think 1C would benefit more from releasing Tank Crew and Flying Circus than us trying to convince casual VR users that IL-2 is the best VR experience (which it is).

• Like 1

There is interest in new experiences, which includes flight sims. I've brought a few people in in the past by simply telling them about the VR part of IL2 and giving them a few YT videos.

It's never been easier to create interest than today.

• Upvote 2

The Oculus VR Rift was the best purchase for BoX I could have made & their support has been just fine.Having said that I look forward to the next version which will improve the platform in several important ways ..hopefully clarity first among them.I’ll be first in line to buy it. My guess is there will be many copies of Rift1 up for sale on the secondary market. I’ve saved the beautifully designed box for joy such a purpose....

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Blitzen said:

The Oculus VR Rift was the best purchase for BoX I could have made & their support has been just fine.Having said that I look forward to the next version which will improve the platform in several important ways ..hopefully clarity first among them.I’ll be first in line to buy it. My guess is there will be many copies of Rift1 up for sale on the secondary market. I’ve saved the beautifully designed box for joy such a purpose....

Yep same here, no telling how many hours I have logged into IL-2 with my Rift now since VR support was released.

I still can't seem to get enough of it.

I am most excited on a next generation Rift, from what has been talked about so far by them I think there will be some very amazing stuff coming with it.