Sign in to follow this  
Mysticpuma

Has the Ai routines recoding been able to stop the vehicles bouncing in convoy? Video example

Salutations,

What simulation is this? DCS?

In IL2 this can me mitigated by setting the column 'formation' to 'safe' or 'loose to keep the vehicles further apart.

Is in CloD (IL-2 Cliffs of Dover). The "ant" behavior is relatively common to vehicles in flight games, in CloD is practically "cut & past" from il-2:46.

CloD vehicles issues is more complex: inability to follow road paths in several areas, not be able to cross bridges, due a "invisible wall" around bridges...

Posted (edited)

I thought it looked different. Sorry, I'm unfamiliar with CloD column settings. 😐

I IL2 following roads acts rather simply and straight forward using waypoints. Crossing bridges requires a bit more attention to the placing of the vehicle waypoints in order to get them to reliably cross as desired.

Edited by Thad

Never seen a vehicle cross a bridge in CloD. Can you post an example showing them crossing as this has been a longstanding issue for mission builders and  looked at for years by TF?

Posted (edited)

Sorry, I don't have CloD. I'll look into getting a column to cross in IL2 within a simple mission. 

Here is a quick mission I put together in IL2:Sturmovik featuring a column of tanks successfully  crossing a bridge. :salute:

Does CloD have a 'formation' function that can be assigned to the columns? Mine is set to 'vehicle column on road'.

ColumnBridgeCrossing.rar

Edited by Thad
Added detail

The behaviour of AI vehicles and the roadnet mapping is one which is being examined... as we make progress we will release updates.

Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Mysticpuma said:

Never seen a vehicle cross a bridge in CloD. Can you post an example showing them crossing as this has been a longstanding issue for mission builders and  looked at for years by TF?

After several attempts I see a truck with big wheels my cross a bridge - in early version of CloD, after some MG patch the road paths became broken too and became difficult that vehicle follow the direction of bridge, complicating more the issue.

You see the truck jumping over the "invisible wall" or "steep", their big wheels help, what show that bridges are not in same level of adjacent terrain.

http://i48.tinypic.com/4uwj6t.jpg

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=498656&postcount=3

Edited by Sokol1
  • Thanks 1

Salutations,

Darn, that sucks. I hope and trust they get the road and bridge anomalies corrected. 😐

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

After several attempts I see a truck with big wheels my cross a bridge - in early version of CloD, after some MG patch the road paths became broken too and became difficult that vehicle follow the direction of bridge, complicating more the issue.

You see the truck jumping over the "invisible wall" or "steep", their big wheels help, what show that bridges are not in same level of adjacent terrain.

http://i48.tinypic.com/4uwj6t.jpg

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpost.php?p=498656&postcount=3

Great research 

I hope TF take your work and use it to develop a fix.  Look forward to one of their coders taking the time to respond to this analysis? 

Edited by Mysticpuma

I passed the info along to the code team, maybe it can help. I know they made progress in this area some time ago so hopefully we can get this corrected. 

• Thanks 1