Sheriff88

On Line Log In problem

I received this response from IL2 support when I could not log in on line

Before authorizing:

- check the settings of the Security (antivirus, firewall, UAC ...) Make sure that they are not blocking the exchange of data with the server

- make sure that the update is successfully completed

- make sure you have Administrator privileges for your Windows account

- make all the game ports in the exceptions your router and security tools

Authorization requires ports 80 and 443.

Multiplayer mode uses TCP – 28000, UDP – 28000,

Downloader Port (TCP) – 28100.

- try to use direct cable connection to PC

- perhaps it makes sense to update the router firmware

Are they serious!!!???

39 minutes ago, Sheriff88 said:

I received this response from IL2 support when I could not log in on line

Before authorizing:

- check the settings of the Security (antivirus, firewall, UAC ...) Make sure that they are not blocking the exchange of data with the server

- make sure that the update is successfully completed

- make sure you have Administrator privileges for your Windows account

- make all the game ports in the exceptions your router and security tools

Authorization requires ports 80 and 443.

Multiplayer mode uses TCP – 28000, UDP – 28000,

Downloader Port (TCP) – 28100.

- try to use direct cable connection to PC

- perhaps it makes sense to update the router firmware

Are they serious!!!???

Presumably? If you are having trouble logging in they have to rule out some stuff on your end.

None of those things seem particularly crazy. Maybe the router is a bit much but the first few things should be easy to check.

Do you by any chance have your password 'remembered' in the launcher application? I find that sometimes I have to delete the password and retype it to make it work, especially after an update.

Still did not work with firewall turned off, and after reentering password.

Could be their last update did not load correctly? If so could I run updater app that's somewhere buried in the apps folders?

Edited by Sheriff88
incomplete statement

I'm having the same issue.

I'm signed on the web site. 

Running as Admin.

Both BOS ans BOM are activated. 

I have never had to turn off anti virus. 

I have never had to set ports.

and now with 3.00 update it will stop updating 75%. And saying wrong email or password .

Edited by JG7_RudeRaptor

Not sure if this is the problem you are having but, ever since V.3003 came out my log-in also messes up.   I press the green ENTER button and the IL-2 rotates about a quarter way around when I get the MESSAGE about no connection etc...  I just click the CLOSE button on that message and immediately hit the ENTER button again and the log-in completes.

Not sure why, but I guess it is just timing out.

Salute !!! AD

23 minutes ago, JG27*AD said:

Not sure if this is the problem you are having but, ever since V.3003 came out my log-in also messes up.   I press the green ENTER button and the IL-2 rotates about a quarter way around when I get the MESSAGE about no connection etc...  I just click the CLOSE button on that message and immediately hit the ENTER button again and the log-in completes.

Salute !!! AD

This worked for me too, thanks JG27*AD

i think i have trouble with my router having disacrded all the restso i cant log in but i dont know how to solve that

it would be easier to migrate to steam

Fixed my issue it seems.

Uninstall

Register clean

Disk frag

Reinstall BOM.

Ok but for the embarrassing part I had a copy of BOS and I bought BOM. Think I may have been trying to update from a copy of BOS and not BOM. 

Good to see you AD ! 

That does it for me. Was about to get Bodenplatte, but instead I'm uninstalling the game. If I cannot log into the game after update, why bother.

Had the same issue. No connection with... server.

For me it was my firewall. After allowing the files to be thrustworthy , i have no problems at all..

These have to be thrustworthy files for the firewall.

Edited by Yankee_One

Yankee-One Allowing which files through?

I ok'd

IL-2,DServer, and launcher but still does not work.

Thanks

DD_Arthur

Folllowed  those suggestions. Still nothing.

Thanks

Edited by Sheriff88
wrong note

I just deleted some apps that crept in during past 2 weeks. Such as Cyberlink and Prime Updater. Worked fine then restarted later and problem is back!!!

Edited by Sheriff88
Update to problem

Not sure what changed but working now.

I had turned off Controlled Folder Access protection and was then able to log in on line for the last four days. Then I turned it back on and can still log-in online. I also allow IL2 and DServer to pass through firewall. (First time I did that there was no change)

On 6/12/2018 at 4:01 AM, JG27*AD said:

Salute !!! AD

Still having troubles to log-in straight away. :unsure:

Checked my firewall for trustworthy files, opened the correct ports on my router and the ShadowPlay feature of Nvida is not even installed/enabled (at least I can't uninstall it because it's not listed). Is there anything else I might have missed in order to log-in directly?

Gen "2nd attempt did it!" osse :scratch_one-s_head:

I've just faced the same issue on a friend's system yesterday.

2 hours fighting against Antivirus, Firewall etc., when in fact it was just this "2nd attempt" thing.

I have tried several different systems with my account now, and 1 out of 4 shows the same behaviour.

Every time I start the game, I get the dreaded network error message first, and on 2nd attempt it works.

Would be great to know the basic reason behind this (and maybe even a solution...), but for now I can personally deal with the workaround too.

Only thing that I'm afraid of is that IL-2 might lose a couple of users that way, because my friend was about to throw his game DVD into the bin already - a new user simply cannot know that he has to ignore the error message on 1st login and simply click login a 2nd time, so he has to think that the whole game just isn't working at all.

Cheers!

Mike

Even after the latest 3.005 patch I'm still having troubles to log-in straight away ... :nea:

Edited by =FI=Genosse

Same problem here. 1st login attemp fails, 2nd succeeds.

*BUMP*

Any news on this topic, folks? :rolleyes: It seems like that a bunch of problems have been added to the already existing ones with the latest patches ... :dry:

On 9/28/2018 at 7:52 PM, 216th_Retnek said:

Never had that. Just 2 hints: install or move BoX into an extra directory free of of Windows' doubtful care in "program files"

(see https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/33636-move-il-2-to-different-ssd/)

to something like "C:\just-my-IL2BoX"

and exclude that fine new home from the likewise doubtful care of an antivirus-software.

I've checked that, too. But unfortunately it was of no avail ... Thank you anyway, mate! :thank_you:

On 9/28/2018 at 3:44 PM, =FI=Genosse said:

No improvement since patch 3.006 for me. Anyone else? :cray:

still same bug for me, but only when i have youtube running in background when start the game, i just learn to live with it dosent bather me mutch as before :)

Edited by 77.CountZero

22 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

still same bug for me, but only when i have youtube running in background when start the game, i just learn to live with it dosent bather me mutch as before :)

For some of my squaddies entering the (online) game works right away. For me it doesn't ... that's all. I thought it might be related to the major 3.0 patch ...

:russian_ru:

Edited by =FI=Genosse

problem started from some 3.00 patch , i got it first with 3004 i think, some had it before, are yur frends also on win10, i dont have this problem on win 7, only on win10 it happends

Edited by 77.CountZero

For me it started with 3.003, I am on Windows 7/64. Tried to disable antivirus, no change. Yesterday, my son accidentally deleted game folder so I had to do clean install and the problem persists. I will do packet trace when I have some free time...

On 10/1/2018 at 9:56 PM, 312_Lazy said:

Yesterday, my son accidentally deleted game folder so I had to do clean install and the problem persists. I will do packet trace when I have some free time...

And, did you have the time to check it? :huh:

Yes, I did a quick trace. I tried it couple of times and it's always the same way:

1. The first TCP connection is closed very quickly and reset by the server.

2. The second TCP connection stays open for nearly half a minute without any data flowing and then it is closed by client and reset by the server. At this time, login error appears.

3. Subsequent login is successfull.

(Of course routers and other devices can influence the communication.)

Maybe it can help someone to diagnose the problem...

trace.png

error.png

On 10/11/2018 at 11:40 AM, 312_Lazy said:

Yes, I did a quick trace. I tried it couple of times and it's always the same way:

1. The first TCP connection is closed very quickly and reset by the server.

2. The second TCP connection stays open for nearly half a minute without any data flowing and then it is closed by client and reset by the server. At this time, login error appears.

3. Subsequent login is successfull.

(Of course routers and other devices can influence the communication.)

Maybe it can help someone to diagnose the problem...

trace.png

error.png

Lazy,

what program did you use to do this trace? 

Gen 

Its fk exhausting. I dont get in the game at all.

I set up the Router and Firewall.

Tried Firewall off and on with IL-2 open.

It just says #2: Your connection to Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

I am using steam

On 10/13/2018 at 4:50 PM, 312_Lazy said:

Thank you very much, mate! :salute:

Here is the result of my monitoring ...

wireshark.thumb.jpg.9f28c5fa29dc32f5a68ba954a330dce9.jpg

... which is quite incomprehensible for me as I have to admit ... :unsure:

Edited by =FI=Genosse