What happens in Vegas......etc, etc, (thanks Jason)

WWGeezer

We turned the FlightSim Expo into a mini squad reunion, so was able to meet Jason and the other volunteers at the Il2 Sturmovik booth.  It was great to get a chance to try a VR set up and see the game so well displayed.  

What stays with me the most about the visit...what a gracious host Jason was.  He was kind and attentive and forthcoming about what pressures he is under trying to keep this game on the right track. 

I think we forget how demanding this community is on one person that is trying to run a business.  It was great to be able to meet him face to face and thank him on behalf of our squad for those efforts.

Cheers,

WWGeezer

Commanding Officer

www.wingwalkers.org

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 12
TexasWarbird
44 minutes ago, WWGeezer said:

I think we forget how demanding this community is on one person that is trying to run a business.

I tried to bring light back on this very concern with a few of my recent posts. I'd really want nothing more than to see this title succeed. With how bridging the 'oceans' becoming more complicated/difficult. It really throws a wedge into what's trying to be accomplished here and I hope that more resources can be allocated to assist distribute the workload more efficiently. And at-least make the community more aware of what's going on behind the scenes. I'm glad Jason is being more vocal about this, it's not just sunshine and rainbows. This next BOBP surprised me in the scale compared to our other expansions. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, WWGeezer said:

We turned the FlightSim Expo into a mini squad reunion, so was able to meet Jason and the other volunteers at the Il2 Sturmovik booth.  It was great to get a chance to try a VR set up and see the game so well displayed.  

What stays with me the most about the visit...what a gracious host Jason was.  He was kind and attentive and forthcoming about what pressures he is under trying to keep this game on the right track. 

I think we forget how demanding this community is on one person that is trying to run a business.  It was great to be able to meet him face to face and thank him on behalf of our squad for those efforts.

Cheers,

WWGeezer

Commanding Officer

www.wingwalkers.org

Sorry to ask but are you the same WWGeezer that posts the brilliant Rupp,s Skizzenbuch that I've seen over at WOFF @SimHq?

If so I just wanted to say thanks,I'm really enjoying reading it. Would you ever consider doing a ww2 version Geezer?

Freycinet
5 hours ago, WWGeezer said:

Cheers,

WWGeezer

Commanding Officer

www.wingwalkers.org

Excellent point!

There are so many acerbic naysayers spouting negativity and spamming everybody with their pet peeves... All hiding behind the anonymity of a forum handle... And forgetting that they're abusing real people in flesh and blood trying to do their best, i.e. the wonderful developers of this sim.

To the haters I just say: imagine for a minute that Jason and his merry band just packed it all up and went on to do something else. Or imagine that they had done it three years ago. Yeah right: not a nice thought. So give them some positivity and show a bit of gratitude for the greatness that is this sim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Freycinet said:

There are so many acerbic naysayers spouting negativity and spamming everybody with their pet peeves... All hiding behind the anonymity of a forum handle... And forgetting that they're abusing real people in flesh and blood trying to do their best, i.e. the wonderful developers of this sim.

I thought that, all and all, people were very nice and friendly on this forum and I don't think I saw many "toxic" behaviours here, can't say about the steam forum though...

LukeFF

It was a lot of fun getting to meet people that we otherwise would know only through the forums - all very friendly people that have a passion for the sim. In fact, everyone at the show seemed very friendly and willing to talk. We had a lot of stuff to move out at the end of the show, and a number of guys from another booth came over and gave us a hand, no questions asked. It was very pleasant to see that sort of camaraderie at an event like this. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2
QB.Gordon200

Contact me when you plan another of these. I've participated in trade shows for telecom corporations in Vegas and other venues during my project management career.

I'm recently retired and would jump at the opportunity to do what I could for IL2. I've found this community to be very welcoming and helpful and would like to share the experience with newcomers to sim flight and old pros alike.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
WWGeezer

There actually was quite a focus

In this expo about bringing youth into aviation through the flight sim community.   

352nd_Hoss
26 minutes ago, WWGeezer said:

There actually was quite a focus

In this expo about bringing youth into aviation through the flight sim community.   

I recently read an article where the US Air Force will be using Flight Simulations to look for potential Pilots..........  I wish I had saved the article.  The US Air Force is facing a serious shortage of pilots in all disciplines that they are very worried how they will fill them.  Even looking at going the Warrant Officer route too.....so you would not need a College Degree to qualify for pilot programs.  Much like Army Aviation...............

here it is.............. https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2018/01/16/virtual-skies-air-force-hopes-fun-tech-transforms-pilot-learning/

Warrant/Enlisted Pilots..... https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/03/31/air-force-may-approve-enlisted-pilots-first-time-75-years.html

Cheers

Hoss

Edited by 19//Hoss
  • 1CGS
Jason_Williams
9 hours ago, WWGeezer said:

Cheers,

WWGeezer

Commanding Officer

www.wingwalkers.org

Thanks Geezer. It was great meeting you and the others as well. 

:salute:

Jason

• Thanks 1
Gambit21

Damn Hoss - I wanted to fly Vipers so badly when I was in high school (don't as how many times I watched Iron Eagle) but there was no way I was making it into the academy. If I were a youngin now I might have a shot.

Trouble is - drones.

Now many pilots are sitting in Arizona flying strikes in Afghanistan. 

Drop some hurt on some Tangos, drive home and play with the dog.

Hope to make it to Vegas next year and meet a few of the guys from Russia too.

A trip coming up this year put the clamp on the wallet a bit.

Glad it was a success.

Edited by Gambit21
71st_AH_Hooves
1 minute ago, Gambit21 said:

Damn - I wanted to fly Vipers so badly when I was in high school (don't as how many times I watched Iron Eagle) but there was no way I was making it into the academy. If I were a youngin now I might have a shot.

Trouble is - drones.

Now many pilots are sitting in Arizona flying strikes in Afghanistan. 

Drop some hurt on some Tangos, drive home and play with the dog.

It ain't all that bad  😉

Gambit21

Yeah? That your line of work Hooves?

Your KTM makes me jealous - I miss that.

I have a frugal wife these days.

-LUCKY-ThanksSkeletor

Great to see other dirt riders here, in 2017 i picked up a brand new KTM 300XC, try to get out riding every weekend.