I am about to purchase a VR headset, I would just like to know if that is all I require to play IL2 in VR?

or are there additional sensors etc which I need, sorry if this seems a bit dumb, but certain info has confused me.

I have an ASUS  machine which is VR capable and can run the game currently at 60FPS on ultra 

Thanks 

I ran the game for awhile on the two sensors that came with the Oculus. I have since added a 3rd sensor for better tracking but it would not be necessary. The game is demanding on VR, but well worth it, I couldn't go back. 

2 hours ago, flyingjocksimmy23 said:

I am about to purchase a VR headset, I would just like to know if that is all I require to play IL2 in VR?

or are there additional sensors etc which I need, sorry if this seems a bit dumb, but certain info has confused me.

I have an ASUS  machine which is VR capable and can run the game currently at 60FPS on ultra 

Thanks 

VR capable may not be IL2 capable

My i5 4690K and 1070 simply cannot cut it enough to make it an enjoyable experience so it depends on your specs. No issues with many other VR games.  

all here

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/forum/109-virtual-reality-and-vr-controllers/

Edited by doog442

The two sensors you have are all you need. Only reason to add a third would be if you intended to move about in a room and interact with something to your rear.

I have mine 6 feet (2 meters) apart and aimed inward a little and they work wonderfully.

On long flights I set the plane on Autopilot and get up from my desk and walk out on a wing for a break.

The processor will probably be the bottleneck. I'm running pretty well on a i7-6700K overclocked to about 4.6 GHz. The 2.60 Ghz may be a bit slow for really good framerates in BOS. Just a head's up.

One thing to be aware of with Laptop machines with a discrete graphics card is that they are often set by default to use the on-board graphics card until a certain threshhold and then switch to the graphics card for heavy duty work. You may therefore need to set IL-2 to run ONLY on the graphics card if you want to run on a VR Headset.

Edited by TP_Silk