hames123

Another idea for inclusion in the career.

Can we have the function in thr career to start over as a new pilot in the exact same squadron the day after your last pilot was killed or captured? Same squadron mates, same losses and victories etc. Would be particularly useful for the Il-2 and Stuka squadrons, which frequently have flights wiped out by AA.

As an aside, can any planes flying over enemy territory at the end not be counted as captured afterwards? Only planes that were destroyed or pilots that parachuted over enemy lines.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, hames123 said:

Can we have the function in thr career to start over as a new pilot in the exact same squadron the day after your last pilot was killed or captured? Same squadron mates, same losses and victories etc. Would be particularly useful for the Il-2 and Stuka squadrons, which frequently have flights wiped out by AA.

But why not fly with Ironman off since you`re asking for basically the same thing, but the face has just changed.

Nope. If I start another career with the same squadron all the squadron pilots will be different, any experience gained/lost would not matter, and you cannot continue from the day after. To put it simply, the war goes on even after one guy dies. But when you start another career, even with the same squadron, it does not continue. Instead, a bunch of new pilots are there, for example.

Not a bad idea. And it'd still be similar to starting over because all your kills, etc would be gone, you just wouldnt have to start the whole career over.

I like the idea. That way you keep progressing in the battle.

It's a nice middle ground between iron man and the normal setting.

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Agreed. I have yet to finish a career, I'm always dying. Most of the time I die by my own doing, last pilot I lost clipped a tree while on a ground attack mission. 

3 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

This. I think it is a very good idea. +1

S!Blade<><

I remember in old Il-2 1946 there was Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator that did this when your pilot died. They made a new pilot in the squadron when you died, with no stats and lowest rank, but all the stats for the squad and campaign were kept the same.

I suppose it really depends on how that stuff is coded and stored, it may not be feasible with the current structure.

I was hoping more for realistic victory claims.  A system where you have to lodge you claims after the mission, and one that doesn't automatically credit you with a kill that happens over the horizon and out of sight from either you or your squadron.

6 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

I was hoping more for realistic victory claims.  A system where you have to lodge you claims after the mission, and one that doesn't automatically credit you with a kill that happens over the horizon and out of sight from either you or your squadron.

Yep, that's what I do in PWCG, claiming only the kills, I really saw going down. Of course I lose some kills, but who cares. It is much more realistic.

16 hours ago, hames123 said:

As an aside, can any planes flying over enemy territory at the end not be counted as captured afterwards? Only planes that were destroyed or pilots that parachuted over enemy lines.

Absolutely agreed. Sometimes I really miss some sense for immersion from the Devs. For example, how can the default start for the missions be an airstart, there is no immersion in that. As an option for those, who don't have the time or patience for taking off, ok, but not as the default setting.

And a restart of your career as a new pilot at the same point, where you were killed or captured, would be a great option.

7 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

Yep, that's what I do in PWCG, claiming only the kills, I really saw going down. Of course I lose some kills, but who cares. It is much more realistic.

Yeah I’d be happy to only be awarded the Kills I see.  There is a huge surplus that gets confirmed by God Almighty and they begin to look very unrealistic.  

Glad to see many people like the idea. But also, focus on the 2nd point, since it means that if you abort and head back to base, land, and end flight, your flight may all be MIA because they were on the wrong side of the frontline.