Jason_Williams

Flight-Sim Expo 2018 Update and Special Thanks!

Everyone,

Tomorrow we begin setup for the Flight-Sim Expo in Las Vegas. I’m excited to be able to attend such an event and demonstrate our IL-2 Sturmovik: Great Battles series of products to people who are actually interested in flight-simulation as a hobby. We’ve done shows before, but the attendees were not necessarily clued into what kind of “game” a combat flight-simulation is and the impact was marginal. This event is a little more our speed, but it will be dominated by civilian style sims like FSX, P3D and X-Plane. We will be the only TRUE combat sim there so we should stand out from the crowd and make some noise. And All attendees of the expo will receive a unique promo code in their goody bag for 50% off their next purchase in our store on most items.

FSExpo.thumb.png.44d82eecf27c5f6daffdb6555a5cacdb.png

I’ve had to prepare for the show in the middle of my move from CA to NV, as well as stay in contact with the team as we prepare for version 3.004. It’s been a challenge to stay sane working on all this and I’ve never been pulled in so many directions at once, but tomorrow the fun starts! Some of you might be interested to know that I have created three “cockpits”. Since a lot us simmers are do-it-yourself types I tried to build something with materials you can buy at a local home improvement store. I hope it adds some atmosphere and flavor to our display. My engineering isn’t the best, but the end result is interesting and my idea of art I guess. Here’s a couple pics of them.

Cockpits_1.jpg.7d8d592994c1e179de19455b3b005279.jpg

Cockpits_2.jpg.9d228f24cd1b47561a47714cf1af8001.jpg

Cockpits_3.jpg.621da2f7aaa8322601104937d11f443c.jpg

Cockpits_4.jpg.07298ec30bf83ac3464575051d29db7f.jpg

Cockpits_5.jpg.d3b8ae9482b3e29cad3f925721b72e9c.jpg

I’d also like to thank the following companies and individuals for providing us gear for the show. Some of which was built and shipped in a hurry just for the expo and we really appreciate it. Please check out their wares and show them some love for their help.

VPC Mongoose T-50 and WarBRD Flight-sticks provided by Virpil and BRD controls.

Virpil.thumb.png.60f2334c21f69ea42790327dc68cc8b2.png

Custom Throttles provided by the talented GVL224.

GVL.thumb.png.45daded04edbf28bd444db221da092dc.png

Crosswind Rudder Pedals provided by Milan at MFG Simundza.

MFG.thumb.png.deff7a50b6a2621978f493cc515e3152.png

Gaming Chairs provided by the good people at RapidX.

RapidX.thumb.png.26b9a557bdb5b5a7bdaa89485ef2e36a.png

Demo Team T-shirt Artwork created by our helpful friend Isaac “Spektre76” Chavira.

T-Shirt-Art_Black.thumb.png.da08b3114043a8ecdce388c3178d9d0d.png

On a disappointing note, due to err…. let's call it geopolitics, it was impossible for Han and Sergey to get visas to the USA to attend the show. This also affected many folks from Russia who also wanted to attend and it is a bummer for all concerned. However, community members LukeFF and Hooves have stepped up BIG and will be assisting me with the booth and helping run the displays. Hooves will be running the VR station since he is like an expert on VR products. I can't thank them enough for their help. We’ll also have the lovely Elisa and Callie assisting us at the booth to add some feminine vibes to what will surely be a male dominated event. Unless a lot of wives and girlfriends come along with their sim-loving man, but somehow, I doubt that will be the case. :rofl:

Due to the lack of manpower and time, we don’t plan to have any live streaming or new announcements at the expo. However, we will be running a contest to see who can shoot down and destroy the most targets in a given time using our Quick Mission Builder. The winner will receive a VPC Mongoose T-50 flight-stick as a prize. We may also raffle away a couple t-shirts.

T-50.jpg.3940c13f2a8fb777f539a4e87f069bb7.jpg

For those attending the show stop by the 1C Game Studios/777 Studios booth (#303) and have some fun with us celebrating our awesome hobby!

See some of you this weekend!

:salute:

Jason

P.S. I'm sorry for the lack of updates on our plans for this expo, I just have not had the time to give regular updates. My hope is that this becomes an annual event and it grows larger. For those that are coming lets have a good time! 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Upvote 29

Those stands look amazing. Also happy that you changed your mind on having VR booth. 

Wish I could attend only to get my hands on that setup for a few minutes. It's an absolute dream of a setup.

Good job, and good luck for the event!

1 minute ago, Pupo said:

Those stands look amazing. Also happy that you changed your mind on having VR booth. 

Wish I could attend only to get my hands on that setup for a few minutes. It's an absolute dream of a setup.

Good job, and good luck for the event!

I never said no VR. Just not the whole booth.

Jason

• Upvote 1

My setup is a shoebox on an upturned wastepaper basket with the stick secured on top with two generous rubber bands.  That looks like paradise to me.

Good luck with the event! Nice to see one of GVL's throttles there, they really are awesome. In fact it's a great idea to have all the top notch gear there just to show how awesome the hobby is.

• Upvote 2

Stations look awesome!

I'm glad to hear VR is going to be available, those who try it are gonna be blasted. One way trip for them!

• Upvote 1

Wow, everything about this looks awesome.

Hope you're having a good time.

Looks very impressive, congrats!

Wishing all the best for the show!

Great to see Virpil and MFG contributing as well.

Damn! Great work on the DIY they look awesome. Hope you guys have fun. Wish I could be there.

Looks good! I cant find pictures of lovely Elisa and Callie :) Its a shame that its too far away:(

Actually, if I can make a suggestion;  As nice as it would be to imagine that one might suddenly cause a revolution among the civilian flight sim community, having the scales suddenly fall from their eyes and discover the wonders of a QMB dogfight - it might be worthwhile also to consider why so many of them are attending the show in the first place and make a point of pushing the game’s other virtues.  Set them up in a Ju-52 over the mountains, or show them a moonlit night flight over water.   Get them to perform a tricky navigational exercise in the rain...   You might make more of a lasting impression on the massive majority of sim flyers, who are in it for the “flight” rather than the fight.  

My my two cents. ;)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 9

9 minutes ago, 19//Rekt said:

Those little cockpits are just awesome!

I'd pay a thousand bucks just to see the look on my wife's face when I'm sitting in one of those in our house LOL.

LOL!

• Upvote 1

Those stands look amazing, well done and good luck!!

Hey guys, let's make some IL-2 Great Battles expo with those goodlooking cockpits in Stalingrad, nearby Moscow and at Kuban!

I'm ready to help at the place and take part.

• Like 1

Fantastic!  Great looking job. Sure would of liked the opportunity of being there. Well done.

Looks awesome!

Pretty cool to see some of the hardware vendors get in and supply some kit as well.

Maybe a few more VR converts coming out of one booth..

As good a DD as any!!

Great to see companies committed to customer care and the production of great solid products represented too.

The best of luck to all involved. 

Best of British luck for the expo and hope there's lots more simmers buying IL2.

I always stay at the Flamingo when in Vegas, really annoyed I can't get there this year  - a new PC and Oculus Rift came before a holiday!!.. :)

So sorry for Han, Sergey and co - hopefully next year...but well done Luke and Hooves. Hope all you guys have a great time and every success in ‘selling’ the sim to the uninitiated!

• Like 1

Win a VKB flight stick if you can shoot down the most targets!!???  

What are the aircraft limitations? 

Hmmm La5 armour piercing with 10% fuel... scramble from runway...  

or spitfire mkV with 10% fuel 

6 minutes ago, spartan85 said:

What are the aircraft limitations? 

Hmmm La5 armour piercing with 10% fuel... scramble from runway...  

or spitfire mkV with 10% fuel 

Ju 52 with rear gunner. :biggrin:

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 1

Ohhhh yesssss

Or even better, set them up online TAW so they get kicked before they even take off because they haven’t registered..... :)

it in all seriousness... I’m very happy for the devs getting this all together.    Good job on those virtual cockpits... you should put them up for auction on the il2 site after the expo :).

have fun and make sure to tell the new comers to the series that what ever happens in il2 Vegas....  doesn’t have to stay in Vegas ;)  

Looks great Jason! Honestly, I've sold the most copies of IL2 by putting friends in my VR simpit and loading up the beautiful Kuban map. That's all it takes, and they are often looking for a bill of materials to build their own and pricing out a Vive before they leave my house. 

Hopefully you create some hype and bring more people into our awesome hobby! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Wow very nice desk pits! You guys are showing off our favorite sim in the style it deserves well done. 

I'm sure we all have at some point and still enjoy many of those "other sims" that will be there on display, but IL2 still gives me the best feeling of flight out of all of them! Show them what's up :) and blow them away. 

Looks very impressive, well done.  To get some of the civilian sim crowd in maybe you put up sign "Taildragger Pilots Wanted".

Good Luck with the event.

Cheers,

Lfox

Looks Ace Jason! Can't attend the show, although I should be in Vegas somewhere July :)

That looks great!!

Have fun you guys and hopefully a lot of new pilots enjoy the wonders of the IL2 battles.

Too bad the political BS ruined it for our Russian friends... Hopefully it will be a success and they can make it next year. Kudos to the guys that stepped up.

And we're here! 🎰🛩️✈️15284876818414177777581773322313.thumb.jpg.a637b79ad165024ad5a1282e664266f8.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Wahooo!!!  Go sell sell sell il2 Vegas team! Show those civi simmers what real flying is :)

• Upvote 1

Very impressive setups! You guys are going to do great out there. We look forward to working with new pilots to our community.

Spread the news to the civilian pilots that flying a plane from A to B is fun and rewarding but bringing it down to the ground in flames is also fun. Ánd rewarding. 😁

✈️

💥

💥                                                                                           .

.       .

.      .

.       .                         

.      .

🛩️

• Haha 2

Nice, hope yall have a good time.

Will anything new be shown? Something American maybe😉. Only reason I ask is because of the pits, not that it has any correlation to whats being shown.

EDIT. Ignore me, just reread the post and saw that there will be no new announcements, it's all good though. Hope everyone has a good time.

Edited by Legioneod