Salutations,

Looks great. But the pedals 'appear' to be rather close together. Can their width apart be widened? 

Looks like the TPR will be at FlightSimExpo this weekend.

Hope we'll get exciting news from both Great Battles Series and Thrustmaster! ☺️

Looking forward to hearing how they are. I'll have to stop by their booth at EAA. 

Looking very cool and small enough to fit in my Obutto!

Nut crackers which will have similar price to MFG and Slaws/BRD but with much less quality.

Nah.

• Upvote 2

great marketing at work..

" PENDUL_R™ technology makes it the first-ever, mass-market pendular rudder systems and instantly becomes one of the most advanced products ever offered to fans of flight sims and flying games. "

Posted (edited)

Geometry  kinematics is similar to P-47, P-51 rudder pedals.

s-l1600.jpg

Tm H.E.A.R.T. means  "HALL EFFECT ACCURATE TECHNOLOGY" = contactless sensor used all three axes (rudder, R/L brakes).

Edited by Sokol1

Posted (edited)
On 6/7/2018 at 4:57 PM, Thad said:

But the pedals 'appear' to be rather close together. 

Picture are in perspective, so don't give a clear idea of width.

Anyway an beta test (on CheckSix) suggest that width is close to ~50 cm, fit just in an Akers-Barners cockpit ~50 cm width (RL F-16 cockpit is 20 "3/8 = 51,52cm).

Brake pad inclination is adjustable ~45º - 90º.

Edited by Sokol1
type

The TPRs are being demo'd here at the Vegas show by Aerosoft. They are massive, suffice it to say.

18 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

The TPRs are being demo'd here at the Vegas show by Aerosoft. They are massive, suffice it to say.

Do they show something else or just the ruder pedals ????

34 minutes ago, bubo942 said:

Do they show something else or just the ruder pedals ????

That's the only thing I have seen.

Here they are:

1528586719258301523318015379522.thumb.jpg.539d18aee73a430324f323ab7d5d2c09.jpg

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Unfortunately, the ones here at the Vegas show weren't hooked up to a computer, so I didn't get to try them out in a sim. Still, the basic "feel" of them was good. I'd definitely keep an eye on these.

Can of Pepsi for reference: ;)

15286630411741692748126875874060.thumb.jpg.a8c295c66d2ad5d29b1533ef12101d20.jpg

• Like 1

They do look impressive and the first pedal assemblage that appears to truly replicate the action of real plane pedal/rudder movement.

The vast majority of sets, as everyone knows is push forward on one pedal and the other pedal swings rearward. 

If the pedal separation is sufficient to allow for a center Monstertech joystick mount, then I will sell my new MFG Crosswinds

on ebay, and buy a set of these.     I have had great luck with my TM Warthog and hope these are the same high quality.

17 hours ago, LukeFF said:

Can of Pepsi for reference: ;)

that's a huge b%@#%..

they said it's around 15 lbs. With this size I'm surprised it's not whole 40lbs..

After watching Sokol's video I see that the pedals swing on a central pivot and do not move independently.  

52 minutes ago, Sokol1 said:

when the 2nd guy tried them out it did look like they seem to provide a very ergonomic form factor for the natural leg movement.

I use the push pedals from the VKB, i.e. I simply use my toes and it provides the minimum yet a lot more precise input. Although I do understand it's not authentic flying barefoot in the real plane.. :)   Before that I tried the plasticky ones from saitek and those were a massive let down as far as the mechanical feedback. 

These TPR's are something else.

Thanks Sokol1 and LukeFF for pictures and video. Now, it seams they are huge and comfortable. Definitely not nut crackers (with that said I definitely get used to CH pedals just with the foots resting under 45 deg, no probs). The mechanism itself is very interesting. I suppose one can rest his foot on the floor while moving the pedals with the upper part of the foot.

Now, we will se what would be the price. Also we will need to see first serious reviews to make any conclusions if those will detronize MFGs.

Edited by blackram

Being Thrustmaster I have a inborn skepticism , but this looks great. And if it is what it looks , I will switch my Crosswind with it. I think there will be a lot of them in the marked

Not impressive in this "CAM" times, the old tweezers with "detent" (CH, Saiteks...) center system. 🙄

TPR2.jpg

Simmer impression

Edited by Sokol1
video link

I agree with the "foot on the floor" remark. But they are still overpriced (compared to other high end designs). And we still dont know how precise they actually are. MFGs are very precise as we learned.

I just wish Milan would finally 3D print the combat style footrests for MFGs.

Edited by blackram

Precise should be, after all use same HALL sensor (Melexis) of Warthog (H.E.A.R.T). Claim that BRD or MFG or Slaw or VKB or Tm has more precise sensors is moot - all have more precision than our foots can handle. 

I wonder why MFG users don't did this themselves : 3D Print a combat foot rest. :)

Edited by Sokol1

3 hours ago, blackram said:

I agree with the "foot on the floor" remark. But they are still overpriced (compared to other high end designs). And we still dont know how precise they actually are. MFGs are very precise as we learned.

These look like a good product from Thrustmaster with their quality that you don't care for but curious as to what pedals you currently own and use?   I own and use a set of MFG Crosswinds which are very good.

16 hours ago, Sokol1 said:

Precise should be, after all use same HALL sensor (Melexis) of Warthog (H.E.A.R.T). Claim that BRD or MFG or Slaw or VKB or Tm has more precise sensors is moot - all have more precision than our foots can handle. 

I wonder why MFG users don't did this themselves : 3D Print a combat foot rest. :)

I dont have a 3d printer and knowledge to do that, Im just a stupid customer.

These look like a good product from Thrustmaster with their quality that you don't care for but curious as to what pedals you currently own and use?   I own and use a set of MFG Crosswinds which are very good.

I used to have Simped vario pro usb and now I have borrowed CH pedals while saving for MFGs.

Edited by blackram