Jump to content
6./ZG26_Custard

Dice destroys WWII -Battlefield V

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

 

Well okay then maybe my lack of understanding of the comic book culture. Dont get me wrong I know your a good guy inprogress and there is part of me that understands what people mean when inclusivity is forced into culture and entertainment in a way that is very obviously jarring and patronizing.

I think if you like something, especially as a big fan of it. And then someone comes and starts spamming their political views into this universe, you will get angry about it. If it was only good... but it's not, new sw movies they make are simply horrible, from acting, atmosphere, story and more. I even got books, so maybe these plot holes would be filled and explained... but noo, it was made like this, there is no explanation to this abomination.

 

Well there is still Warhammer ;)

purge-the-unclean_o_6726305.jpg

Edited by InProgress

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, InProgress said:

It was example... kids that were thought about certain things from the beginning will be blindly following it, does not matter what it is, nazism, communism etc. Again, there is difference between normal use of characters and to make only women so badass and great and show them as better than everyone else. It sucks, but I don't care about it really, unless they put it into something I like, and here was star wars. Making princess Leia to be a complete dick, executing wounded pow? Is this as low as they can go? Making her basically superior to everyone else?

 

If your complaint is about entertainment providing bad role models for kids, then I certainly don't disagree...but I offer for consideration that they have been doing this forever; it's not a recent SJW or "liberalism" issue at all. I mean, this complaint you have could apply just as well to any of the big Hollywood names.

 

Ironically, one of the complaints that women and people of color have when they step out into the spotlight is facing greater scrutiny than their predecessors for doing the exact same thing. In other words, there can be a thousand awful cartoons or action movies with Luke Skywalker or Rambo or Chuck Norris and nobody notices, but when it is Princess Leia or Wonder Woman or that guy Finn suddenly we care that it sucks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Andy, check your privilege for heavens sake. many of those middle-class all-male minority-free "individuals" you refer to may actually identify as demi pansexual otherkin.

 

With all due respect, those statements don't really serve your argument. Excessive, mocking cynicism is of absolutely no use in any discussion and simply serves to drown out opposing views without listening to them. 

 

I've just spent the last three years in Brighton* (possibly your idea of a hell-hole when it comes to "SJW's" and alternative culture), I can quite confidently state that this doomsday portrayal of masculinity being eroded is vastly exaggerated. Your views on the proliferation of SJW's is just as exaggerated as the views of SJW's are regarding social justice. Social justice warriors are a tiny, minute minority. They have a loud voice, certainly, but drowning out their shouts with your own serves no real purpose. Argument, and reasoned discussion are the way forward. Not least because at least you'll get to know who you're arguing with. 

It's nothing personal, but I find it so trying when I'm confronted by umbrella terms used to categorise and demonise entire sub-sections of a population. "White privilege" and "the patriarchy" are just as ridiculously generalised, exploded and vague terms as "SJW" and "snowflake". The only purpose these terms serve is to attribute broadly negative traits to large numbers of people, in support of an agenda. This agenda may be "SJW" or "anti-SJW". 
 

I didn't like the Battlefield trailer personally, I thought it was poorly directed, chaotic, unrepresentative and over-the-top. The issue I have with it, and a broader trend within gaming, is that it tries to appeal to too many. The problem is not social justice, or even historical revisionism; the problem is that DICE are willing to sacrifice so many things, large and small, simply to get a larger share of the market -- if that dilutes what the franchise is about, so be it. That, in my view, is the real shame.

 

 

 

*

For those not familiar with the UK, Brighton is a city known for its LGBT community and very open, liberal views on alternative culture. 
 

Edited by Leaf
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well sometimes i put myself eye shadow and wear the boots outside the trousers and thank god those silver leggins didnt arrive

 

but i do all that because nobody does it, so machoman caveman is saved, he still rules and gets all the chicks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Leaf said:

 

With all due respect, those statements don't really serve your argument. Excessive, mocking cynicism is of absolutely no use in any discussion and simply serves to drown out opposing views without listening to them. 

 

I've just spent the last three years in Brighton* (possibly your idea of a hell-hole when it comes to "SJW's" and alternative culture), I can quite confidently state that this doomsday portrayal of masculinity being eroded is vastly exaggerated. Your views on the proliferation of SJW's is just as exaggerated as the views of SJW's are regarding social justice. Social justice warriors are a tiny, minute minority. They have a loud voice, certainly, but drowning out their shouts with your own serves no real purpose. Argument, and reasoned discussion are the way forward. Not least because at least you'll get to know who you're arguing with. 

It's nothing personal, but I find it so trying when I'm confronted by umbrella terms used to categorise and demonise entire sub-sections of a population. "White privilege" and "the patriarchy" are just as ridiculously generalised, exploded and vague terms as "SJW" and "snowflake". The only purpose these terms serve is to attribute broadly negative traits to large numbers of people, in support of an agenda. This agenda may be "SJW" or "anti-SJW". 
 

I didn't like the Battlefield trailer personally, I thought it was poorly directed, chaotic, unrepresentative and over-the-top. The issue I have with it, and a broader trend within gaming, is that it tries to appeal to too many. The problem is not social justice, or even historical revisionism; the problem is that DICE are willing to sacrifice so many things, large and small, simply to get a larger share of the market -- if that dilutes what the franchise is about, so be it. That, in my view, is the real shame.

 

 

 

*

For those not familiar with the UK, Brighton is a city known for its LGBT community and very open, liberal views on alternative culture. 
 

Well said! :salute:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

9 hours ago, Leaf said:

With all due respect, those statements don't really serve your argument. Excessive, mocking cynicism is of absolutely no use in any discussion and simply serves to drown out opposing views without listening to them.

It depends whether you agree with the argument or not though Leaf, doesn't it? I am never worried about opposing views but if I think certain aspects of any argument or view deserve to be mocked then I'll mock it.

9 hours ago, Leaf said:

possibly your idea of a hell-hole

No, that would be Middlesbrough.

 

9 hours ago, Leaf said:

the views of SJW's are regarding social justice. Social justice warriors are a tiny, minute minority. 

 

Are you sure about that?

 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/why-cant-we-hate-men/2018/06/08/f1a3a8e0-6451-11e8-a69c-b944de66d9e7_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.4965b355e80a

 

https://www.thecollegefix.com/post/39422/

 

http://librarycard.org/2017/08/14/syllabus-sex-gender-differences-disprove-sexist-science/?utm_content=buffer3e218&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

 

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/mar/24/feminist-conference-says-clapping-triggers-anxiety/

 

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/11/fired-google-engineer-damore-says-company-is-like-a-cult.html

 

 

 

 

 

 

9 hours ago, Leaf said:

Argument, and reasoned discussion are the way forward. Not least because at least you'll get to know who you're arguing with. 

You have flown with us and been on our TS before, so if you want to come and have a discussion about any topic, then please feel free to PM, if you ever wish to talk about SJW's - Anti-SJW's or whatever, anytime that is convenient. 

9 hours ago, Leaf said:

I find it so trying when I'm confronted by umbrella terms used to categorise and demonise entire sub-sections of a population. "White privilege" and "the patriarchy" are just as ridiculously generalised, exploded and vague terms as "SJW" and "snowflake".

 

It is rather trying isn't it? 

 

 

 

9 hours ago, Leaf said:

Brighton is a city known for its LGBT community and very open, liberal views on alternative culture. 
 

 With regards to Brighton, I have spent many an enjoyable day there but I like to view people as individuals and not a collective group, I'm not concerned about their  individual sexual or lifestyle choices.  Unfortunately, just as many people will scoff at  traditional "lifestyles" and culture as those who would scoff at the alternative.   

 

The thing that concerns me most is the "cult" like mentally of the far left which is just as abhorrent to me as the "cult" like mentality of the far right.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by 6./ZG26_Custard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile back on topic....

...but it will have Battle Royale mode.

Which sounds like a really unique and interesting game mode! 🤑

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't like the Battlefield games, the run - die - spawn - run - die and repeat gameplay doesn't appeal to me at all.


However, I love what EA have done with BF V this time around, simply because it's dragged a bunch of man-babies out of the woodwork, and reading their wailing and angst-ridden rantings is more entertainment than I usually get from a Battlefield game.

 

Well played EA.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Extreme_One said:

love what EA have done with BF V this time around, simply because it's dragged a bunch of man-babies out of the woodwork, and reading their wailing and angst-ridden rantings is more entertainment than I usually get from a Battlefield game.

 

15 hours ago, Leaf said:

 

With all due respect, those statements don't really serve your argument. Excessive, mocking cynicism is of absolutely no use in any discussion and simply serves to drown out opposing views without listening to them. 

 

h9YjH3L.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 

It depends whether you agree with the argument or not though Leaf, doesn't it? I am never worried about opposing views but if I think certain aspects of any argument or view deserve to be mocked then I'll mock it.

 

That's where we differ; I don't think views expressed (on either side) deserve mockery unless under extreme circumstances (flat earthers, for instance, who are clearly delusional morons). But personally I think mockery often (on both sides in this case) comes far too quickly.

 

6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 

No, that would be Middlesbrough.

 

Fair point.

 

6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

You have flown with us and been on our TS before, so if you want to come and have a discussion about any topic, then please feel free to PM, if you ever wish to talk about SJW's - Anti-SJW's or whatever, anytime that is convenient. 

 

Might send a PM depending on how busy I at the moment; finished my degree but things are still quite hectic.

 

6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

"It is rather trying isn't it?"

[video]

 

That woman, based on the evidence, is clearly not the brightest spark and doing exactly what I mentioned I dislike. She's doing us the favour of proving both of our points simultaneously. Crass generalisations regarding large groups of people, lack of evidence or reasoned argument. 

 

6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

 With regards to Brighton, I have spent many an enjoyable day there but I like to view people as individuals and not a collective group, I'm not concerned about their  individual sexual or lifestyle choices.  Unfortunately, just as many people will scoff at  traditional "lifestyles" and culture as those who would scoff at the alternative.   

 

That is indeed the problem, lack of reasoned discussion and understanding on both sides. But the problem (to which it has to be said, I have no answer for) is that certain marginal groups in society feel that they've been oppressed or are being oppressed, and the ways in which they claim to be are no easily quantified, and are too subjective. Does that make their concerns less valid? That depends on the case (some of the links above illustrate that), but the lack of concrete, uniform ways to legislate against said "oppression" (whether real or subjective), without infringing on other people's rights in-turn, makes this a tricky issue. 

 

6 hours ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

The thing that concerns me most is the "cult" like mentally of the far left which is just as abhorrent to me as the "cult" like mentality of the far right.

 

Again, absolutely agree. The problem here is that what constitutes as "far" or "extreme" is very relative. 200 years ago, opposing slavery may have been considered "extreme". 
What I'm saying is that the lack of reasoned debate on both sides, between the two extremes, is very much lacking. 

 

14 minutes ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

[picture]

 

 

What's your point? As I said, mocking or cynicism serves no real purpose in a debate. That goes for both sides, I thought that goes without saying. I can't believe I have to spell this out, but I don't condone mocking on either side of an argument; doing so only dilutes your own argument. Again, that's a universal rule.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Leaf said:

That's where we differ; I don't think views expressed (on either side) deserve mockery unless under extreme circumstances (flat earthers, for instance, who are clearly delusional morons). But personally I think mockery often (on both sides in this case) comes far too quickly.

 

One problem is though that both "sides" on the extreme have given up even listening to each other. Sometimes mockery can be meant as a lighthearted dig. 

49 minutes ago, Leaf said:

Might send a PM depending on how busy I at the moment; finished my degree but things are still quite hectic.

Well, the invitation is there, so if you have time feel free to pop in for a discussion.

50 minutes ago, Leaf said:

certain marginal groups in society feel that they've been oppressed or are being oppressed

 The problem comes when identity politics and Intersectionality invariably create the cult of the eternal victim. (This is probably better expanded upon if you ever pop on TS for a chat.)

56 minutes ago, Leaf said:

What's your point?

 It one of those lighthearted digs.

 

Anyway back to Battlefield V, it looks awful but undoubtedly it will make EA millions. I for one won't be opening my wallet for this title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

liberalism vs conservationism

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This sure is a pointless discussion.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, angus26 said:

This sure is a pointless discussion.

 

I don't know. If I hadn't read this thread, I'd never have learned that the Daily Telegraph had been infiltrated by Cultural Marxists. ;)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, AndyJWest said:

I don't know. If I hadn't read this thread, I'd never have learned that the Daily Telegraph had been infiltrated by Cultural Marxists. ;)

Don't forget Google, Brown University , the Australian Senate, Evergreen State College The Washington times, The Washington post, WSU and the NUS at Oxford. Those pesky neo-marxists get everywhere   😉

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rolling_Thunder said:

Keep your politics to yourselves. This isn't the place.

Unfortunately not many people have this idea through their heads in this forum. The internet brings about the worst in people in regards to politics because it just ends up doing what it’s always done: creates an even messier argument that has absolutely 0 value. People that make things out to be about politics need to re-examine what type of work they are looking at. This is a video game TRAILER. This is not propaganda, or a political video. Let’s just leave it at that.

I’m sure a lot of people agree; the trailer sucks but then again no one should take a trailer as anything other than a trailer. Trailers do not represent gameplay accurately 100% nor do they represent anything other than just a showcase of the game (usually cinematically) for the purpose of having people get a look at it and see if they want to buy it. In this case it seems the trailer wasn’t well received, and people had to bring in politics, which as usual; made it get messy. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at BF V, i can't decide if i should laugh or cry. I mean i love absurd humour but this is too much.

 

Anyway, many people seem to enjoy this type of game. Only problem is, as others have stated, that they should not call this a ww2 thing at all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Most people choose the majority's opinion, no matter what they self think or see in their own eyes. About 60%. And indoctrination, manipulation, image marketing, constant repeating the messages the news and media are marketing to us, the lifestyle and ideas. That is the most people's ideas and opinions too.

But very little discussion what it would take to make this planet a paradise. Or what it is the plan for the whole human race. It cant be endless competition. There are limits. Sorry OT.

 

 

ed. For the topic, that black nazi women can be the burning hot new trend in the streets of swinging London at the spring 2318.

I wonder what our opinions would be, if nazis would have won the war. Im glad they didnt.

 

 

Edited by VesseL
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Edited by RAY-EU
Future generation robots for the Battelfield :
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×