sammydee

Accelerate time in mission........

............is it still disabled for the campaigns and if so why is this necessary in Single Player? 

It is not disabled. The problem is that it's just very demanding on the CPU. Unless you have a NASA machine you won't be able to experience the game faster than 2x or 4x the normal speed.

Guest deleted@30725

It was limited to 2x in the campaign, but I think general single player is OK up to 8X and it doesn't require a massive spec gaming pc to use the 8x.

As for why it's necessary, sometimes life takes priority meaning you need to cover ground quickly. Not everyone has time for a four hour game round trip.

35 minutes ago, BFBunny said:

It was limited to 2x in the campaign, but I think general single player is OK up to 8X and it doesn't require a massive spec gaming pc to use the 8x.

As for why it's necessary, sometimes life takes priority meaning you need to cover ground quickly. Not everyone has time for a four hour game round trip.

Most people can't get 4x on the campaign let alone 8x.

You are in another world

Guest deleted@30725
Just now, AeroAce said:

Most people can't get 4x on the campaign let alone 8x.

You are in another world

Its been a long time since I last played.

I thought it was limited to 2x in the campaign and 4 or 8x in normal single player.

I thought most people who had this game had at least an i5 or i7 and at least a gtx760.

Ah well. I tried 😄

The time acceleration is not differently enabled in career vs any other type of mission.

It's a function of how much logic is present on the map - period. The time accel function falls off very quickly however with relatively little logic/units placed.

I can make a simple test mission, even on the Kuban map with a single aircraft and you get 8X, very smoothly.

Start adding even a few things however and before you know it it, you're down to 2X.  Just how it is.

Yes the number keeps change from 2x, 4x, 8x, and the camera starts shaking faster if you're in external view, but the mission does not progress any faster.

In fact in most of my campaign missions I don't even get a true 2x boost.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, BFBunny said:

Its been a long time since I last played.

I thought it was limited to 2x in the campaign and 4 or 8x in normal single player.

I thought most people who had this game had at least an i5 or i7 and at least a gtx760.

Ah well. I tried 😄

The campaign has changed massively since the launch version. You should check it out.

4 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

In fact in most of my campaign missions I don't even get a true 2x boost.

In some of the new campaign missions if I mac out density etc I don't even get 1x . It is like 0.5x lol

It says 8x, it's trying for 8x, but it's not really 8x.  It depends entirely on what's in the air and on the ground.  

Maybe in 10 years time when we all use nasa power computer graphics,but I suppose by then we will be flying in 4d vr sets

when you think how far we have come in the last 10-20 years just think what it will be like in 10-20 years time

In my experience scripted campaigns by B6 are limited to 4x. The rest are 8x even if your computer can't actually make it go that fast.

I use 8X acceleration in almost all my career missions for egress back to the home field after clearing the combat zone.

8X works just fine without issues and I normally use medium density ground units!!!

Any problems appear to be with the users rig and not with the program.

A, don't  confuse the camera shaking faster with the aircraft actually moving faster.

B, career missions are light on units.

The camera shakes more quickly as you go to 4x, 8x, and the number says 8x...but no you're not getting 8x.

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

A, don't  confuse the camera shaking faster with the aircraft actually moving faster.

B, career missions are light on units.

The camera shakes more quickly as you go to 4x, 8x, and the number says 8x...but no you're not getting 8x.

I don't see any shaking but can definitely state that looking at movement over the ground and watching the speed at which the distance indicator decreases and watching the movement of the plane icon on the map that 8X is much faster than 4X and 4X is much faster than 2X.

Edited by fiddlinjim
left out info

You wouldn't even get true 4x in a heavy scripted mission. 

Just depends on the amount of logic/AI etc. Career missions as I said are fairly light.

I haven't seen anyone actually getting 8x in career yet....8x is pretty damn fast.

Maybe you're the one guy who is.

I get 8x with my Ryzen 1700, but only in VERY light missions.

I'm talking early build stage with just a few aircraft. By the end I don't even get 4x.

I will log the time to travel a set distance at each of the four speeds 8X, 4X and 2X and post them here. 

An easy work around would be if they allowed us to start a mission much closer to the action point in the campaign. Sometimes I like taking off, flying, doing the action point, flying back, and landing. Other times I just don't have the time to sink into too many of those missions. I know you can choose to start in the air, but It'd be great if we could also move the mission start point. 

On 6/5/2018 at 9:13 PM, meplanes1969 said:

Maybe in 10 years time when we all use nasa power computer graphics,but I suppose by then we will be flying in 4d vr sets

when you think how far we have come in the last 10-20 years just think what it will be like in 10-20 years time

You know people used to believe that 2000 would be the era of flying cars :fly: