borimor

Buying from here or Steam?

Dears,

Allow me a couple of simple questions. Is there any real difference between buying the il-2 BOS (or BOM, or BOK etc) from here instead from Steam site? Are there any different benefits by buying the games from these two different sources?

Your reply is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

borimor

The primary difference is Steam takes around a 30% cut of the sale. Steam also updates the game automagically (depending on your settings) without having to open IL-2's updater.

Buy through the website to ensure the guys get paid in full for their work and can support a living making flight sims for us.

Edited by Space_Ghost
  • Upvote 2

If you want this game on steam, buy steam one (Stalingrad) then you can buy here, steam, does not matter. You will have everything combined in 1 game. If you want DRM free game (no steam) then buy here. Just important info, if you want it on steam you have to buy stalingrad first there, it counts as main game there and rest is dlc for it.

Also be advised that currently, not all versions of the game are on Steam. BoK isn't available and I don't think the pre-order for BoBP is either. There has been some issue with valve having a lot of new requirements for putting new content on Steam and the Devs are working on it but don't know when it will happen.

So for now the only option for BoK and BoBp is direct from the devs. 

Buy here and then you can add it to steam later if you want.

EDIT ABOVE IS WRONG!!!!!

Edited by AeroAce

28 minutes ago, AeroAce said:

Buy here and then you can add it to steam later if you want.

You no longer can do that. That was a limited offer to people who bought BoS on the IL-2 store, before it was made available on Steam. Right now if you want the game on steam, you MUST purchase Il-2 Battle Of Stalingrad on the Steam store. All other products can be purchased from the Il-2 store if one wishes, and you can still enjoy all the advantages of having the game on steam.

Edited by Pupo

In my country (Poland) only Battle of Moscow is avaible to buy on steam. I dont want to pay of  PayPal, the steam is easier to buy something. Sadly, i can buy in future only BoM on steam :/.

12 minutes ago, GTursonA523 said:

In my country (Poland) only Battle of Moscow is avaible to buy on steam. I dont want to pay of  PayPal, the steam is easier to buy something. Sadly, i can buy in future only BoM on steam :/.

They are planning to add Battle of Kuban and Battle of Bodenplatte eventually. I think everyone is in the same boat...with Steam you have to buy Battle of Stalingrad first and then Battle of Moscow as DLC. They haven't been able to add Battle of Kuban because of some new requirements on Steam apparently. Jason has said it's coming soon, but couldn't say when as it was out of his hands.

Unless there's a specific issue with distribution in Poland - not sure about that.

If you like Steam and the features it gives you, buy the base game (Battle of Stalingrad) there, then buy anything else you want here on the website. It's all tied to your user account, so it'll all show up when you start BoS on Steam.

• Upvote 1

When I first got the game I got it off Steam as I didn`t realise you could buy non-Steam. Had I known, I would`ve got it direct.