Sign in to follow this  
LesG

Roccat Power Grid for Rise of Flight

English language

German language

More information about my power grid project at my Youtube Channel (power grid playlist)

english and german language

Edited by LesG

Screenshot from my Mobile Phone (instrument panel - german language) 

rofscreen1dqo1.jpg

In the moment i am waiting for an answer from jason williams. 

I asked him for a permission to use the RoF grafics / sreenshots for the instrument grid.

Edited by LesG

I deleted all the screenshots i made from the RoF instruments.

I added new grafics to the grid from pictures i made in the last years at 

Museum Air and Space Paris Le Bourget

Imperial War Museum Duxford

Militärhistorisches Museum Berlin Gatow

and other Museum in Europe

rofhandygyuy2.jpg

So i dont have to wait for a permission to use the RoF screenshots.

On 5/31/2018 at 8:35 PM, Avyx said:

What exactly is this, actually? 

Its a Software for PC and a app for a tablet or mobile phone.

I made the grid with all the keycommands (rise of flight or IL2 BoX) you need to fly. 

I created this grafical interface for the commands so that you can see directly the function (for example cockpit light on/off)

ideal9uu4o.jpg

The Roccat Software is freeware, the Roccat app is freeware and my grids are for free.

https://www.roccat.org/en-DE/Products/Gaming-Software/Power-Grid/Home/

Download my grid, import it in the Roccat software at the pc and use the grafical interface to send the key controller on your tablet like you see at the picture of my enviroment at home.

For example my grid for rise of flight / german language (english language is in progress):

HuD on/off 

Symbols on/off

Replay on/off

Cockpit light on/off

Minimap on/off

Autopilot on/off

Mixture automatic on/off

Radiator automatic on/off

rofhandygyuy2.jpg

Radiator open

Radiator close

Mixture +

Mixture -

Engine on/off

Edited by LesG
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Sry wrong thread

Edited by LesG

I'm not familiar with Roccat Power Grid,  but a similar app called Custom Control Pad uses Wi-Fi.  The ipad simply needs to be on the same local network.

On 7/28/2018 at 5:35 PM, SeaSerpent said:

I'm not familiar with Roccat Power Grid,  but a similar app called Custom Control Pad uses Wi-Fi.  The ipad simply needs to be on the same local network.

I did try it in combination with my Ipad but like many others on the web, it does not work. Maybe more luckey using an Android or Iphone, but it does not work on a Ipad. 

I did try everything manual IP, firewall off 

Like to know are there better alternatives for this Roccat, could you share the info link on that Control pad. 

5 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

I did try it in combination with my Ipad but like many others on the web, it does not work. Maybe more luckey using an Android or Iphone, but it does not work on a Ipad. 

I did try everything manual IP, firewall off 

Like to know are there better alternatives for this Roccat, could you share the info link on that Control pad. 

To be clear Dutch, it does work, and several people I know of are using it.  I'm sorry you couldn't get it to work on your Ipad.  There probably are other IOS alternatives.

Edited by SeaSerpent

27 minutes ago, SeaSerpent said:

To be clear Dutch, it does work, and several people I know of are using it.  I'm sorry you couldn't get it to work on your Ipad.  There probably are other IOS alternatives.

Sorry seems to be a mistake.

what software do you use, because it seems you use something different and I would try that one. 

24 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

Sorry seems to be a mistake.

what software do you use, because it seems you use something different and I would try that one. 

I'm using Windows 10 on the PC and IOS 11 on the Ipads.  For me, all I had to do was purchase the app at the Apple store, and then install on the PC the additional component (that you download from the Frozen Pepper website), which runs in the background.  And then, establishing connection was just a touch of the widget in the left hand corner of the app.  The oldest generation of Ipad that I'm running it on is a Mini 2.

Do you happen to be running a first generation Ipad?  I'm pretty sure CCP is a 64 bit app, so if you are running a really old Ipad with an IOS that doesn't support 64 bit, that probably wouldn't work.

Edited by SeaSerpent

1 hour ago, SeaSerpent said:

I'm using Windows 10 on the PC and IOS 11 on the Ipads.  For me, all I had to do was purchase the app at the Apple store, and then install on the PC the additional component (that you download from the Frozen Pepper website), which runs in the background.  And then, establishing connection was just a touch of the widget in the left hand corner of the app.  The oldest generation of Ipad that I'm running it on is a Mini 2.

Do you happen to be running a first generation Ipad?  I'm pretty sure CCP is a 64 bit app, so if you are running a really old Ipad with an IOS that doesn't support 64 bit, that probably wouldn't work.

I do run a Ipad air, but I will delete that trouble som Roccat and try that CCP from Frozen Pepper. 

Thanks 

On 7/28/2018 at 12:34 PM, Dutch2 said:

How does an ipad connect to the pc, pure by bluetooth? 

The Roccat Software and App is a WiFi only System.

Sry but i cant help you with the Apple System i use Windows 7 and Android OS for the tablet.

But you can contact the Roccat Support (via mail) the are very friendly and they will help you. 

They helped me as they can and i received quick an answer when i had a problem with the Grids.

Edited by LesG

i cannot find the launcher program you are talking about but i found the rest on the site

i found a video that explains all but the software is not available anymore from what i understand

I checked the downloadlink at the roccat page but i only get a 404 error.

They changed the server enviroment two month ago and it seems that the download page is down or the link is wrong.

I found the installer V0.459 (0.461 is the last installer version) here:

https://www.chip.de/downloads/Roccat-Power-Grid_65064955.html

and the app you can download at the google play store.

I checked it and installed the app at my new tablet 5 min. ago. It works.

I dont know what Roccat are doing with the software.

Maybe they dont share the installer because the finished the development for the software or it is just a broken link. 

You can ask the roccat support to help you but i think they are not interested to support Power Grid anymore. 

Edited by LesG