TheWarsimmer

Water reflections pop in and out and color changes in VR (gif included)

Is anyone getting this now? I haven't been able to isolate the cause (changed hdr, shadows quality etc), but now slightly moving your head will cause the color of water to snap to different shades of blue, and treeline reflections will also pop in and out of existence. Using the 3d migoto mod, but don't believe that's the cause. The color change happens at any height. It's very distracting.

EDIT: Found the culprit. Shadows set to anything higher than low cause the problem. If anyone else encounters this issue, set your shadow quality down.

water.gif

Edited by baylor703
Discovered cause
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, I've ran into the problem again. I thought it was the shadows, but it turns out I just flew at a different time of day. It seems to be isolated to when the sun is at certain positions. Is anyone else experiencing this?

It has happened. Shame that this is not the solution to it. 

It may be an issue with the engine, good old bug. 

devs are ( or should be) aware as it's been reported a few times (by me!) ;)

good deal. Wasn't sure if it was unique to my rig or a software problem. Have you been able to isolate the cause? It seems like it depends where the sun is located in reference to you. The instant color change of the water is most jarring.

Edited by baylor703

Have you guys noticed the other problem of cloud reflections on the water making the rivers and things look all shimmery?

I have the same issue, currently there is no fix that I know of. Just kind of have to put up with it.

Out of intrest dose this happen when the cockpit is open or only when you are viewing it through the canopy? 

I think I have found the solution, I set grass to distant or distant landscape detail to at least 2x and I saw no more flashing of the reflections on the water. It could be either of those settings, I'd go with the grass setting though since it does a lot more than set the distance the grass spawns for. It does all the texture resolutions for the landscape. I'll try and do some more testing.

• Like 1