seafireliv

So what is it with the P40 fuel Gauge?

I wanted to tap the gauge on the screen in an attempt to check it`s working...

Have you noticed that the p40 fuel goes to zero real quick, but you still don`t run out of fuel? I`ve been on some really long missions there and back. Those times I completely forgot about fuel (I usually take 70%). Just behind enemy lines and returning to base I notice the gauge was at 0%! In a panic I flew high and towards my friendly base, convinced I was going to run out of fuel...

A good while later (about 10-15 minutes) , nearly at base, gauge still on 0 and doing fine, landed, a o k. Ok maybe that was a fluke.

Another mission did it again! Zero fuel apparently, flew all the way back, no probs. It happened a 3rd time when I started watching the Gauge... It goes down quickly, but never runs out.

Is this correct? Did the P40 have some kind of quirk where the needle runs down real fast, but the fuel tanks were not empty by a good level? I`m curious.

• Haha 2

The fuel indicator in the instruments panel is the auxiliar fuselage tank that get's empty first. Then you have two wing tanks which have their indicators at the floor of the cockpit

unknown.png

Edited by -=PHX=-SuperEtendard
  • Thanks 1

Whaaaaaaaaat? 😲

I did not know that. Thanks, guys. At least I didn`t say "This is a bug, you suxxors, Devs!11!?!"

Thankyou, guys.

• Haha 1

Yeah there are three gauges the instrument panel one is for the aux. fuel tank. the one on the floor to the left is the main tank/tanks and the smallest one on the floor to the right is your reserve tank. also the gauges read UK gallons not US gallons. I tend to set the P-40 fuel level to about 65% which leaves the aux. tank almost completely drained.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, seafireliv said:

Whaaaaaaaaat? 😲

I did not know that. Thanks, guys. At least I didn`t say "This is a bug, you suxxors, Devs!11!?!"

Thankyou, guys.

Check the bug reports from a year or more back - I already did that this is a bug thing 😏 although more politely! There is a lot of info, both game related and technical, in the thread though if you really want to understand the gauges. Cheers. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

Check the bug reports from a year or more back - I already did that this is a bug thing 😏 although more politely! There is a lot of info, both game related and technical, in the thread though if you really want to understand the gauges. Cheers. 

More Politely? How do you think I`m writing or even thinking?

I think you are imagining me speaking in a manner that I`m not. What is it with this "Be polite" sensitivity I`ve noticed when I haven`t been rude?

I`m a man. This is how men speak reasonably. It shall not change.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

32 minutes ago, seafireliv said:

More Politely? How do you think I`m writing or even thinking?

I think you are imagining me speaking in a manner that I`m not. What is it with this "Be polite" sensitivity I`ve noticed when I haven`t been rude?

I`m a man. This is how men speak reasonably. It shall not change.

You miss-understood him. He didn't meant he was more polite than you, he meant that he was more polite than your straw-man that screams "This is a bug, you suxxors, Devs!11!?!"

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Pupo said:

You miss-understood him. He didn't meant he was more polite than you, he meant that he was more polite than your straw-man that screams "This is a bug, you suxxors, Devs!11!?!"

Why does  this thread feel like an argument with my ex-wife...?

I`ll leave you guys to it. My issue was solved long ago.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Bloody hell. Touchy aren't we? Seeing insults where there are none intended. Pupo read it correctly. Bye 🖐.

• Upvote 2

And here I was thinking the floor gauges were the only ones, and wondering why they stay full for so long...

Edited by hrafnkolbrandr
  • Haha 1