Han

Game version 3.003 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte Early Access

yep, nothing again for the d3d error for gtx 780 users, good job dev's. continue to not reply and pretend the issue doesn't exist 

• Sad 2

I just bought it but would like to know more about the maps...

Can someone tell me exactly what maps one is able to fly on BOB right now? Holland belgium, and France (not France?) and in which cities will the action be focused on or availiable durring the present early access?  

3 minutes ago, Sneaksie said:

As others have said, this is for the C wing, which gave you the option for either twin 20mm + quad 7.7 mm, or quad 20 mm armament.

The E wing changed that to either quad 20 mm or twin 20 mm + twin 12.7 mm armement. This is the wing we have ingame for the Spitfire Mk. IX.

However you cut it right now, the current implementation is incorrect.

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

52 минуты назад, Talon_ сказал:

It says APPROX.

7 минут назад, Sneaksie сказал:

On this picture we have the same gun, ammo box seems to be identical, and no approx. before the number

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Just now, IAmNotARobot said:

It says APPROX.

On this picture we have the same gun, ammo box seems to be identical, and no approx. before the number

The gun is in the alternate cannon bay which carried more ammunition. The wing had space for two cannon - E-wing used the outer cannon bay with a 135 ammo box and the C-wing used the inner bay with the 120 ammo box. The E-wing placed a .50cal Browning where this gun used to be.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

I just bought it but would like to know more about the maps...

Can someone tell me exactly what maps one is able to fly on BOB right now? Holland belgium, and France (not France?) and in which cities will the action be focused on or availiable durring the present early access?  

The BpBP map isn't released yet.

It seems the AI can't use Wgr. 21 rockets against air targets. When an enemy planes comes near, the AI gets rid of the WGr. 21.

Great step forward for windows mixed reality headset owners and two great planes

5 minutes ago, McPetterson said:

yep, nothing again for the d3d error for gtx 780 users, good job dev's. continue to not reply and pretend the issue doesn't exist 

They're pretending it doesnt exist by having a sticky announcement at the top of this very forum, where Jason explains it is an issue with Nvidia's drivers and there is little they can do about it?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, 6./ZG26_Custard said:

Have you checked in this section of you profile?

ibP1o7q.png

Yes, and I do not show the new planes there. It's very frustrating to not be able to use something that you have paid for!

Another (rare) source supporting 135 rounds per gun in e-wing Spitfires:

https://www.thisdayinaviation.com/29-december-1944/

Screenshot of the above:

image.png.5385219a7692c26472f6cb93e21b0f75.png

I don't think the word "approx" is a good reason to under-arm an aircraft. It just means you can have 134 or 136 rounds of ammunition without there being a major issue. 120 is not "approximately" 135, it's a difference of 10%!

Also if we are now in the business of under-loading aircraft I would like to propose that all Bf109s now get zero rounds of 20mm cannon 😄

I've been waiting for Bodenplatte to try IL-2. So, I don't own any of the other sets or maps. If I pre-order Bodenplatte now to get these planes, will I be able to do anything with them? Or will I have to buy Stalingrad, Moscow, or Kuban as well to get a map to fly them from?

1 minute ago, 6./ZG26_5tuka said:

The BpBP map isn't released yet.

Ah that explains it haha! So no ideas as to what the map may contain? Really hope its Holland and Belgium, Holland especially as I think that the community will really make some great missions/campaigns about the invasion the Netherlands which would be a just perfect setting for our purposes. Western campaign set in 1944 seems a bit lopsided tbh, but once the western maps are in place it will no doubt snowball!

Well, just got out of test flying both on Kuban.  Solo flights but shooting up a train.  The Spit IX did a better job of stopping the train than the G14.

Both were a pleasure to fly. At default centering in the Spit, I felt I was face planted against the new sight so I leaned in a little to recenter.  The G14 was lovely to see well around the plane, a huge boost to the 109 visibility from the drivers seat.

I must admit though, the G14 has many lumps and bumps (Warts).  I know it was a struggle to fit the updates in but, man, did they destroy those nice lines the earlier 109's had.  Luckily for me, they are not noticeable from inside the cockpit where most of my time would be spent visually.

Love the Spit IX inflight engine sound, noice.

3 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

Ah that explains it haha! So no ideas as to what the map may contain? Really hope its Holland and Belgium, Holland especially as I think that the community will really make some great missions/campaigns about the invasion the Netherlands which would be a just perfect setting for our purposes. Western campaign set in 1944 seems a bit lopsided tbh, but once the western maps are in place it will no doubt snowball!

Just go and read DD193.

4 minutes ago, blitze said:

<snip>

Love the Spit IX inflight engine sound, noice.

It is quite a bit growlier than the MkV. So much so that after a few minutes I was beginning to be convinced that I could hear satanic voices chanting. But that was just the neighbours. 

26 minutes ago, IAmNotARobot said:

It says APPROX.

Your picture is of a C wing Spit. The IXe has the cannon in the other bay and can hold more ammo.

32 minutes ago, McPetterson said:

Don't worry, factory OC'd 1080 owners like me are affected as well.

I vote that no one talks about the update until IC fixes my issue, and I'm able to get it. Okay, guys...who's with me!? (There's a loud sound of crickets). 

Hmmph! I THOUGHT so. 

Checking the data on my hard drive, I found a single loading plan for an e variant and it lists 120rpg. That's all I have on the matter. Would it be possible that the ammo bay had a 135 round capacity but was typically loaded up with the same 120 round belts the c variants got?

Edited by JtD

2 minutes ago, PainGod85 said:

Don't worry, factory OC'd 1080 owners like me are affected as well.

Don't over clock then if that's your errors. sounds plain to me. it's like the doctor say if it hurt don't do it. 

Just now, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

Don't over clock then if that's your errors. sounds plain to me. it's like the doctor say if it hurt don't do it. 

Which part of "factory OC'd" did you fail to understand?

1 minute ago, PainGod85 said:

Which part of "factory OC'd" did you fail to understand?

mine is running fine I don't get those errors, so might want to send it back and get a new one for hardware warranty issues. and I overclock.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

mine is running fine I don't get those errors, so might want to send it back and get a new one for hardware warranty issues. and I overclock.

Riiiiight. Because someone on the internet said so and the card works fine in applications that have much higher requirements than IL-2 as well as during stress tests.

Wow, you just set a new record. Two posts in and you've made it on my ignore list.

Edited by PainGod85
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, moosya said:

holy guacamole.. didn't expect the planes to drop so soon! Job Well Done, guys!

BOB has been purchased!

They said the first two BP planes would drop this month...like..three months ago? I think? 

• Like 1

Just now, JohanLoton said:

They said the first two BP planes would drop this month...like..three months ago? I think? 

Pretty much, yeah. They said these two were to be expected before the end of spring IIRC.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

25 lb is unrealistic and im glad they didnt incude it big props to the devs. I mean yes maaaybe they intercepted some v2 rockets and thats about it.

Im sure that K4 will get similar treatment: 1.8 ata, ~580 kmh speed at deck.

Edited by Max_Damage
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Max_Damage said:

25 lb is unrealistic and im glad they didnt incude it big props to the devs. I mean yes maaaybe they intercepted some v2 rockets and thats about it.

V2 rockets are space ships that came in at hypersonic speeds. If you're thinking of V-1 rockets, then you're also thinking of the XIV Spitfire, in which +25lbs use is disputed. 

Meanwhile almost all Spitfire LF IXes would have entered the war at +25lbs because most were manufactured after +25lbs was brought into service.

• Like 3

Just now, Talon_ said:

V2 rockets are space ships that came in at hypersonic speeds. If you're thinking of V-1 rockets, then you're also thinking of the XIV Spitfire, in which +25lbs use is disputed. 

Meanwhile almost all Spitfire LF IXes would have entered the war at +25lbs because most were manufactured after +25lbs was brought into service.

Well i185 m71 were also manufactured i guess we need this in game ok then.

• Confused 3

I can’t wait to hear the Napier Sabre in-game, either the Tempest or Jug are next if what was said about data collection can be trusted.

7 minutes ago, Max_Damage said:

nevermind...already answered 

Edited by JohanLoton

1 minute ago, Max_Damage said:

Well i185 m71 were also manufactured i guess we need this in game ok then.

I don't think you understand.

All the Spitfire LF IXes (like the one we have in game) would have run on +25lbs boost after Summer 1944. Thousands of them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Max_Damage said:

Im sure that K4 will get similar treatment: 1.8 ata, ~580 kmh speed at deck.

If only we had sources showing the 2nd TAF on the continent was supplied with 150 octane fuel from Antwerp beginning on January 2, 1945.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Talon_ said:

Was about to reply that.

It's indeed the Griffon XIV that was limited to V-1 interception when boosted to +25 lbs...

Edited by Dr_Molem

IIRC didn't most units convert back to 130 octane after accidents with the 150?