Han

Game version 3.003 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte Early Access

Cool, after the update it said something with "unpacked data". Restarting game, nothing, restarting pc, nothing. now i am reinstalling game and i hope that it works for the screenshots of that 109.... just wanna play it!

Hello folks.

Couple of questions from a not so experienced Steam user.  I have bought Il-2 Stalingrad and other Il-2 stuff via Steam and just downloaded the latest update.

If I NOW buy Bodenplatte from Il-2 Store, are the new planes available for me in my updated Steam version?

Am I right supposing that when Bodenplatte appears on Steam it is usable. This is what was said in the store: " Pre-Order customers will have the option to receive a Steam key for this product after its release "

Just want to make sure that I don't make a $70 mistake, Steam parallel game universe still confuses me a bit...

BD

What boost does the Spit have??? 😨😫

Going to be Lovin me some Spit  Mk.IXe tonight. Nice update Gents!

S!Blade<><

I'm very impressed that you got the Gyro sight working so early into the early access, and I'm really happy it's an optional sight. 

2 down, 8 to go. BoBo is shapping up to be the best expansion so far.

Edited by Pupo
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

For those of us stuck at work (working very hard at the moment obvs) what about skins? Make my year & tell me there's an MH434 (I know the rudder ain't right but still...) for the IXe.....

7 minutes ago, Bosendorfer said:

Hello folks.

Couple of questions from a not so experienced Steam user.  I have bought Il-2 Stalingrad and other Il-2 stuff via Steam and just downloaded the latest update.

If I NOW buy Bodenplatte from Il-2 Store, are the new planes available for me in my updated Steam version?

Am I right supposing that when Bodenplatte appears on Steam it is usable. This is what was said in the store: " Pre-Order customers will have the option to receive a Steam key for this product after its release "

Just want to make sure that I don't make a $70 mistake, Steam parallel game universe still confuses me a bit...

BD

Login to the website using your login and password and buy Bodenplatte. When you run the game from Steam it will be right there with Spit and G-14.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sneaksie said:

Login to the website using your login and password and buy Bodenplatte. When you run the game from Steam it will be right there with Spit and G-14.

Great, thanks a heap!

1 minute ago, Lythronax said:

+18lbs

😶😶😶😶😶  Is this some kind of sick joke? 😞

• Haha 1

Just now, Bullets said:

😶😶😶😶😶  Is this some kind of sick joke? 😞

I could easily catch up to and outrun the G-14 below 3000m, when I performed a few practice flights earlier on. It's more than capable, but we may get the 150 octane as a mod when newer planes are introduced.

9 minutes ago, Bosendorfer said:

Hello folks.

BD

Hi Bosendorfer,

me too, I have bought Stalingrad and Moscow via Steam and then I bought Kuban and Bodenplatte (both Early Access) here in the store. Everything immediatelly got updated when I started Steam. So no risk for you and more important all of the money goes direct to the Dev Team. Have fun.

• Like 1

I sweaaaar someone posted docs proving 150 octane fuel was in use by the Spitfire squadrons during this time frame and location...  109 gets MW50 but spitfire doesn't get proper boost levels.. I see how it is 😞

• Upvote 3

Just exitedly opened up IL2, anxious to try the new Spit9. I don't have the new planes. Yes, I pre ordered Bodenplatte. I'be purchased BOS on Steam and BOM on this site. Please help. No one else seems to be having the same issue.

Absolutely stunning update! The G-14 is gorgeous!!!  Thanks!

Later I´ll try Spit and the Gyro sight.

I cant wait for the full release of BOBP.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Poochnboo said:

Just exitedly opened up IL2, anxious to try the new Spit9. I don't have the new planes. Yes, I pre ordered Bodenplatte. I'be purchased BOS on Steam and BOM on this site. Please help. No one else seems to be having the same issue.

Check your profile page on the IL-2 website to see if the key has been activated?

I suspect part of this is me not being overly familiar with the plane, but I did some attack runs on Ju52s in a Quickmission just now and the Spit's Hispanos seem a bit lackluster 😕

It took surprisingly long to down a Tante.

But by god the startup sound is divine.

Ad the Gyro sight is a dream.

Edited by wellenbrecher
  • Confused 1

What!? Spit IX!? Giro gunsight!?😳

Yeeeeeaaaahhhhhhhh!!!! :clapping:

It will be very hard to wait. Still 8 hours to leave work and go home to start downloading.

Many thanks devs. You people are the best!!!

1 hour ago, dburne said:

I look forward to giving the Spit IX a spin!

Use the rudder pedals to avoid or recover from this.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thing about this game is the ratio of nice surprises to nasty surprises has progressively improved out of all recognition.  Downloading now with my TiR hat on.... can hardly wait.

19 minutes ago, Bullets said:

I sweaaaar someone posted docs proving 150 octane fuel was in use by the Spitfire squadrons during this time frame and location...  109 gets MW50 but spitfire doesn't get proper boost levels.. I see how it is 😞

Damn German bias with this team as usual!

• Haha 10

25 minutes ago, Bullets said:

Yeah, that was me, and I would very much like to hear the reasoning behind this decision.

E: Also, the dev blog is plain wrong in regards to its claim that the G-14 was the last G-series 109 built. That distinction goes to the G-10.

The G-14 was a much needed yet ultimately fruitless attempt at reducing the number of variants based on the 109G airframe.

Edited by PainGod85
  • Upvote 2

What an awesome/unexpected surprise! I truly did not expect to see BoBp aircraft so soon after BoK final release!

And the fact that we get bells and whistles like the gyro gunsight so early in development is even more incredible!

The devs just keep raising the bar for this genre! Truly awesome work.

If only I wasn't stuck at work for 4.5 more hours...

Maybe they wanted to even the odds between the Spitfire and the G-14 a bit before more advanced planes come out? Right now they're both very capable of shooting eachother down and it seems like a good matchup. Alternatively maybe they want to get it right at 18lbs before they complicate the flight model further. It already has two engines and two wing types

Just now, =621=Samikatz said:

Maybe they wanted to even the odds between the Spitfire and the G-14 a bit before more advanced planes come out? Right now they're both very capable of shooting eachother down and it seems like a good matchup. Alternatively maybe they want to get it right at 18lbs before they complicate the flight model further. It already has two engines and two wing types

Only, except for sustained turn rate, the 109 is now better in every regard compared to the Spit IX.

• Upvote 1

I'm excited to see the update but the Spitfire is a plane out of time at 1943 settings. Needs +25lbs to be a real life LF IX. The RAF did get access to this fuel on the Continent unlike the USAF so the plane should be represented as such.

EDIT: I also have a suspicion that the 109 currently outclimbs the Spitfire. The climb times given on the stat cards are at combat power for the 109 and international power for the Spitfire, but the 109 benefits heavily from Emergency power while the Spitfire benefits much less from WEP.

Edited by Talon_
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Lythronax said:

I could easily catch up to and outrun the G-14 below 3000m, when I performed a few practice flights earlier on. It's more than capable, but we may get the 150 octane as a mod when newer planes are introduced.

Don't know how you did that.... at combat power and 100% the G14 is faster on the deck. 

• Upvote 1

Extremely nice screenies of two of the upcoming planes, really very attractive.

Nice juicy video as well, really nice thumping cannon sound :good:

Oh, and what was it again, can the Bodenplatte planes also be flown in the BoS series, I forgot

Edited by Roast

I'd be very interested to know exactly what the Spit in the screenshot sis actually firing his rockets at... :P

42 minutes ago, dadaphil said:

Hi Bosendorfer,

me too, I have bought Stalingrad and Moscow via Steam and then I bought Kuban and Bodenplatte (both Early Access) here in the store. Everything immediatelly got updated when I started Steam. So no risk for you and more important all of the money goes direct to the Dev Team. Have fun.

Thanks! I just bought the Boden and everything seems to be hunky-dory :)

1 minute ago, Diggun said:

I'd be very interested to know exactly what the Spit in the screenshot sis actually firing his rockets at... :P

The Hun! :)

• Like 1

oh oh i hope my settings wont reset with this patch 😄 

Didnt expect two planes allready out by now i hoped for more american planes but they will come out all eventualy anyway :3 

5 minutes ago, wolf74-ITA said:

is it possible to use the two new airplanes in the dynamic campaigns of bos and bom?

NO 🙂