Jump to content
Han

Game version 3.003 discussion: Battle of Bodenplatte Early Access

Recommended Posts

31 minutes ago, ace_2012 said:

Excuse me, I bought IL2 BoS and BoM through Steam. Can I pe-order This brand new add? I mean, of course I can, but can I merge it with my steam Version? Thanks

Hi,

 

I first bought BOS through Steam, but all the rest directly from their shop, so they have my full cash and no fee to spend. And it works flawlessly. Just for heaven's sake

do not mess around with different accounts or you will be in trouble like some other "smart" guys.

 

So, just keep the same account (email address and PW) and the world is fine. After you buy something in their shop, it will be automatically available in your steam

installation.

 

Cheerio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ace_2012 said:

Excuse me, I bought IL2 BoS and BoM through Steam. Can I pe-order This brand new add? I mean, of course I can, but can I merge it with my steam Version? Thanks

Yup. Its all done automatically (as in all available the content is there already just waiting for a product key to unlock it)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks,  EAF_T_Therion

and thanks, BOO

 

Of course I don't want to have two accounts, not at all. It's just that I really want to fly Bodenplatte, and I cannot see it on Steam. So here my question, if I preorder it, could I fly it on Steam?

 

To me was weird seeing this new content here and not on Steam. If you are stating (as I understand, please correct me if not) that it's perfecly possible buying and playing Bodenplatte AND my Steam versions of BoS and BoM (in a merged install, I guess), I will pre order it immediately. Of course, in the future, i will boy everything here. Developers deserve all the benefits of their work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ace_2012 said:

To me was weird seeing this new content here and not on Steam. If you are stating (as I understand, please correct me if not) that it's perfecly possible buying and playing Bodenplatte AND my Steam versions of BoS and BoM (in a merged install, I guess), I will pre order it immediately. Of course, in the future, i will boy everything here. Developers deserve all the benefits of their work.

 

I don't think you will see BOK, BOBP etc. on Steam in the near future. Just go and buy the things you want in the IL2-Sturmovik shop (official site here) and everything is fine.

As Boo already mentioned, with the purchase of BOS you have already all the other items (virtually), but they are locked for you. But when you buy things you will get access

to it. So forget about merged installs or accounts. Just keep it as is. And by the way, although I'm not a huge fan of Steam, there is a small advantage: You will have much less

issues when there is an update. It seems that (at least some reported here) updating via launcher is not always working spot on, whereas via Steam I never had any trouble nor

did I hear about it.

 

So, just relax, have a seat and a cold beer.

 

Cheerio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ace_2012 said:

Thanks,  EAF_T_Therion

and thanks, BOO

 

Of course I don't want to have two accounts, not at all. It's just that I really want to fly Bodenplatte, and I cannot see it on Steam. So here my question, if I preorder it, could I fly it on Steam?

 

To me was weird seeing this new content here and not on Steam. If you are stating (as I understand, please correct me if not) that it's perfecly possible buying and playing Bodenplatte AND my Steam versions of BoS and BoM (in a merged install, I guess), I will pre order it immediately. Of course, in the future, i will boy everything here. Developers deserve all the benefits of their work.

I have BoS & M on Steam, everything else I bought here when I read that that they get more money that way.

Since you have to activate any DLC you buy on Steam in your profile page anyway, the only difference is that you leave out Steam as intermediary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ace_2012 said:

Thanks,  EAF_T_Therion

and thanks, BOO

 

Of course I don't want to have two accounts, not at all. It's just that I really want to fly Bodenplatte, and I cannot see it on Steam. So here my question, if I preorder it, could I fly it on Steam?

 

To me was weird seeing this new content here and not on Steam. If you are stating (as I understand, please correct me if not) that it's perfecly possible buying and playing Bodenplatte AND my Steam versions of BoS and BoM (in a merged install, I guess), I will pre order it immediately. Of course, in the future, i will boy everything here. Developers deserve all the benefits of their work.

Right now none of the new stuff (BoK or BoBP) is on Steam because of some kind of new requirements that Valve has put in place, I'm not sure what they are. The Devs are currently jumping through the hoops to get stuff onto Steam but it sounds like it will take a while as they are busy. BoK and BoBP will eventually get onto Steam but right now if you have to quench your Spitfire or G-14 thirst your best bet is to pre-order off the main site.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks to all of you, that's good news to me. I dunno why, I supposed there was some kind of incompatibility between steam and this platform (like in DCS). So that's perfect. I will go buying it in a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it weren't for having to have it for Steam VR to use my Rift, I would have nothing Steam on my system whatsoever.

Never cared for it.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got it. Fantastic planes. I'm really looking forard to flying on the Ardennes, I hope It will be as good as than Jane's WWII Fighters (I mean, my memories of it). It'll be difficult, I spent hours and hours on that simulator, my favourite at that time in spite of the lack of realism on the planes (radiators, pitch, mixture...). Thanks to all of you for your help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has there been any word from the devs on whether 25lb boost is going to be implemented ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guy

18 hours ago, EAF_T_Therion said:

Hi,

 

I first bought BOS through Steam, but all the rest directly from their shop, so they have my full cash and no fee to spend.

 

 

Hi

 

I own all expansions and many collector planes.

Half are from Steam and other half from sturmovik page.

 

I have not tested but does all Steam stuff also work if you dont use Steam at all.

I mean downloading the game from main page.

 

Most likely i know the answer and its yes but can you confirm that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Godspeed said:

Hey guy

 

 

Hi

 

I own all expansions and many collector planes.

Half are from Steam and other half from sturmovik page.

 

I have not tested but does all Steam stuff also work if you dont use Steam at all.

I mean downloading the game from main page.

 

Most likely i know the answer and its yes but can you confirm that?

if you used the same email account on the IL2 site to register both lots then yes. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BOO said:

if you used the same email account on the IL2 site to register both lots then yes. 

 

I thought so, thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bullets said:

Has there been any word from the devs on whether 25lb boost is going to be implemented ??

Not at this time but probably later at some point. If I were hedging bets I'd say when the K4 comes online it would make sense, from a playability standpoint, to bump the Spit up to 25lbs but that is purely an opinion and nothing more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Not at this time but probably later at some point. If I were hedging bets I'd say when the K4 comes online it would make sense, from a playability standpoint, to bump the Spit up to 25lbs but that is purely an opinion and nothing more.

Hopefully. Boost settings are going to be an important factor for all the aircraft, hope we get the higher boost settings for the Spit and hope we get the higher ratings for the P-51 and P-47 as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Bullets said:

Has there been any word from the devs on whether 25lb boost is going to be implemented ??

There is a difference between raising a valid point and spamming the forums with the god damn boost. Let's tone it down.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Godspeed said:

Hey guy

 

 

Hi

 

I own all expansions and many collector planes.

Half are from Steam and other half from sturmovik page.

 

I have not tested but does all Steam stuff also work if you dont use Steam at all.

I mean downloading the game from main page.

 

Most likely i know the answer and its yes but can you confirm that?

I have purchased all the  modules and planes directly from the IL2 website and have had absolutely no problems with any of them. I see no gain or purpose in going through any second party to buy the simulations I desire. Besides, Steam gets there cut of the purchase price and thereby reduces the income for the games developers. I'd rather it all go to them.

Edited by Thad
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

There is a difference between raising a valid point and spamming the forums with the god damn boost. Let's tone it down.

 

“Spamming” implies nonsense however this decision sets precedence that they have chose not to allow the allied side on BoOP to have access to 150 octane fuel, this will affect the boost levels and performance on every other aircraft (from BoOP) on the allies side... If the G14 didn’t have its MW50 can you imagine the “spamming” that would happen? 😕

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing this team has proven time and again is their ability to break precedence. I think it’s safe to expect 25lbs down the road. Patience young Padawan, patience.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Bullets said:

 

“Spamming” implies nonsense however this decision sets precedence that they have chose not to allow the allied side on BoOP to have access to 150 octane fuel, this will affect the boost levels and performance on every other aircraft (from BoOP) on the allies side... If the G14 didn’t have its MW50 can you imagine the “spamming” that would happen? 😕

 

Err... probably a little outbreak of pandemonium.   :yahoo:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bullets said:

 

“Spamming” implies nonsense however this decision sets precedence that they have chose not to allow the allied side on BoOP to have access to 150 octane fuel, this will affect the boost levels and performance on every other aircraft (from BoOP) on the allies side... If the G14 didn’t have its MW50 can you imagine the “spamming” that would happen? 😕

This is not snapchat, you posts don't disappear. Im 99% sure the devs have read them, as they do when they release a new patch.

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

This is not snapchat, you posts don't disappear. Im 99% sure the devs have read them, as they do when they release a new patch.

 

Not sure if you have woke up on the wrong side of the bed pal.. All I originally asked was have the devs made any comment on the situation. 😐 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bullets said:

 

Not sure if you have woke up on the wrong side of the bed pal.. All I originally asked was have the devs made any comment on the situation. 😐 

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

 

That's what you sounded like. I agree that asking once, then actually waiting for an answer like an adult is the best action to take. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Warpig said:

Are we there yet? Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

 

That's what you sounded like. I agree that asking once, then actually waiting for an answer like an adult is the best action to take. 

 

I was afraid I had missed the answer and thought people would kindly notify me if so... did not expect this disappointing response from you and jade but whatever 😐

Edited by Bullets
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Bullets said:

 

I was afraid I had missed the answer and thought people would kindly notify me if so... did not expect this disappointing response from you and jade but whatever 😐

You guys provided plenty of materials for the devs to review. I have faith they'll make the right decision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yippee! More ways to blow my engine up quicker. Please don't make me wait too long.

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2018 at 10:26 PM, Bullets said:

If the G14 didn’t have its MW50 can you imagine the “spamming” that would happen?

The major difference between the Bf109G-6 and the G-14 was the MW50, so the analogy to not having MW50 on this one would have been to model the Spitfire IX with the Merlin 45 engine of the V. The analogy to not having 25lb boost for the Spitfire is more like not having an AS engine for the G-14. Oh, wait...

 

All in all I'm happy with what we've got, more options of course are better, but if we only get to have one boost modelled, I think it's better to have 18lb.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The G-6 could get MW-50, ours doesn't because it was intended to represent a 1943 model. The G-14 was meant to be a standardisation of all the upgrades the G-6 picked up along its development (but then Germany made a bunch of different G-14s because Germany)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally prefer the WD-40 type, as it seemed to get the job done right.  Water displacement properties then further development into the jet age with WD-60..

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Developers, thank you so much for your magnificent work! The quality of your planes, and the price/quality ratio, are in my view outstanding. Of course accuracy is not 100%, of course there are bits and pieces that can be improved, and some should be improved. But, at least for me, it is the general feeling of ‘being there’ that is most important, and that feeling is there in abundance. Small imperfections need not distract from the overall experience. That is not just me; in an interview a Luftwaffe pilot was asked whether he had flown the Bf-109 G-10 or K-4 at the end of the war. He could not remember, it did not matter to him even at the time for he just flew that he was given. I made two flights in a P-51 Mustang, and I really did not care that the cockpit was not of WWII standard (I wonder where there was a standard; there may well have been numerous small differences between individual planes). What I want to say, I think, is that I find some comments in this thread too harsh, even if they may be factually correct. So I would like to say to the developers: once more thank you for all your hard work, and don’t let criticism discourage you. I’m sure you have a lot of satisfied and loyal customers and I am looking forward to new updates of BoB.

I cannot resist to ask: what is the state of affairs on Flying Circus? There was nothing about it in recent updates, as far as I remember.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

I agree with Stickshaker in that some of the comments do appear a bit harsh; however, we shouldn’t let small items of technical/historical accuracy detract from a wonderful job the developers are doing in a effort to provide one of the most accurate WW II flight simulators around.  KUDOS to the entire team!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the video on the new spit gyro gunsight...so how do you adjust it? Key binding?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, onlyforbrian said:

Just watched the video on the new spit gyro gunsight...so how do you adjust it? Key binding?

Yes - 3 items in the Weapons section of the keybindings in settings.  Range, horizontal adjustment and MODE

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to mod the game so I can play the new planes (Spitfire 9e and the BF109 G-14) in the original campaigns, but not just in the quick missions?

 

Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, AdmiralAwesome said:

Is there a way to mod the game so I can play the new planes (Spitfire 9e and the BF109 G-14) in the original campaigns, but not just in the quick missions?

 

Thank you

At this time I do not believe you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, AdmiralAwesome said:

Is there a way to mod the game so I can play the new planes (Spitfire 9e and the BF109 G-14) in the original campaigns, but not just in the quick missions?

 

Thank you

But you can of course fly them in MP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AdmiralAwesome said:

Is there a way to mod the game so I can play the new planes (Spitfire 9e and the BF109 G-14) in the original campaigns, but not just in the quick missions?

 

No

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just like the other releases BoS, BoM, Bok... I think once they release and merge BoB (Bodenplatte) you'll be able to. Just a guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Check in to see the updated gold bars!🤩  Wondering how many more preorder it can be filling in or just keep the post frame going longer and longer....🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have all the BoS maps and wondering: should I pre-order just for the new Spit and the G14? From what I have read so far, it may be a year or more until we see BoBp. Anyone think sooner? At my age (86), I don't buy green bananas!
BadBud

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...