Sauerkraut-

Grease for Lubrication?

I've had my Thrustmaster TFRP (T.Flight Rudder Pedals) for a few months, and just received my T16000 FCS HOTAS today.

My pedals are starting to feel a bit sticky and stickiness is a known issue for the T16k if you don't maintain it. Since I'm pretty new to sims and HOTAS systems, I was wondering what type of grease/lubricant people use to keep their setup nice and smooth?

Do NOT use any type of white lithium grease on any of Thrustmasters Smart rail equipped products, you will get awful sticking. I had to completely take everyhing apart and clean it and put some proper thick silicon grease on the rails for it to work right again. The thin stuff just falls off the rails and bonds together far too much to make it of any use, the Nyogel mentioned would be my choice. I had some good silicon grease though and it worked well.

Edited by grimm862
  • Upvote 1

Salutation,

Does the silicone grease collect or attract dust, dirt or pet hair over time? 😐

Silicone grease (not the spray) is what the factory uses. You can get it in either the plumbing or electrical section of your local hardware store. A $5 tub of it will last 15 lifetimes. The reason for using silicone grease is it is dielectric and non-reactive with plastic/rubber/metal. I grease my X-55 about once every 6-12 months, depending on use. Keeps things nice and smooth. Don't use too much though, a thin coat is all you want. If you use too much, it will be sticky where the grease piles up. Given it's waterproof, you'll want alcohol swaps to clean up any excess/spills. Also be sure to clean the parts before applying it. Having grit mixed in with the grease is counter productive.

• Upvote 1

Super Lube, but in spite of the rainbow it is not for internal use:)

Super Lube.jpg

Oh, and BTW silicone spray (not the grease) will prolong the life on any rubber or soft plastic tremendously. 

Edited by Kandiru
  • Haha 2

On 8/15/2018 at 3:40 PM, Jade_Monkey said:

I tried some teflon lubricant someone suggested a long time ago.

I do NOT recommend it.

Bummer ! I just bought a teflon spray can from a shiplander. 

How can it go wrong with teflon ?

3 hours ago, ShugNinx said:

Bummer ! I just bought a teflon spray can from a shiplander. 

How can it go wrong with teflon ?

Initially works but it dries up and creates some buildup after a while.

Video showing the effect of Nyogel in T.16000M gimbal, and the desirable damper effect.