Some people thinks that the game only need "intel ,high cingle core CPU" to run the game smooth with high fps with no slow downs in carrer...,thats wrong. I run the game with the new r5 2600 ,gtx 1060 6 GB , 8gb ram and a Asus 144mhz screen. My fps is between 70-140 fps, 1080, high, ultra shadows ect.... 

I don't know the discussion that you're referring to. However, most of the talk about CPUs has been related to VR, where the requirements are different. 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

13 minutes ago, Mitthrawnuruodo said:

I don't know the discussion that you're referring to. However, most of the talk about CPUs has been related to VR, where the requirements are different. 

To further qualify, it is in relation to VR in IL2 BOX, not VR in general.

Having said that my Ryzen 2700X is running BoX in VR perfectly well for me.

The Ryzen 5 1600X + RX 480 8GB I had previously were fantastic for BoX at 1440p. My average FPS on absolute max detail was somewhere around 90 fps with minimums well above 60 fps. But then I bought an Oculus Rift. VR requires rendering two perspectives instead of 1 (nearly doubles CPU load for any given frame rate in BoX) and runs at 90 Hz instead of 60 Hz. End result is the realistic VR system requirements are around 250% higher than they are for a normal 60 Hz monitor. The Ryzen chips would meet that demand with tons left over for other stuff in the background if BoX used more than 1 CPU thread for graphics rendering. Unfortunately it doesn't, and so how capable the CPU is overall is basically irrelevant. The only thing that matters is how fast a single core is. Hence we have 8700k owners delidding CPU's, using fancy water cooling loops and overclocking the snot out of them just to get less than ideal frame rates.

• Upvote 1

S!

I am interested to see how BoX runs on my new rig using all AMD components. See signature for more.

On 5/24/2018 at 9:32 AM, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

I am interested to see how BoX runs on my new rig using all AMD components. See signature for more.

It should run very well. I have a similar rig (the new Ryzen 2700X also) and I`m getting anything from 80 to 120 fps regularly. I think the only thing limiting factor is my  graphics card.

Comparing the numbers to a high end I7 it is slower, but in actual play it certainly doesn`t feel like it. Very smooth.

• Upvote 1

On 5/24/2018 at 9:32 AM, LLv34_Flanker said:

S!

I have an almost identical rig and am running BoX perfectly smooth at 4K 60Hz.  I use Ultra graphics with HDR and SSAO off and grass at normal.

The same rig and settings in VR gives me 45FPS with ASW on in my Samsung Odyssey HMD.

As stated the i7 8700K intel may be faster in single core for unoptimised games but the 2700X is not far behind and excels where core count matters.

Edited by ICDP
  • Upvote 1

S!

Thanks Seafire and ICDP for the information! I will be running the game at 2560x1080, it is a wide screen. Testing first at 120Hz, can go up to 200Hz if needed :) Updating BoX as we speak, finally got the hardware assembled.. 

Edited by LLv34_Flanker
typos

Good luck flanker.  It will be worth getting that RAM up to 3400 MHz if it will go.  Also set Power Enhancement to level 2, if it can be kept below 60c it should boost to 4.1GHz multi core and 4.35 single.

S!

ICDP. Need to look into those settings. So far I have only undervolted the Vega a bit, seems you get more with less 😄 Otherwise the setup runs ANY game extremely well, no problems so far.

I have I5 4600 + GTX 1060 6gb and 16 gb ram ( DDR3 ) and I want to change to   Ryzen 2600 and 32gb (DDR4 ) ram and keeping the GTX 1060 6gb will be good??

24 minutes ago, -FH-Keko_ said:

I have I5 4600 + GTX 1060 6gb and 16 gb ram ( DDR3 ) and I want to change to   Ryzen 2600 and 32gb (DDR4 ) ram and keeping the GTX 1060 6gb will be good??

It depends on your reasons for wanting an upgrade. Is your GPU hitting 100% utilization? If it is, those changes won't help at all until you get a stronger graphics card.

Assuming you mean i5-4460, the Ryzen 5 2600 will offer a small improvement in the type of performance that matters for Il-2.

32 GB of RAM is completely unnecessary for Il-2. 16 GB is already more than enough.