Hello,

I am having trouble with saving the setup for my controllers. I have just purchased a Virpil joystick. I am also using ch products throttle and pedals. I set my buttons up and things do well. The next time I get into the game about half my bindings will not function. They are still present in the mapping interface but will not operate. Any suggestions?

I have CH product throttle and rudder pedals. I'm using a virpil joystick. It seems to be the throttle and joystick But mostly the Virpil joystick, I see the bindings are still there in the game interface but do not work after I log out of the game in back on.

22 minutes ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

I have CH product throttle and rudder pedals. I'm using a virpil joystick. It seems to be the throttle and joystick But mostly the Virpil joystick, I see the bindings are still there in the game interface but do not work after I log out of the game in back on.

Ok so the bindings on the Virpil stick work, then you exit out the game and then after going back in they do not work, but still show assigned properly?

What do you have the stick plugged into, a usb port on the back of your computer or a usb hub? If hub, is it a powered hub?

Are you using any software for the CH stick?

Do you have any other usb devices plugged in?

Fwiw, I have the Virpil stick and Warthog throttle and my settings stay as assigned and work every time, so something likely a little amiss in your setup maybe.

Edited by dburne

I do have my controllers plugged into a powered USB hub. I was using CH product software but stop using it when I got the Virpil joystick just a couple days ago. I am also using Oculus VR and 3 sensors so I am limited on USB resources. Do you think I should get a designated USB card?

6 minutes ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

I do have my controllers plugged into a powered USB hub. I was using CH product software but stop using it when I got the Virpil joystick just a couple days ago. I am also using Oculus VR and 3 sensors so I am limited on USB resources. Do you think I should get a designated USB card?

Are you plugged into USB 2 ports?

Do you have Oculus and sensors plugged into USB 3 ports?

Oculus recommends 2 sensors on USB3 ports and 1 on a USB2 port. The USB hub that my controllers are in is in a USB3 port, but I don't know if the hub supports USB3 

Have you got a couple of free USB 2 ports you can plug the Virpil and CH into?

I have seen plugging USB 2 controllers in USB 3 ports cause issue.

Edited by dburne

I think so. I can get one freed up by unplugging the hub, and I have a USB3 not being used right now. Is there a problem with using USB3 ports for the controllers?

6 minutes ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

I think so. I can get one freed up by unplugging the hub, and I have a USB3 not being used right now. Is there a problem with using USB3 ports for the controllers?

That can certainly be a little problematic at times. By getting them plugged into USB 2 ports, at least would rule that out if it still does not work properly.

Best to get them plugged into USB 2 ports. If you are short on ports, can get a powered USB 2.0 Hub. I have been using one for years.

3 minutes ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

OK, my hub is a USB2 hub but I had it plugged into a USB3 port. You don't think the hub is a problem then?

No, get it plugged into a USB 2 port. Is it a powered hub?

Ok, I will plug it into a USB2 port, and it is powered. I was used to using Ch Control Manager and it was easy. I could save different profiles for different games and aircraft. The Virpil Mongoose doesn't interface with it. I don't want to get too carried away setting this up, as I have a Virpil throttle and crosswind pedals pre-ordered.

Then I get to start over:wacko: 

I asked earlier today about 3rd party software. Something like "Joy to key" 

For me I find it best just to assign the controls directly in the game, rather than through software. 

Virpil software will eventually have that ability as well, probably around time the throttle gets into consumer hands.

At least they have stated that as a goal in the past.

Edited by dburne
  • Upvote 1

Thank you for your help. I am doing what you suggested right now.  I noticed you have the Crosswind pedals do you like them? They say the first part of June they will be available.

Joy to key is necessary if you want to bind two key different key strokes to a button on your throttle or joystick. I have it just for VR Zoom which requires Alt and right arrow. IL2 control settings only allow one input per function.

32 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

Joy to key is necessary if you want to bind two key different key strokes to a button on your throttle or joystick. I have it just for VR Zoom which requires Alt and right arrow. IL2 control settings only allow one input per function.

Agree but that is not related to his current issue of his keybindings not sticking.

You can assign VR zoom to a button press directly in the game, no need for third party software at least for that.

39 minutes ago, tkcamp56tkcamp said:

Thank you for your help. I am doing what you suggested right now.  I noticed you have the Crosswind pedals do you like them? They say the first part of June they will be available.

You are welcome I hope it helps.

Oh yes, have had my Crosswinds since Dec 2015 and absolutely love them to this day, could not fly without them!

They are superb pedals.

Edited by dburne

59 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

Joy2key (or SVMapper) don't work well with BoS key combos (e.g. ALt+A) because is need pause between key press and Joy2Key don't has this feature.

Instead use Joystick Gremlin or XPadder.

The issue with (game) controllers changing ID is Windows thing, try with DevReorder.

Edited by Sokol1

On 5/22/2018 at 6:59 PM, Sokol1 said:

The issue with (game) controllers changing ID is Windows thing, try with DevReorder.

And if you use TrackIR, make sure first to copy the original c:\windows\sysWOW64\dinput8.dll to the folder where TrackIR is installed if you want to substitute the original dlls for the devreorder ones (to apply the change to the whole system). If you don't, TrackIR will fail.