CraigNT55

Proper Trak IR Settings?

Hello Everyone,

I've been using Trak IR ever since the beginning with BOS/BOM/BOK.  And ever since the start I've never been able to view the down and to the side views (lower right and lower left) in the cockpit correctly.  When I calibrate the view in the Trak IR software (which has the latest upgrades) I'm able to see smoothly all around in 6 DOF...but when I get into the cockpit in BOS, it shutters and hangs-up until I view forward.  Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers!

- Craig

I'd wager your sensor is too high to track the clip as I had the same symptoms before I did some serious testing with the height/angle set-up.

For me, sitting in a low couch, the sensor is in the top of my screen at height 133cm / 52.4in  looking slightly downwards and my cap with the clip is at height 103cm /40.5in when sitting in the couch.

EDIT: Forgot the distance, 133cm / 52.4in from the sensor to the clip, too.

Edited by Horna

Thanks Zippy and Horna!  I'll apply your suggestions tonight!

Cheers!

- CraigNT

One tip for you CraigNt55. The smaller you make the movement of your head the better. It takes a while to get use to and for your muscle memory to really lock it in the finite movement, but it is much better for functionality. I now where glasses when I fly so I have really have tighten down my head movement so as not to get my sight through my glasses distorted. If you want, I will share my profile.

S!Blade<><

Hi S!Blade,

Thanks for the tips!  And yes, I would definitely like to use your profile if you are willing to share.

Cheers!

- CraigNT

Also I think having force feedback on in the game settings can screw with some people’s track ir for some reason. Try switching that off see if it helps.