Paul-Jahn

For everyone missing the "instrument panel view" from IL-2 COD

Today while messing about with the snap views for the pilots head camera, i stumbled apon one that said "custom" or something, and voila! it acts just like that view from COD.  

So you can have your head backwars, with trackIR evebn, and with one button, you can check your temperatures ect. And letting go gets you right back to where you where!

• Upvote 1

All explained on page 40 of the manual...

• Thanks 1

well that is great for the people who read over 40 pages of the manual, but most won't.

And even if only one of 100, find this out because of this post, it was worth while for me.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Paul-Jahn said:

well that is great for the people who read over 40 pages of the manual, but most won't.

And even if only one of 100, find this out because of this post, it was worth while for me.

don't think it was a dig - just some additional info

I used to use this to look at the top instruments on the I-16 which are hidden unless you are able to shrink 6 inches :-)   I don't use that any more as I found out how to move my view down when I look down.      I think I am correct in saying that you can program several custom views on different buttons  ie 6 view, I-16 panel,  Yak wing fuel gauges etc. but cannot use NP5 as a button.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

I think I am correct in saying that you can program several custom views on different buttons  ie 6 view, I-16 panel,  Yak wing fuel gauges etc. but cannot use NP5 as a button.

Actually the game have shorcuts mapped for all corners of cockpit or instruments in engine nacelle... including in navigator cockpit (e.g. see RPK-10 in Pe-2) is the 

Numpad key ',' plus Numpad keys '#', (e.g.:  ,8 = gunsight view zoomed).

For remap Numpad 5 is need un-map a given command first:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/36157-numpad-5-centering-camerapilot-head/?do=findComment&comment=609948

Manual? What manual?

I always forget to look in the game folder. Had to reinstall and just stuck on how to get that snap view to the cockpit gauges, essential in the I16.