II./JG77_motoadve

Vive pro ,toughts after some use.

I doubt the 1180ti will be released this year, or even announced ūüėē

With Nvidia, there is usually a waiting period of ~10 months between the release of a new gen (speculated to be this july) and the "ti" card.

Posted (edited)

Thank you very very very much ! you save of inappropriate PC for the HTC VIVE PRO VR helmet for IL2 & DCS . Thanks .

I have 2 old TITAN X . I will compare specifications with 1080 TI or XP for results compare  evaluation , but I will not buy ; I will still be waiting may be after summer or Black Friday for the release of the new generation  nvidias volta gtx 1180 TI ..... Or nvidia TITAN BLACK II .

I have read Internet may be in 2019 preparing  new future chip of intel like the 9700K and AMD will release a chip that overclock the 5 GHz ; but also Intel have usually  reputation of better quality core components prepared for longer life stress duration when overclocking .

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)

I have bought the new PC tested and the problem persist as the same , but I need another Pc for this summer for vacation for the beach with my son that is practicing with me in Il2 and DCS . I will call the informatic to evaluate other technical posible failure reason   , I will cheq  if it is the Internet I have fiber optic of 300 Mbits/sec and ping is 15 ms   But my iPad lost suddenly desconections soI will try  to cheq the router to call company Movistar or the 2.old nvidia Titan X only is missing to cheq this , or a cut circuit with hotas cables and the  sim better option to choose wood for structures than metal ; by the way ,  right now I am not using sli , I read is better only just to use one single graphic card .?

Could the VR HTC VIVE and PRO be affected by the labels and make the desconections ? in the ded Multiplayer server ? That icons that indicates the positions and distance relatives to other planes and you ' the labels ' , there is and option to disconnect the labels  I will try if it solves suddenly disconnections . Or in Expert Multiplayer.without labels .

These kind of desconections happens more usually as when there are more players online !. After the VR HTC VIVE PRO We do not want to return HTC VIVE neither never more to the monitor , the HTC VIVE PRO is fabulous only for multiplayer DED usually suddenly  desconections . If not ? I we will have to resignation without Multiplayer , to single player to the DCS F/A18 C with the CVN 78 but I do not take out of my head my VR HTC VIVE PRO never until The Pimax 5k , 8K  meanwhile   ! It Is a fabulous experience ! .

3 answer more : 

1 better one graphic card than 2 in sli for Il2 . ?

2 And if it better to take out the Labels , without in ded server Multiplayer  for for better functionality of VR (will try) .?

3 If , Another players online that with the HTC VIVE PRO has suddenly desconections every hour in the ded server Multiplayer with the labels .? 

Just to know, please . Thanks 

Edited by RAY-EU

I presume the worst , Sim . Thats the why I wanted to know any answers. Meanwhile  For the optimal use of HTC VIVE PRO : (may be path will fix ) . 

1st step will be change all sistems , to avoid any error technical circuit today pedals and Hotas warthog are all new I have stock in new reserve and will be every device totally aisled from the main simulator structure so by this way , to aisle any possible metal contact by this way , replacing new hotas Warthog newcjoystick and new throttle will be improved with nailon nails , so the metallic original nails will be replaced for identical nailon nails without any conductivity and also the bases of the joystick and throttle will be replaced for same measures graphite bases without any aisle and avoid any contact conductivity that could cut circuit with sim structure also the same will be tested rudder pedals .

If not I will do the Single player DCS F/A18C with the CVN 78 .

At last  will be missing:

2nd new graphic Titan XP single and or 2 with Sli .

3rd finally new router modem and company test Internet connection correct company Movistar fibra Optica results . 

And all components will be new and  like Pc tested  !.?

As someone mentioned before, having the screen freeze on one frame while the sound continues is an indication of the Video Card acting up I believe.

I had this when I tried overclocking my GPU in the past. Removing the OC resolved the problem.

So I would start with trying with a different GPU if you have the chance to try.

Posted (edited)

Next week I will overclock with the informatic and carefully the microchip Intel i7 8700 K at 4,70 GhZ and I will get 2 new nvidias Titan Xp for Sli . Waiting for maximum performance PC results in optimum conditions.

I would wnated to know if there are Multiplayers with the HTC VIVE PRO with same troubles , desconections every hour , or that their HTC VIVE PRO is working without any desconection for more than 2 hours in Multiplayer.?! 

Desconections in Multiplayer persist every hour in different escenarios like ' wings of victory ' . No labels.

For the HTC VIVE PRO : ( after summer , return vacation, path I hope updates will make work this device correctly) 

Very important also is to establish optimal conditions for all and particularly this device is the climate in the closed simulation room of 18¬įc of temperature equivalent a 64,4¬įF . Meanwhile I am fascinated with DCS F/A 18 C capabilities , in singel missions ,¬†in the CVN 78 where¬†you could visit virtually all the carrier .

Meanwhile HTC VIVE PRO nowadays is the technical limit challenge .  Pimax 8 K , this device I saw after 2020 Tokyo Olimpics for launch release 8K technology .

Edited by RAY-EU

Pretty sure SLi is not supported in VR? would be an expense to by an extra Titan and find it is of no use...? 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much ! Dakpilot . 2nd . - May be in a desperate situation to make posible With HTC VIVE PRO to Multiplayer in IL2 And option should be¬†after summer to buy the Nvidia TITAN V for 3.000‚ā¨ - No Sli . As the graphic card is very important.

Meanwhile In DCS F/A18C in CVN 78 single player training missions with son enjoying so much ! 

But we want return here IL2 BOB in Multiplayer ! If technology is working right . More than 2 hours without desconections in every situation . Thanks again !

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)

We have optimize all the functions of the new Pc 8700 k with the informatic estable overkloking from 4,40 Ghz till 4,70 Ghz in turbo frequency continued . I prefer do not want to risk the intel i7 8700k going up 4,70Ghzs like 4,90Ghz turbo frequency Overclocket I presume will be more appropriate for the next generation of chips intel 9700K , not for that .  We have been configuration for 4 hours the base motherboard , normally in most of the shops when they sold the Pc do not do that they do not install all the driver correctly of the mother board and you can increase the performance  of you Pc at 130% Overclocket Ram , Optimice Ram to increase the performance of the memory SSD M2 to run very fast , this new Pc has a extraordinary Bios system very agile to over perform and overclocking as many ways the mother board socket 1151 is very dinamic and modern  gaming options ...

Well And the most important thing ! : I have recently considered before the arrival of the informàtic where that the stations of the HTC VIVE and The HTC VIVE PRO the base stations where opsolett and may be this is the reason of fail because they need update and are very difficult to update , we have been 2 hours to update one of the 2 base stations of the HTC VIVE that if will work as for the HTC VIVE and HTC VIVE PRO how are very difficult , complex  and complicated to update thats one of the reasons of the success of the Oculus rift 2 that everthing updates easyly .

To update Base stations of the HTC VIVE and VIVE PRO that are the same base satiations : 

1st . Go to steam icon : opton update firware and will appear both base saltations that need update .

2nd Stations b and c will change the names respectively invert to c and b once you will update .

3rd one by one individually not at the same time update every station .

4th run update firmware of one station disconnecting the electricity and connecting the microusb to the base station and also to the usb port  of the Pc meanwhile you press the button of every base station them you connect the electricity of that base station and the base station will run the update in 3 minutes till indicates finish update .

So I have update only one of the 2 base saltations and I will update the second base station if every go well this weekend .

To be continued ! .

I hope will all Pc , base station firmwares  updated of the HTC VIVE PRO working correctly testing whitout Multiplayer disconnections for the release of the FW 190 A8 in July just before holidays in August in EEUU where I will get , buy one VR Samsung Odyssey because in Europe is not already released!? .

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2018 at 6:01 AM, RAY-EU said:

I recently was having crashing issues, even in single player, where the game continued without me, no visuals and I could only hear the audio. I randomly turned 4K Textures on and have not had a crash in the last 3 or 4 games I've played. I haven't tested this with multiplayer, yet.

Edited by scrapmetal

Posted (edited)

Yes Thanks , the screen of the monitor appears the image like a photo Whitout any movement meanwhile you hear the noise of the plane running in the headphones of the VR and the screen of the VR appears the Il2 logo with the thinking transition process. 

I will test new PC next week with the informatic I think I am not sure with the overclocking to do not risk the new equipment.

Meanwhile I will update 2nd station Near by vacation break weekend to the Costa Brava nautic beach club Masnou with the family and have cruise for the high sea till the formic islands , aboard a Yacht Sunseeker  , to have the first swimming of the summer and afternoon we will try with son with the other old PC  and also test what happens. Thanks for the explanation scrapmetal .

Now recently Il2 say was  working  in the previous VR Samsung Odissey and many users give the congratulations that is working right much more better , VR nowadays right now are rise vanguard technologies new and are under development  , I had several VR helmets like (the razor , VFX-1...) that works like the Samsung Odissey with the trak technology sistem  for the years 90's with this simulators :  SU-27 of 1993 from the developers of DCS World of F/A 18C and in 1994 with the DID (Digital Imagine Design) EF2000 Eurofighter 2000 them 1995 EF2000 TAT-COM for Windows 95 & IF22 Air Dominance Fighter and Total Air War of 1996 simulator but was not the moment for the capabilites for the VR for the PC's capabilites, but now definitely is the moment for the rise of the VR technology and next to fix after Samsung Odissey could be the HTC VIVE PRO .

F22 AIR DOMINANCE FIGHTER of Digital Image Desing of 1997 :

VR VFX-1 with The EF 2000 Eurofighter at TATCOM in 1994 at the end of this video: ( minute 12'33" )

Edited by RAY-EU

VR is not plug'n play. The problem is tied solely to your computer setup. 

I overclock a CPU within 30minutes, and I'm not even an informatics guy but just a metal-hurdur-smash engineer. The guy is clearly an idiot or simply not interested in your case, recommending you overpriced parts (such as a Titan SLI configuration) which won't work. 

Get one (1) GTX 1080ti, it works *better* than two TITANs in SLI. 

The HTC vive pro screens are the same as in the Samsung odyssey. You will have NO performance-advantage if you replace your vive pros with odysseys.

Get a new informatics guy, or learn to setup this yourself. The first, most difficult and best step you have already done - you came here to ask on the forums. That's very good. 

Now, what is the issue, short and precisely please (then it is easier to find an algorithm to find a working solution). The screens go black and audio plays on - correct? 

What is your system, precisely? CPU, Motherboard type & firmware, RAM, disk drive, GPU & drivers, operating system and its version, clean installation? Layout of your tower, does it have a proper airflow, is it watercooled (hello vcore temp spikes)? 

I'd like to help you, but please put only the important things in a structured single post :)

The problem is that the VR graphics freeze after a while, but the sound continues, and you hear your plane crash?

I had a similar problem when I started playing IL-2 in the Rift (8700K, 1080Ti, Windows 10). The fix for me was to stop Windows power management from switching off the monitor when it thought the computer was idle, which seems also to stop the graphics card.

Unfortunately, Windows thinks it is idle when there is no keyboard or mouse input, HOTAS input is ignored. Before I had VR, I would use keyboard commands occasionally, which kept the computer awake.

My monitor is now always on, until I switch it off by pressing the power button. No more freezes.

Posted (edited)

I think since my point of view I am not the only one . The VR in Multiplayer in Il2 is not working more than 20 minutes maximun right now they have to patch to fix or is a problem of the maintenance of the servers for the reason of the June expo  I do not know . !.?. In Genuary and March and during last half of 2017 has worked much better every 2 hours but  Right now I have many problems every 10 -20 minutes  !.? In DEd server Multiplayer I am desconect every 10 minutes ,  I am using the HTC VIVE , I could use as well the HTC VIVE PRO last year With the same VR I do not have that kind of problems as much frequently like now !.? Was every 2 hours more or less . I do not know ! Thats my experience if some is using the VR HTC VIVE or PRO in Multiplayer successfully without any desconection more than 2 hours please let me know here Tank you It will help me a hope to find a solution by my way if not like me late me Know also Thanks . Right now I only have the same answer like me from other ones that is not working !.?

May be will be need to fix ? From Il2 ? If you open the Icon VR steam for me appears that : Il2 has stop working ( in red letters ) and in DCS happens me exactly the same this in Multiplayer is a principle of that you will be desconection in Multiplayer .

thank you Fenris for the explanation I will try to follow your recommendations . First would need to know how much time maximun do you use your HTC ViVE PRO in Multiplayer DeD server  , Normal or Expert Server or Wings of victory... without any disconnection? .

Thanks again ... Fenris.. I will follow your recommendations and explanations to find if not ! the solution/s Thanks for your time , I will pay attention to your recommendations .

my PC: with WINDOWS 10 HOME 64bits .

Mother Board: Asus ROG Maximus X Hero ,

Processor: Intel Core i7 8700K 4.70GHz 6 cores , Overclocket constantly from 4.20Ghz to 4.70Ghz .

1 SSD Samsung970 Pro M.2 NVME 1TB , Memory  RAM HyperX Predator DDR4 3200Mhz 32GB(4x8)XMP

Corsair Hydro Series H115i PRO- Liquid refrigeration Cooler .

Graphic Card 1 Nvidia Titan X ( the oldest version of 1000 series ).

, The HTC VIVE PRO or HTC VIVE ... And the Viperwing F35:

Edited by RAY-EU

I don't have your disconneting problems on MP server in Vive. I guess is your network/provider/router configuration - (closed ports?).

Only occasional issue I have when new map is loaded then sometimes geting freez with balck screen and need re-enter serwer

Posted (edited)

You are right !  ,Is My Wife !  I cheq  the router !   and I have to call movistar  the internet was falling down and I phone And they restablish the sistem the parents of my wife ! Them the world cup football!!! but I have 3 lines ! Of 300 Mb of fiber Optic and a Ping of 13 ms , are the parents of my wife ! She is very beautiful for my eyes  ! Has given me a very nice family but we want to see the football match with my sons neither  let me see the world Football maches today Argentina-Croatia , who realise a celebration when is the final ! Of the World cup Football? The parents of my wife ! I will send her this forum if you convince her to ! do not touch Internet ! Ooh ! And the Word Football Russia Cup ! That happens when the wife is very beautiful ! ;) them after vacations summer my sons and I are preparing  and I will move to our secret cuartel  on October to another place with better connection with a 4K Smart TV ;). For the new simulators !). If not is a conflict! :

Edited by RAY-EU

To the question how long I can play without a black screen: Infinite amount of time, I could have VR running 12h and it won't turn to a black screen.

To how long I can play without disconnect, that depends on the server. Wings of Liberty for example is very bad, constant disconnects are frequent. On TAW I can play with only very rarely disconnects (only when the server had problems last campaign, but it dropped a lot of people unfortunately). Other servers are no problem.

Btw, the network should not be responsible for creating a blacked out screen in the HMD, with the sound running. That sounds like an issue with your hardware / system. My first guesses, as brought before you by the others already, are overheating of this or that part. To diagnose what it is, you must install a program like HW monitor and check your maximum temperatures while you're playing. But second guesses are - it could be anything. It could be the 8700K being overclocked with too much vcore (potential), or your informatiks' guy forgot to adjust the Load Line Calibration. There are these and those chips on the market, some can overclock safely to 5GHz and eat 1.4V for breakfast on LLC1, some cripple at 4.7GHz because they can only take 1.3V - as an example.

I have sent you a PM ;)

Tank you very much Fenris I will try , I am right now enjoying the beach in the evenings best  , to avoid no sun with the family , an appetizer  and some cold beers with The Russian World Cup Matches. Only One question ? Ded server has trouble with many desconections or is right ? .

Sosorry ! Thanks again but now On Vacations with all the family  ! , on July we left first  flight to Los Angeles , San Diego and them in August for the Caribbean  also them to Florida Tampa after with the Yacht :Miami , Boca Raton , Sant Agustin  and the  Bahamas ..... To return back in 1st of September to Spain , Barcelona .

Have a nice Vacations ! To all the VR And virtual Pilots !

If your headset is going black that's something else besides a disconnect from server. Is your whole computer in need of a restart afterwards?

Posted (edited)

Thank you Fenris I have registered TAW server principaly seems the best Multiplayer sever but are few on Wednesday like 3 playing Wings of liverty , TAW and ded sever I use to play . 

The base Stations of the HTC VIVE or VIVE  PRO can be firm ware update by Bluetooth is the best way an easy . 

Going to steam VR : Bluetooth  options ,  options and activate Bluetooth in all HTC VIVE sistem .

Them go to Firmware to update VR Helmet and the two base stations easily following the steps on the scream of your PC  and all update by Bluetooth .

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)

I have been more than 2 hours (2 sessions) without any disconnection in the ded server Multiplayer  with the HTC VIVE PRO , all right ! 

The problem That I had it was the router  of Internet !!! .

I have 3 fiber optic lines of 300 Megas I have extended a ethernet cable cat 6 of 100 feet long 30 meters provisionally for this weekend and everything works fine ! 

Will be ready ! for the FW190 A8 with the HTC VIVE PRO .

The Pimax 8K is already released now  , but I leave to EEUU on Vacations , I will order on my return in September for the ME 262 A-1a .

After Setembre in the Black Friday With the release of the nvidia GTX 1180 TI .

Edited by RAY-EU

Pimax 8K is not released yet, they have not even shipped to the backers yet.

Posted (edited)

I have desconections now in ded server every 30 minutes , I have had 3 desconections .???

I will cheq if it is the router : I have many apartments in property in the building , they have done 3 of those new high speed internet connection yesterday with new routers of fibre Optica of 300 MB i will replace with the new rourter for me , before the  cheqin of the first clients .

I will be in Multiplayer in ded server Multiplayer  this evening and night , I will enjoy very much from 16h00' till 00h30' or later midnight , I like this sim very much ! I will try what happens all the time with the HTC VIVE PRO .

Movistar is evaluating what is failing , if the router or the line fails because the router indicates with a red light flashing that internet or the router  is working wrong.

But I do not like TAW server because you can only just use the Bf 109E4 or the bf 109F2 . But I will try also .

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)

Yesterday 4 disconnections per hour in the DeD server Multiplayer. With the same new line of friday and the new router of fiber Optic of 300 Mb of Movistar .

On Friday I was 2 hours 2 sessions in ded server without any desconection ???.

Will fix the overclocking of the i7 8700K at 4,7Ghz constantly.

So I will try the TAW server with the Bf109 F2 or The Bf109 E4 .What happens.

Edited by RAY-EU

Check to make sure your downstream and upstream are within spec if you are getting frequent disconnects from your internet, maybe too many splitters in the line or old splitters causing the issue.

Movistar has repaired the line infront of me , the error it was the fiber optic cable that it was in my room ,

also they have changed me the router for a new and faster one to pass a high speed of 300 Mb to 1Gb of fiber optic higher speed and a ping from 15 ms to a ping of 5 ms more or less.

Now I will try now in ded Multiplayer server all this evening till midnight  night with the Bf 109 G14 . Getting ready for the FW190 A8 in July .

With my new PC and the HTC VIVE PRO .

What happens .

Posted (edited)

Ded server Multiplayer you can fly bf 109 G14 but is available for mouse that may be means is not a good server for the VR .

There should be a Multiplayer server only specific for VR but may be sometimes  it would have few players.

Much more better , ded server Multiplayer only one desconection per hour , 2 desconections in 3 hours , good like as usually before in 2017 wth the previous VR HTC VIVE 

with HTC VIVE PRO , every thing very fast response. I am again more fascinated !

Like before with the HTC VIVE but with the PRO is another dimension!

One of my most enjoyable moment in the sim never had experience before , the potential with the HTC VIVE PRO with this sim  BoBp is fabulous ! I am thinking and I am very much impressed !

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)

Thank you very much Fenris .

More than 2 hours in TAW (Tactical Air War ) server multiplayer without any interruption with  the VR  HTC VIVE PRO continuously flying the Bf 109 F4 and everything go ok .

Perfect ! all the time with the VR HTC VIVE PRO .

There has not been any desconection at all .

Every think working well in the TAW Multiplayer campaign until server finish . 

Edited by RAY-EU

Posted (edited)

TAW Tactical Air War server Multiplayer is like the first divison most expert with VR  , ded Multiplayer was like 3rd division ( like the football , by the way what good France victory in Russian Mundial FIFA cup ! ) with mouse option but no redy yet with VR , that may will be a patch fix soon compatible for the VR for hours with no desconnections  , where you can use all planes also the new ones for test performance .

I am enjoying very much with the HTC VIVE PRO you con stay many hours without any desconection every thing works perfectly , is very difficult too much  ases and very good pilots is a challenge and 1941-42 escenarios  with only the bf109 F4 or bf 109 G2 very interesting for the difficult and the limitations thats a very good Challenge. Also some times is possible to use the Fw190 A3 I preffer , as my favorite estrategic plane .

One Week to travel to EEUU Where I will buy the HTC new base Satations 2.0  , I will buy the  Advantage+ pack where there sold only :  

the 4  new base stations 2.0 and the 2 blue commanders (for the HTC VIVE PRO ) for the price of 299$ and I will pack in my suitcase for the flight to return to Europe Barcelona in September because in Europe is not on sale without the HTC VIVE PRO:

https://youtu.be/VbSdHennTr0

Sorry for the not understanding language but in this video you can see the unpacking new base stations 2.0 4 of thats without saving the VRS:IN advantage+ Pack

https://enterprise.vive.com/us/product/sp/

and I will take with my suitcase to the return vacations flight to Barcelona in September:

Edited by RAY-EU