Sign in to follow this  
Elyos

Bombsight "view mode" bug

Hello. I have bug with bombsight. I fly He-111 and while in bombsight "view" mode reticle starts "jumping", it jumps once or twice in a second with 10 or 15 degree forward, then returns to where I moved it. It happens not everytime but I should restart game.

• Upvote 1

Same here. Happened about five times. Anecdotal observation: my graphics card was clipping on thermal limit.

You only have to fly two bomber sorties in a row, without leaving the MP server or restarting the game, for this to happen with some degree of reliability. It is very frustrating and almost game-breaking as the bomb sight is rendered inoperable.

Happened to me, like Leifr said, in MP, but also in SP. I had it happen in Aim and View mode, either one of the two and sometimes both.

Also it can happen with Red and Blue planes, old (i.e. pre-Kuban) and new (i.e. the A-20).

I'm having this happen to me almost every other time I enter the bombsight. It's only started happening recently. Once it happens I have to restart the game to stop it. So far its only happened in view mode but it makes it almost impossible to get lined up with the target.

Edited by ACG_Passion

On 5/13/2018 at 5:06 AM, Leifr said:

You only have to fly two bomber sorties in a row, without leaving the MP server or restarting the game, for this to happen with some degree of reliability. It is very frustrating and almost game-breaking as the bomb sight is rendered inoperable.

I had this problem for the first time tonight on WoL. During my second He111 mission the sight started to jump in view and manual modes.

• Upvote 1

This is still an issue.

It can be replicated fairly well by simply running two consecutive sorties in a row on the same server. If the bug appears, one has to restart the game for it to be fixed. I understand that bombers are clearly not a priority for the development team, but when the bombsight itself is broken it's more than frustrating. I'll try and get some video proof of this happening, maybe then someone will pay attention.

Not even necessary to recreate in MP, happens to me in SP as well as I wrote ages ago in this thread. Albeit much more rarely.

I had it in an A20 in Career Mode a few days ago but it is the first time I have seen it.  TBH,  I don't level bomb often. In fact I stopped flying for about 9 months until after Christmas so the bug could be a year old for all I know. 🙂

See when the topic was started, it's even older than that. Believe me as someone that has suffered through it way too many times before I finally got used to restarting the game after each bombing sortie 😛

But to be fair it needs to be said that it happens more rarely these days. Or maybe our group flies less consecutive bombing sorties.

Edited by wellenbrecher

On 1/27/2019 at 12:48 PM, wellenbrecher said:

See when the topic was started, it's even older than that. Believe me as someone that has suffered through it way too many times before I finally got used to restarting the game after each bombing sortie 😛

But to be fair it needs to be said that it happens more rarely these days. Or maybe our group flies less consecutive bombing sorties.

Ah, this was that issue I had when we were flying those 88's, i'd respawned thanks to that bomb drop next to me and after that the view option was flipping out. made for an interesting bomb run that.

Happened to me today, the first time in a while. Stopped after I reloaded the game.