DetCord12B

[MOD] Camouflage of the Wehrmacht

7dSC3LS.png

This modification changes the German armor, support vehicles, artillery, prime movers and more from their default grey to either Hinterhalt-Tarnung (Ambush Camo), a late war pattern, or the Tri-Color Disruptive Camo that was increasingly utilized in the East starting in 1943 and first appeared during Operation Citadel at the Battle of Kursk. The infantry have also been retextured to include the Splittermuster 31 smock, new trousers, a Y-Harness has been added, as well as helmet and soft cover decals and insignia. An optional Waffen SS infantry camo in Eichenlaubmuster (Oakleaf) is available for replacement should you decide to use it. Instructions on installing it are in the README found in the zip file.

While a lot of work has been done, this mod is by no mean complete and is still very much a Work-in-Progress. If you come across any issues, missing textures, bugs etc please post here with a description and screenshot if possible. Any and all feedback is appreciated.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

Rb3x6PC.png

Ya6DaZq.png

18oLmzZ.png

uZD4Zrl.png

51MpjTf.png

4Scw72p.png

5a0Zxe5.png

1jFQrFE.png

xNHCJot.png

jzx9NZa.png

Vanilla Uniform

6mLT0TY.png

New Uniform

M7RKhEf.png

Waffen SS Infantry Screenshots:

Spoiler

I7Tmm0N.png

K17CX8v.png

DOWNLOAD V0.9

Changelog

Spoiler

Initial Release V0.8 - 9/5/2018

Update V0.9

• Horch/Staff Car added

• Disruptive Pattern tweak

• Waffen SS Smock rework 

Edited by DetCord12B
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 10
  • Upvote 10

I have been watching for this. TY Sir, I will be trying it on Thursday hopefully.:biggrin:

S!Blade<><

Great to see this finally being released. 

Aiming for a Thursday test too. 

Thanks Det,

i really appreciate your hard work.

Great

Looks really great. Going to try it out. Thanks for your time and effort.

Nice one Det,looks really good pal. Downloading now :good:

Can't wait to try, this one looks great!

Thanks for all the hard work put into this and for sharing.

Cheers

Update:

Added the Horch or Staff Car, tweaked the Disruptive Pattern on several vehicles, and completely reworked the Waffen SS Uniform and smock.

Spoiler

Previous Version

qMbWmNc.png

New Version

K17CX8v.png

• Upvote 2

Thank you very much DetCord12b!!!

What a nice immersive work:clapping:

Excellent work, thank you very much, really appreciated.:cool:

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

I accidentally deleted the PSD's prior to moving them over to my external. I could certainly add to it, but fixing any issues with the already released assets would mean I'd have to go back and recreate 40+ templates I made. And I'm not doing that.

Still can't get over doing that.... 

• Sad 4

I see the images... wow awesome!

I see the last post... noooooo

Time to back up all IL-2 work on HDD and upload to a server somewhere...

I followed the install instructions and now have the three color cameo.Interestingly enough not on all the trucks but about half of them only. That’s ok since in the war I doubt whether every single truck in the Heer was painted the same way.At the same time all the half tracks , artillery pieces & tanks have the new cammo.

I do have a question: how & in what way does the SS cammo work or show up? At least up to this point I can’t see it either on vehicles or uniforms...so where should I look?

• Confused 1

20 hours ago, E69_julian57 said:

Hi Blitzen,  looks at the readme to install the camo ss:salute:

Yes I installed as instructed.Will I see this uniform change when viewing personnel? Also will I see this cammo change when I am actually crewing the  Plz III in tankmissions?

Salutations,

Images look great. Where exactly is the games Mods folder or do I have to create one? If so, where exactly should I place it? Thanks. 😐

On 5/24/2018 at 1:54 PM, Blitzen said:

Yes I installed as instructed.Will I see this uniform change when viewing personnel? Also will I see this cammo change when I am actually crewing the  Plz III in tankmissions?

If you're using the Waffen SS option then yes, all if the infantry, operated vehicles, dismounts, arty and AT gun personnel will be wearing the WSS uniform. As for tank crews I have no idea. I didn't know of nor could I find a tanker uniform in the file structure. If not using that option then the ground personnel will use the Wehrmacht retexture that's included in the mod.

On 5/23/2018 at 5:58 AM, NETSCAPE said:

I see the images... wow awesome!

I see the last post... noooooo

Time to back up all IL-2 work on HDD and upload to a server somewhere...

I backup everything on my external. I just failed to do so this time.

On 5/24/2018 at 4:13 PM, Thad said:

Salutations,

Images look great. Where exactly is the games Mods folder or do I have to create one? If so, where exactly should I place it? Thanks. 😐

• Open your IL-2 directory (you'll see bin, data, screenshots folders etc).
  • Download JSGME.
  • Place the jsgme_setup.exe into the IL-2 directory.
  • Run the installer and allow it to create a MODS directory.
  • Open the MODS directory and drag the two folders from my mod (Hinterhalt-Tarnung Pattern and Tri-Color Disruptive Pattern) in said folder.
  • Back out to the main IL-2 directory and run JSGME.
  • Select the Camo Pattern you'd like to use under Available Mods and click Enable Selected Mod.
  • Profit.

Should look something like this. Remember, only enable one Camo Pattern at a time. Never enable both.

Untitled-1.png.1de9aa73dc3f58f28169b0ca0bad53a0.png

Edited by DetCord12B

Because of a new reinstall I've had to download & install again.Unfortunately after putting the folders in my MODS folder , they don't show up in my JSGME utility to transfer into the sim. I can do them manually, but not with JSGME...🙄

11 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Because of a new reinstall I've had to download & install again.Unfortunately after putting the folders in my MODS folder , they don't show up in my JSGME utility to transfer into the sim. I can do them manually, but not with JSGME...🙄

Hi Blitz,

what about

http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/

I have no problems, for me its much better then JSGME.

You could give it a try.

On 6/2/2018 at 9:48 PM, Yankee_One said:

Hi Blitz,

what about

http://www.ovoid.org/ovgme/

I have no problems, for me its much better then JSGME.

You could give it a try.

Thanks for this advice- it worked just fine!

Is this mod replacing every normal uniform? Or you will see camo and normal feldgrau, same with vehicles.

UPDATE - I did back it up! I just moved the folder containing my PSD templates into the wrong folder. And considering how many liveries I've done for the IL2/FSX/P3D platforms, it's no wonder I couldn't find them. Oddly enough, I thought they were copied to my IL-2 custom textures folder and they ended up in the Lufthansa folder instead. Go figure.

It was only by pure luck that I found them while doing a keyword search that a reference popped up. Game on!

hjU2nPi.png

On 6/5/2018 at 1:22 PM, InProgress said:

Is this mod replacing every normal uniform? Or you will see camo and normal feldgrau, same with vehicles.

Every uniform for the infantry, dismounts, field personnel etc is replaced. 

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Hi..can someone..please..expand on this a bit more? Just assume Im stupid...which in this case I am ;)

On 5/25/2018 at 9:31 PM, DetCord12B said:
  • Open your IL-2 directory (you'll see bin, data, screenshots folders etc)....for example when I go to the IL2..where game content is set (not steam directory) if I double click on the IL2 BofS folder I see.."Common Redist, Bin, Data and Steam shader cache, AM i in the right place?
  •  
  • Download JSGME
  •  
  • Place the jsgme_setup.exe into the IL-2 directory.  I downloaded JGSME to my desktop, Do I place the Jsgme_setup.exe IN the folder  OR  or do I execute it and point TO the IL-2 directory folder?
  •  
  • Run the installer and allow it to create a MODS directory. --I run the folder (exe it) once its placed INSIDE the IL2 BoS folder?
  • Open the MODS directory and drag the two folders from my mod (Hinterhalt-Tarnung Pattern and Tri-Color Disruptive Pattern) in said folder.--bit confused on this step..I open the mods folder inside the BOS folder that I created by executing JSGME? To whwere do the two folders get dragged?
  • Back out to the main IL-2 directory and run JSGME.
  • Select the Camo Pattern you'd like to use under Available Mods and click Enable Selected Mod.
  • Profit. 

I used to use JGSMe a LOT for silent hunter 5 but that was many years ago, and unfortunately I've just forgotten the ins and outs, and dont want to mess it up..thanks

Edited by ingsoc84

37 minutes ago, ingsoc84 said:

Hi..can someone..please..expand on this a bit more? Just assume Im stupid...which in this case I am ;)

Hi!

Please read my answer here: