javax.imageio.IIOException: Insufficient memory (case 4)

Is there something I am not doing right?

I select a new mission and everything seems right (i.e., the program does not crash, and the mission briefing etc. are all available). However, the mission itself does not actually get created (not there in the folder). When I look at the error log, I see this error (full log attached).

PWCGErrorLog.txt.txt

Update: it appears that there are TWO independent things going on.

(1) The error above

(2) The error in the part between the chair and the monitor, a.k.a. user error, a.k.a. I am an idiot

The second explains the lack of mission generation: I did not click Briefing Map > Pilot Selection > Accept Mission. Doh!

Looks like there is a memory issue when using the map.  It looks like you are trying to zoom into the briefing map, which causes the largest map to load.  That is causing an out of memory failure.  Why?  Not sure.  I can look into increasing max memory for the JVM.  Thing is if this is really just PWCG loading too much stuff then the error should be pervasive.

1 hour ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Looks like there is a memory issue when using the map.  It looks like you are trying to zoom into the briefing map, which causes the largest map to load.  That is causing an out of memory failure.  Why?  Not sure.  I can look into increasing max memory for the JVM.  Thing is if this is really just PWCG loading too much stuff then the error should be pervasive.

Yes --- I did in fact zoom the briefing map. Good catch! Either way, it's not a deal breaker as a more detailed briefing map is available in game if needed.

Just want to add that I really appreciate this program: even with the new built-in career mode it definitely has its place, especially in the way we interact with the mission set up as well as the fundamental "flavor" of the missions themselves. THANKS!