Sign in to follow this  
dburne

My Battle of Kuban Career completed

Just finished my Spitfire Battle of Kuban Career.

I was a little surprised, going by the green progress bar I appeared to be about a third of the way through it, but after the last mission I got the Kuban Career completed message.

39 sorties, 36 of them successful.

85 air victories, 20 ground victories.

I had four attempts prior to this one, but unfortunately my pilot met an early demise in those. This one however made it all the way.

I had a blast with it, and undoubtedly  will start another here pretty quick , again in the Spit. I just love that plane!

• Upvote 1

Were you wounded in your last sortie? I had a MiG career at Stalingrad, where my pilot was seriously wounded which apparently put him out of action for the rest of the battle, having to progress directly to the Kuban. 

39 missions sounds like too short a career for Kuban. Or maybe your career ends when the squadron you fly for gets pulled out of the battle?

You can transfer yourself to other squadrons if you are close to being send way. Don't know about Russian but on german side in last part of kuban campaign there is a lot of squadrons send away.

7 minutes ago, Finkeren said:

Were you wounded in your last sortie? I had a MiG career at Stalingrad, where my pilot was seriously wounded which apparently put him out of action for the rest of the battle, having to progress directly to the Kuban. 

39 missions sounds like too short a career for Kuban. Or maybe your career ends when the squadron you fly for gets pulled out of the battle?

Nope not wounded at all, in fact the last mission we did not run across any enemy ai at all - it was a protect ground units mission.

Mission was accomplished successfully.

Ok so I went back in, and there was a " Prolong " option, so I selected that.

It then took me to plane and squadron selection. The Spitfire was grayed out, only couple planes were showing available in white.

Well I filtered out all the others and chose the Spit again anyway, and it has continued now my same Career.

However I think it is starting me back at the beginning, as I am a long ways from the front again and date showing April of 43.

So apparently I am going to just continuing flying my Spit career from the beginning again, or so it appears.

Edited by dburne

Odd that the choice was to prolong your career and it throws you back to the start. Wouldn't that be restart career lol

4 minutes ago, TheSNAFU said:

Odd that the choice was to prolong your career and it throws you back to the start. Wouldn't that be restart career lol

Well it really did not restart the Career, as I still have my rank and victories. In fact I just flew my first mission in the prolong and was flight leader.

Just moved me back in time I guess. 

The option to choose the spit was grayed out, but I was able to select it anyway.

I guess had I chose one of the two available planes that were showing in white, it may have continued on the date my Spit career ended. I just wanted to keep flying the Spit.

7 hours ago, dburne said:

Well it really did not restart the Career, as I still have my rank and victories. In fact I just flew my first mission in the prolong and was flight leader.

Just moved me back in time I guess. 

The option to choose the spit was grayed out, but I was able to select it anyway.

I guess had I chose one of the two available planes that were showing in white, it may have continued on the date my Spit career ended. I just wanted to keep flying the Spit.

Well great then. They say these sims can be like a time machine. Apparently the career actually does takes you back in time...

• Haha 1