Bearfoot

Mosquito in Bodenplatte?

3 hours ago, I./ZG1_Krokodilor said:

Mosquito? No one needs a heavy fighters/ bombers, because they are boring and pure cannon fodder (just as the 110 G2).

They rather should make some cool, interesting and well selling aircrafts like the MK XIV, P47 M, Ta 152, Mustang MK III, He 162 , or the G10, this is the stuff wich the community wants!

Excuse me mates, all this crude rubbish, i wrote, was only bad tasted sarcasm. I am definitely not really obscessed by sigle engines, in my opinion, the Mosquito would be an valuable addion for the il2 series.

• Like 3

Regarding the Mosquito 

I found myself surviving aa ,several low level passes with A20  at Kota server

is this server manipulated or a patch 

I made several passes with pretty much everything thrown after me

12 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

I give a rat ass for this pack, but I do care about

You have raved about the DCS P-51.   So this post by you is laughable nonsense.

11 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

You have raved about the DCS P-51.   So this post by you is laughable nonsense.

It was a state of rage I admit. 

The DCS P 51 is the only ww2 module I really like. Not because it is a P 51. It just feel like close to the real deal. 

But honestly I bought this pack for funding PTO. 

Now I can say I like what they did with the ME 262. Not so with the P47 

but you are basically right it was nonsense. I become curious about the P 38 and Tempest

the Tempest should be a brute , I beg they model it like one. 

Because the the P 47 sound like a kitty , it feels like a kitty and it got the modt powerful radial there was. Its performance is probably right.  

40 minutes ago, LuseKofte said:

The DCS P 51 is the only ww2 module I really like. Not because it is a P 51. It just feel like close to the real deal. 

Based on your many P-51 flight hours?  

14 minutes ago, BraveSirRobin said:

Based on your many P-51 flight hours?  

You know what I mean. 

And I knew you would quote that part. 

But for your information I have flown less powerful planes. Also choppers. 

I can relate to what feel right or not. 

I can tell you the P 47 feels and sound like a rotax 912 was mounted on it. You can see the speed and climbrate but it is not believable. 

I would love to chat more with you, but I care not so much for your patronizing tone

Just now, LuseKofte said:

You know what I mean. 

No, I really don't.  I've been a WW2 aviation fan since I was I was about 10 yrs old.  I've seen P-51s fly countless times.  I've watched many other WW2 aircraft fly.  Sometimes from up real close.

ds-h.jpg

However, I have no experience with many of the non-American aircraft (other than the Spitfire).

img_002.jpg

I can't even begin to guess which of the DCS or GB aircraft are closest to the real deal.  

So I was just wondering how you were able to do it.

• Like 2

Well I like a plane when it meet my expectation on what my impression of it is. 

Not that I know for myself. 

But I read a lot about pilots. Many of them flown both P 47 and P 51. 

It does not mean the DCS P 51 is correct. I talked to people sitting in a P 51 as a back seater and talked to the pilots. 

So just to be Clear. P51 in DCS is not correct in every way. If you take all into account there is a lot of wrong thing with it. 

But I was not talking about that. I am talking about how it feels flying it. In essence it give a good impression of flying a very powerful ww 2 plane. Maybe as close as I ever get. 

And when I say the P 47 do not give the same impression it is based on not what you see in the instruments. 

I like the P 40 we have much better. The LA 5 and LAgg same kind of thing real good. 

Btw nice pictures

anyway when developers take on US aircraft, I get a bit scared.  P 51 got a lot of anticipation

here. I hope they meet them 

Edited by LuseKofte

3 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

P 51 got a lot of anticipation

here. I hope they meet them

I am pretty sure it will be better than any previous p51, just as the one in il21946 was better than the one in european air war, which in its turn was better than the one in aces over europe, which was better than the one in chuck yeagers', and etc. Maybe waiting for the perfect fac simile is utopic.

On 7/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, I./ZG1_Krokodilor said:

Mosquito? No one needs a heavy fighters/ bombers, because they are boring and pure cannon fodder (just as the 110 G2).

It’s not really a heavy fighter, it’s a very fast light bomber that should prove difficult to catch and engage as well as carrying quite a payload. Should leave the 110, Pe-2 and Ju-88 behind in terms of speed vs. ordinance (and adds a 3rd aircraft to the poor, neglected RAF 😕).

8 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

It does not mean the DCS P 51 is correct. I talked to people sitting in a P 51 as a back seater and talked to the pilots. 

I know an air show pilot with a lot of hours in the P-47.  He says it’s a pig.  The worst warbird that he has flown, and he has flown the P-40.  So maybe they got the P-47 just right.

• Upvote 1

In warbird magazine there was a pilot in a foundation owning a lot of planes in US 

he said I fly P 40 when wanting to have fun 

and he flew the P 51 normally. 

He said no bad things abot the p 51. But it was a surprising and unexpected sentence

On 7/20/2019 at 2:58 PM, Diggun said:

Run into xjammer online recently? 

He was being sarcastic - Kroko is one of the best 110 pilots out there ;)

• Like 2

19 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

he said I fly P 40 when wanting to have fun...

...fun against the ZERO...getting back to the true subject of this fine thread.

I really do not think anyone are against a mosquito  being added. It should be fast enough and be a good balance against the 262. If we dont get the Arado. Because that would be  awesome. 

Devs proved they could do jets. 

I will pay a high price for both, and if they come cheap I buy gifts

On 7/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

Thanks.

I got lots of them.

img_024.jpg

Can we get them in Wallpaper size? 1920x1080, by any chance?

Because WOOF. I want those on my desktop!

di0eqq-cae50bb4-c04d-4588-87f2-19e8b2a2e

Edited by 71st_AH_Yankee_
Woof!
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Sublime said:

Smoke me a kipper

Isn't that Ace Rimmer not Flashheart? 

What a guy 

To my understanding the FB and TR variants where the only variants that could carry rockets/bombs and had frontal guns, other variants had either only bombs (B), only frontal guns (F/NF) or none (PR/T) which brings me to my next question :

Which variants where operational on the airfields on the Bodenplatte map during the Battle of Rheinland career? (17/09/1944 - 01/04/1945).

3 hours ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

Because WOOF. I want those on my desktop

Hehehehe. WOOOOF!

1 hour ago, ww2fighter20 said:

To my understanding the FB and TR variants where the only variants that could carry rockets/bombs and had frontal guns, other variants had either only bombs (B), only frontal guns (F/NF) or none (PR/T) which brings me to my next question :

Which variants where operational on the airfields on the Bodenplatte map during the Battle of Rheinland career? (17/09/1944 - 01/04/1945).

All types flew over or atack/bombed stuff in map area for bobp, but only 140RAF using Mosquito PR Mk XVI operated from base on bobp map in that timeline, B.58 Melsbroek, only ones good fit for SP for bobp.

In Amiens area (B.87 Rosiere en Santerre and B.48 Amiens/Glisy) ~50km SW off bobp map border shown last time, had few squadrons of Mosquito NF Mk.30 and FB Mk.VI flying in map area for bobp, and most moved in B.58 Melsbroek during April 45. They then dont fit for bobp SP. 

Bomber versions were mostly in england and flew in area ( they used B.58 Melsbroek as emergancy landing base when damaged ), so they dont fit SP for bobp.

So you can make PR Mk.XVI version, and add modifications for it to be also FB. VI version or even B XVI version, and you could use PR version for campaign in SP and AI FB and B versions with airstarts as Ai dont need to land take off in campaign, and in MP pl would most likely used mostly FB.VI version for fun stuff from closest base on map to real location.

Edited by 77.CountZero
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 71st_AH_Yankee_ said:

Can we get them in Wallpaper size? 1920x1080, by any chance?

I included a few extra shots

Spoiler

gb_001.jpg

gb_002.jpg

gb_003.jpg

gb_004.jpg

gb_005.jpg

gb_006.jpg

gb_007.jpg

bonus P-51 formation

gb_008.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks.  I don't do it as much as I used to.  Too many of my connections have died or moved on.

That's not even the really good stuff.

Spoiler

img_005.jpg

rb-i.jpg

img_004.jpg

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Guccigang_Zesphr said:

Isn't that Ace Rimmer not Flashheart? 

What a guy 

Hmm I thought it was his saying. Maybd not. 

But what a guy ;)

Very nice Mosquito clip below (if you have a gametrix jetseat I recommend you watch and listen with the jetseat turned on and working in sound mode):

Edited by 56RAF_Talisman
  • Upvote 1

On 7/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, BraveSirRobin said:

I know an air show pilot with a lot of hours in the P-47.  He says it’s a pig.  The worst warbird that he has flown, and he has flown the P-40.  So maybe they got the P-47 just right.

You're probably right as the P-47 feels like a pig ingame and if I'm not wrong the the Tempest will be even worse if Clostermann is anything to go by.

8 minutes ago, Georgio said:

You're probably right as the P-47 feels like a pig ingame and if I'm not wrong the the Tempest will be even worse if Clostermann is anything to go by.

Tempest will have 1 h combat timer, while P-47 you have to fly all time on continues where even i 16 is faster then you, in tempest youll be flying all time on its combat speed that is as fast as spit9 on emergancy, it can have same fm like P-47 for what i care but if his timers are like in manual its he will be big improvment to rest bobp allied airplanes.

I have a friend who is former curator for the RAF Museum. My friend is part of the People's Mosquito Project working to restore one of the rare birds to flight. While gathering data he acquired a set of CAD design files detailing every nut, bolt and screw that went into the assembly of a similar project. Upon hearing of his discovery I arranged for him to share the treasure trove with the development team of IL*2.

The developers now have that information and an open invitation from The People's Mosquito Project for assistance.

This means we may be getting our hands on a virtual D98 Mossie much sooner than expected.

http://www.peoplesmosquito.org.uk/

http://warbirdsnews.com/category/warbird-restorations/the-peoples-mosquito

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Gordon200 said:

This means we may be getting our hands on a virtual D98 Mossie much sooner than expected.

Two Weeks ? ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Nice photos BSR

Odd, no pilot that I’ve interviewed who flew the Jug during the war described it as a pig. These were not airshow pilots mind you, I’m talking about WWII guys.

Don Bryan did say that it “wasn’t worth a damn down low against 109’s, unlike the Mustang”

Not that I discount the air show pilot completely, but these guys flew it in a life and death environment, at it’s limit and did very well with it. 

Just checked notes from talking with Bryan - he says capable above 15k feet, not capable 1 v 1 below that (and coming out OK)

So your airshow pilot observations reflect this I imagine, given where flight demos occur. I have more interesting notes on his “Little One” Jug but this is not the thread.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Gambit21 said:

Odd, no pilot that I’ve interviewed who flew the Jug during the war described it as a pig. These were not airshow pilots mind you, I’m talking about WWII guys.

Air show guys mostly fly low aerobatics.  Much like flight sim pilots on the Berloga server...  

One pilot “loosing” his jug for a P 51 Said he was convinced it was a death warrant. 

He also was in state of awe when he saw the size of the P47 first time. 

And his description of the jug was words like Stable, fast, feeling secure. Basically he was in sorrow when transition was a fact. 

He had absolutely no negative words against the P 47. 

When he took off with rhe P 51 all griefs was ended. And superlatives like climbed like an angel , agile and responsive suddenly appeared.

Can it be that the never a bad word against the P 47 among its pilots not really ment it was a great plane.

Clearly when this boy starting to fly it, he was in awe by its size and power. Like any other 19 year old would have been. 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Upvote 1

Itd be interesting if somehow P51Ds had been able to be introduced say early 1943.  I wonder how well they would have performed against a stronger Luftwaffe with many more vets (i e. Before DDay and the Big Week to DDay runup)

Im sure the planes would have done well and it would have solved rsnge issues but I wonder if itd be as much a legend - perhaps it would have taken much more losses and people would be a tad more rational discussing it.

After all if Germany had won the BoB and the war ended there people would be saying the 109 E was the best warbird ever hands down ;)

Well let’s see...those Mustang pilots scored plenty of kills in early 43 in their Jugs. Groups like the 352nd we’re doing just fine. So the answer to your question is that with an earlier introduction of the Mustang they’d likely have scored more kills still/scores improved and the Mustangs reputation would be exactly the same.