Heinz_

Gun sight problem

Hi guys

I have a problem, with the size of my gun sight in the game CLoD. I'm attaching pictures of the gun sight during the game. Does anyone know a solution how to make it smaller after zooming in to the gunsight (loosening your belt), the gunsight goes to normal. 

Thanks20180430131348_1.jpg

The only way I know is either the not clunky at all "lean to gunsight" command or using the Z axis in a headtracker to lean into sight physically. 

Posted (edited)

Hi folks. I'm only a few days old in IL2. Recently installed CLOD BLITZ.

Hope this is an acceptable place for my current 3 queries.

1. Lean in to gunsight: In my Spit (single mission), using an assigned J/S button I can Lean into gunsight perfectly fine - but in my Hurri that same button leans me in initially but then immediately pops out again (even if I hold the button down).

2. Engine cuts: In a multiplayer session, I can start my Hurri & it'll run for a while, maybe a minute or so, but it then cuts - (but now, as of today,  it just doesn't fully start at all). Starts after that will only allow a very short run (like fuel is gone, running on fumes...?).
    Checks:
    Throttle cracked.
    Fuel Cock is in the Main Tank position (& I believe it has fuel in it...? But I've also tried on reserve tank - same.)
    Prop Pitch is fully fine (lever fully forward)
    Mags are both on - even tried pumping... same.

3. Chat: I've mapped R to access the chat window. I hit R to open the chat window, & as soon as I then type an R into a message it immediately sends the partial message (as if R=Enter..... (?)... ).

Anyone help...?

Thx.

Edited by Bill1949

5 hours ago, Bill1949 said:

Hi folks. I'm only a few days old in IL2. Recently installed CLOD BLITZ.

Hope this is an acceptable place for my current 3 queries.

1. Lean in to gunsight: In my Spit (single mission), using an assigned J/S button I can Lean into gunsight perfectly fine - but in my Hurri that same button leans me in initially but then immediately pops out again (even if I hold the button down).

2. Engine cuts: In a multiplayer session, I can start my Hurri & it'll run for a while, maybe a minute or so, but it then cuts - (but now, as of today,  it just doesn't fully start at all). Starts after that will only allow a very short run (like fuel is gone, running on fumes...?).
    Checks:
    Throttle cracked.
    Fuel Cock is in the Main Tank position (& I believe it has fuel in it...? But I've also tried on reserve tank - same.)
    Prop Pitch is fully fine (lever fully forward)
    Mags are both on - even tried pumping... same.

3. Chat: I've mapped R to access the chat window. I hit R to open the chat window, & as soon as I then type an R into a message it immediately sends the partial message (as if R=Enter..... (?)... ).

Anyone help...?

Thx.

- You should not need to use the 'Lean Into Gunsight' button for either the Spit or Hurri... the gunsights are centered, just use the field of view buttons.

- Hurricane Startup:

-  Chocks in

-  Mix to 0%  (what it starts with)

-  Throttle to 12%

-  Open fuel cock to first position

-  Start the engine... allow it to idle for approx. ten seconds, then raise the throttle to 20%.  Wait another approx. 30 seconds until the oil temperature hits 17 degrees.  Open the throttle full in one motion... the engine will run rough for a few seconds then smooth out and run full.  Wait for the oil temps to hit 40 degrees.

-  Reduce throttle to 10%, open radiator to 75%, remove chocks, gently add throtte and taxi, remembering to keep stick back and to use rudder and brakes to steer.

Please read the guide for new players.

Many thx for this Buz. After a lot of looking & checking this afternoon, I did find & correct some of my own settup errors.

I find that 'Lean in....' locks my head to the sight so that the sight doesn't swing about all over the place - so, as a 'baby' of 3 days in IL2, this helps me.

I also now have more success in starting - I think the initial throttle setting must be quite crucial....
I also took note of your startup sequence & will follow that more carefully now, and will check out the guide.

I also sorted out my Chat issuers - again, my own errors and a lack of understanding.

Thx again for all your help - got into my 1st proper battle 2nite & got 2 air-kills - HAPPY wi' that!

• Like 1