AtomicP

BoS always fails to login first time

As the title suggests, when I open BoS and click "Enter", the busy cursor works for a moment before presenting me with an error of either #1 No connection with server or #2 Your connection to Master-Server was temporarily lost. Check your internet connection.

If I hit close and then Enter again, it works fine. This process happens every single time and always works the second time. It's nothing critical, but it's annoying! 

If it helps any, I'm located in the UK and my internet connection is fine (30+ Mbps down) and I've included a screenshot of the error.

It would be nice to just get to the menu screen without having to log in like this each time. Am I missing a trick?

IL-2  Sturmovik  Battle of Stalingrad Screenshot 2018.04.29 - 17.54.14.16.png

Try turning off programs running in the background... ie Nvidia GeForce Experience etc.

Edited by Thad

5 hours ago, Thad said:

Try turning off programs running in the background... ie Nvidia GeForce Experience etc.

I'll give that a go, but it would be a shame if that was the fix; I quite like using ShadowPlay to record my tracks. 

Will update if that works. 

Cheers.

I had the same problem and I solved it in this way:
1. open Windows Firewall
2. look for the entry rules concerning il-2.exe end Launcher.exe
3. clear the duplicates pointing to the same exe files (they're probably created by the Updates)
   (only 1 rule for il-2.exe and Launcher.exe in "1c game" folder and 1 for the Steam folder are necessary).

I have the same issue, ever since I got IL-2 GB in February. I noticed both of the firewall rules are different, one is for UDP protocol and the other for TCP. Tried deleting either one but still no joy with the relogin.

Possible solution to this, I changed from fullscreen to windowed mode to see if it would improve alt-tabbing. No change with the alt-tab but I noticed that this double login is now gone and it will work first time I click 'Enter'. Posting here to see if this helps anyone out  :salute: