Sign in to follow this  
Wanganui_Wildcat

Kittyhawk Down (TAW)

As we prepared for our attack on an airfield and train station we had no idea that en-route we were going to run into the most lethal anti aircraft gun crew in the history of warfare. Their shots were deadly accurate combined with nerves of steal whilst under heavy attack, the crew was nothing short of extraordinary.

Slightly different from my usual, skip to 2:45 if you want to go straight to the action. This video is a test for some new software so any feedback on the quality of sound or video would be much appreciated.

Music by Hidden Citizens, Moonlight Sonata Original composition by Beethoven

Edited by =IL2AUS=Wanganui_Wildcat
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 3

nice video an music.

i think one of the most important leson is.... allways AAA is primary objective.

Nice video. Thx for share.

Not to be rude, honestly,  but...  they did slip up a bit on the AAA suppression. 

8 hours ago, RedEye_Tumu said:

nice video an music.

i think one of the most important leson is.... allways AAA is primary objective.

Nice video. Thx for share.

Thanks, Yeah that is definitely the take away from this disaster!

7 hours ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Not to be rude, honestly,  but...  they did slip up a bit on the AAA suppression. 

Haha just a bit!!

It was not out intended target, it was a front line unit we did not expect to be there and we decided to attack it on a whim. That meant there was no coordination, no division of tasks, No 'dragging' of the AAA, and a terrible outcome. At least it made for a good video, if we'd made it to target it probably would have been boring.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, =IL2AUS=Wanganui_Wildcat said:

It was not out intended target, it was a front line unit we did not expect to be there and we decided to attack it on a whim.

Ah.  That explains it. I did wonder why you decided to attack a target by first flying above it until it started firing at you :blink::biggrin:

3 minutes ago, 56RAF_Roblex said:

Ah.  That explains it. I did wonder why you decided to attack a target by first flying above it until it started firing at you :blink::biggrin:

Haha yeah, it surprised us!