TPReggie

Career mode promotion question.

Hi all, 

I suspect I know the answer to this, but thought I would ask as many of you are more knowledgeable about the game than I am :)

I am really enjoying Career mode offline now and then at the moment, my question is - the game does not seem to keep a log/history of your career - so for example, I cannot check back on the history of my promotions or awards during the campaign - they appear obviously, and I can see my new rank, and the medals I have been awarded, but there doesnt seem to be anywhere where I can see the progress and check the dates of when I was promoted, when I was awarded each medal and so on. 

I assume that is because this isn't there and there is nowhere I can see this - or am I completely missing something that is obvious?

When in the carrer goto the pilot screen and scrool down to the bottom there you can see all the awards of Your pilots with dates and symbols and number of awards received. You can find the pilot carrer at the top center of the day per day campaign evolution of the campaign.

It is extremely well done and the last patch did correct some strangities that are now corrected. and to see your total victory tally goto the suadron HQ screen and there also scrool down.

I hope this is helpfull. :salute:

Edited by senseispcc

Hi Sensei, thanks for the response. I am aware of the awards and where you can see these and the dates they were awarded. My primary question is about the promotions in rank. I get a notification after a mission completion if I have been promoted, and from that mission my rank is updated if I select it - but I cannot see a record anywhere of the dates I received promotions through the campaign - in a similar fashion to the way you can see a history of your awards. 

I was just wondering if there is a history of promotions as well and I am missing it - but to me it looks like their isn't, sadly :(

You can only find dates of promotions in career calender.

I am just missing the part with details of the aircraft you have down, like in ROF. That was pretty immersive, with type of plane, and even the name of the enemy pilot!

I don't miss the pilot name (after all, it's unrealistic to know), but the type of plane you shot down should be there in any case. The current tally with 'light / medium / heavy planes' doesn't really conform to how air victories were reported IRL. It's not about differentiating between E7/F2/F4/G2/G4/G6, or between La-5 and FN, but simply stating you shot shot down a Messerschmidt or a Lavochkin.

Edited by sniperton

What the OP needs is PWCG from Pat Wilson... All those facts are readily available in the pilots log book!

47 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

What the OP needs is PWCG from Pat Wilson... All those facts are readily available in the pilots log book!

Can it be made into a MOD?

10 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Yes, PWCG is what I have used in the past - and it is fantastic :)

Thanks everyone - at least I now know I am not going mad, and I have found all there is to see as regards my virtual pilot's career :salute:

The promotion in rank, in my opinion, is dépendent of results and/or the ratio number of succesfull missions and total number of missions!

If this nimber is high you progress fast. I have 60 succefull missions for 81 missions and I allready am a major even if I refuse to become a squadron leader.

Or is it simply dépendent of the number of missions?! :salute: