Does BAT mod have the same level of graphics and sounds improvements as VP? I'm thinking of downloading it. BAT seems to have everything that VP has + many more

1 hour ago, Arthur-A said:

Does BAT mod have the same level of graphics and sounds improvements as VP? I'm thinking of downloading it. BAT seems to have everything that VP has + many more

Hi, no it hasn´t but you can combine both Mods and BAT is unbeatable with its delivered variety. So if you have interest in jets, ww1 and the pre-ww2 period, you should get BAT. However, be aware that your Il2-1946 will be a hefty 80gigs in size after installing it.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

@sevenless I saw topic on sas1946 about combining both mods. If I combine them, can I run say BAT WAW module together with VP?

Edited by Arthur-A

51 minutes ago, Arthur-A said:

@sevenless I saw topic on sas1946 about combining both mods. If I combine them, can I run say BAT WAW module together with VP?

Hi. I haven´t done that. I run them seperately. One install for BAT and one for VP Modpack. However I think over at the SAS board there certainly are some guys who have combined them and are willing to give some tipps.

• Upvote 1

Which version would you recommend, for online playing? 

I never liked to choose, make two versions if in doubt and have UP 3 on one and HSFX on the other

Hi guys. I have to 1946 mods. The best I can describe is as follows:

[1]UP with TFM412 mods up to number 38.

[2]HSFX V7.03

How does the BAT and VP mods differ from them. Which I would give me the best Korea experience. Sorry for the dumb questions.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:20 AM, Luger1969 said:

Hi guys. I have to 1946 mods. The best I can describe is as follows:

[1]UP with TFM412 mods up to number 38.

[2]HSFX V7.03

How does the BAT and VP mods differ from them. Which I would give me the best Korea experience. Sorry for the dumb questions.

TFM is way old, BAT supersedes TFM, and has jets and maps for Korea. BAT was developed for singleplayer only. BAT has everything from 1914 to modern. I have never used HSFX or VP so I can't say about them.

If you are into just WWII, and have the space on your hard drive, I advise HSFX and VP, don't bother with BAT

Nothing to argue against VP Modpack if WW2 is what drives you most, but HSFX? Why bother with something that's EOL for long time?

Furthermore, "don't bother with BAT" sounds somewhat mean.

Even if you are into WW2 only, BAT holds almost anything that's available in the 1946 world for you, and no one forces you to load any other module but WAW.

The only thing you spend "on top" is a few Gigs HDD space for the other modules, but that's definitely worth it.

Cheers!

Mike

@SAS_Storebror is it me or BAT really looks as good as VP in terms of the eye candy? People say that VP looks better, but I don't see the difference.

I tried BAT... I never used anything other than the WWII stuff, and as I already had HSFX plus VP,  for me, it just was not worth keeping it on the hard drive.

If you want to fly all the other stuff that BAT provides then it may be good for you, but for me, no...

Posted (edited)

Holy shit that VP mod pack is incredible. Might have to fire up 1946 again. Real shame we don't see mods like that for games anymore. I remember mods like that being common place back around the mid 2000's.

Edited by JonRedcorn

On 8/5/2018 at 4:29 PM, PA_Willy said:

+1! 

+2! 🤩

Untitled.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Why do you want to stick on 4.12 when you can fly 4.13.4?

And if you want to have all as bat but for 4.13 just try DGEN by Asura.

Edited by PA_Yren

45 minutes ago, PA_Yren said:

Why do you want to stick on 4.12 when you can fly 4.13.4?

Because nothing beats the quantity and quality of mods available for 4.12.2, hands down.

Asura's DGEN is far from being on the same level like BAT.

:drinks:

Mike

On 8/5/2018 at 5:29 PM, PA_Willy said:

+1!

+3😍😍

YPack contains everything you need to enjoy the IL2 1946

Greetings from the North!!!

Edited by -=PHX=-Keko_

12 hours ago, cardoso1957 said:

The 4.13.3 is fully functional online and includes a lot of improvements.

If you are interested in the wwII, you can use 4.13.3 with Ypack and enjoy. It also includes material from the Spanish Civil War and some early post wwii jet.

...or just stick to 4.12.2m plus BAT or VP Modpack and enjoy anything that IL-2 has to offer, minus the very very very few tiny things 4.13 threw in and which were simply too unimportant to be ported back.

And if you wanna have the utmost full and complete online experience, go get UP3. Yes, UP3. Yes, that thingy thing based on 4.10.1. No joke.

It holds lots of important online features that never made it into any other version.

Just saying.

:drinks:

Mike

10 hours ago, -=PHX=-Trenkos said:

The 4.13.3 is fully functional online and includes a lot of improvements.

If you are interested in the wwII, you can use 4.13.3 with Ypack and enjoy. It also includes material from the Spanish Civil War and some early post wwii jet.

I agree! here you can find:

http://patrulla-azul.com/FreeIL2modding/forum/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=2075

Also in the same web you can find  very good Mods!

Enjoy!!!

Greetings from the North!!!