Sign in to follow this  
PatCartier

IAs & nav lights

The AIs systematically light their navigation lights during the take-off and landing phase.
They do it whatever the circumstances: perfect visibility or attacked terrain.

This is not believable and is harmful to immersion.

Would it be possible to correct this small defect ?
  • Upvote 3

Hello ,

I agree.

The AI position lights that light up during pick-up and take-off phases are not realistic for aircraft operating in a war zone where Blackout is required by security.

Why not have the opportunity to activate and deactivate them in the realism settings as desired by each player.

It's an easy option to put in place.

• Upvote 1

I agree, too, but let's be honest, this is the minor issue during the landing phase. The, by far, larger issue is, that AI, as soon as the nav lights are on, doesn't react on attacking enemy aircrafts. They can fly around your airfield for hours and everything your AI comrades are interested in, is to get a gap for their landing. And the enemies don't show any interest in your squadmates as well, and will only chase you. This whole landing scene should be improved. Another issue, damaged aircrafts should land first, and not circle around until it is their turn or they crash.

EDIT:

On a second thought, I eventually remember, that one or two times my flight leader landed and took off again to help me fighting the enemy fighters. And I eventually remember, that one time one of my 'nav lights on' circling squadmates turned off his nav lights and also joined me in my fight. Plus one time one of the Lagg-3, that were chasing me, turned away from me, to attack one of my circling squadmates. But these are just feelings and as there was never anything mentioned in the DDs or the Update Announcements, it surely is only PLACEBO. But if there was something changed, it would definitely be a step in the right direction.

Edited by Yogiflight
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1