T_O_A_D

IL2 Stopped Responding

This has plagued me through 3 mobo's two GPU's and two HD's.

Is there any reason to why this is still an issue?

And is there a way to check and verify the game files if its is not a Steam Version?

IL2 Stopped.jpg

Have you checked in Windows events viewer to see what it says the error was caused by? Usually (though it depends) you get some sort of indication of what went wrong and where.

No I haven't, I'll look that up and retrain myself on how to access and look at that. Been a long time practically forgot about that feature.

Thanks

I happened twice tonight.

Faulting application name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5ae1ca1a
Faulting module name: pid.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be03a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002d52
Faulting process id: 0x2078
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3df6672980521
Faulting application path: G:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\pid.dll
Report Id: 404f5181-4b5a-11e8-9179-f83441a4d499

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Faulting application name: Il-2.exe, version: 1.0.0.1, time stamp: 0x5ae1ca1a
Faulting module name: pid.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5be03a
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000002d52
Faulting process id: 0x147c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d3df67151ec541
Faulting application path: G:\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\IL-2 Sturmovik Battle of Stalingrad\bin\game\Il-2.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\System32\pid.dll
Report Id: 2e7037d1-4b60-11e8-9179-f83441a4d499

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 4/29/2018, 00:14:43
       Machine name: MUSTANG
   Operating System: Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_ldr_escrow.180330-1600)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
       System Model: Z370 AORUS Gaming 5
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 03/02/18 11:01:23 Ver: 05.0000C
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8600K CPU @ 3.60GHz (6 CPUs), ~3.6GHz
             Memory: 16384MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 16328MB RAM
          Page File: 3973MB used, 28682MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
   User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
 System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
     DxDiag Version: 6.01.7601.17514 64bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
      Display Tab 1: No problems found.
      Display Tab 2: No problems found.
      Display Tab 3: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (retail)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (retail)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (retail)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
          Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
       Manufacturer: NVIDIA
          Chip type: GeForce GTX 970
           DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
         Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_13C2&SUBSYS_85081043&REV_A1
     Display Memory: 3708 MB
   Dedicated Memory: 3992 MB
      Shared Memory: 3812 MB
       Current Mode: 1920 x 1080 (32 bit) (60Hz)
       Monitor Name: Generic PnP Monitor
      Monitor Model: ASUS VE278
         Monitor Id: ACI27F6
        Native Mode: 1920 x 1080(p) (60.000Hz)
        Output Type: DVI
        Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
Driver File Version: 23.21.0013.9077 (English)
     Driver Version: 23.21.13.9077

At first glance, nothing really stands out but I looked up the exception code and that may lead in some different directions.

Basically the advice on the following link is that either you have registry problems (seems unlikely), a virus (always good to do a thorough scan), or an issue with a RAM module:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/id-3376773/windows-error-0xc0000005.html

You can run a test on your RAM via setting up Memtest. I've had to do that a few times. Usually it takes several runs (and a few hours worth of testing) to get a sense on if the memory is fine or if there are potential problems.

https://www.memtest86.com/

There's always the possibility that its not the RAM module itself and its something else say on the motherboard but that's a whole other level. Start small and start eliminating possibilities. You said you've been through 3 mobos, 2 gpus, and a couple of HDDs. Normal upgrade path for you or was there some sort of problem a long the way? Same RAM modules the whole time or did they change too?

I was saying in another thread that applications like IL-2 push your hardware to their maximums. Hardware may operate "fine" in other applications that don't push as hard but when you get something like a flight sim where it tries to max your RAM, your CPU, and your GPU all at once, its like running a stress test on the system. If all is working at 100% of specification then you're fine but if its not then you tend to find out.

Edited by ShamrockOneFive

Thanks Shamrock,

Normal upgrades through the years, This last upgrade was a Mobo, Ram, CPU, But like I said it has happened with at least three upgrades, and a number of reinstall of the game.

Only thing I could possibly point at is I still use Win7 for gaming and this new CPU is not allowing Normal Microsoft updates anymore. But the older equipment did. So I personally think that is not the problem. I have a duel boot to WIN10 I could reinstall the game to be seen in that atmosphere and try it. 

As for a the game being a resource hog, this error only happens in the menu or when it is loading the map, or right after the map loads. As my specs above show this build is no slouch, my GTX 970 is the bottle neck by only 15% and once in the game I can run it full switch on graphics and maintain a solid 60fps with vsync on.

2 hours ago, T_O_A_D said:

Only thing I could possibly point at is I still use Win7 for gaming and this new CPU is not allowing Normal Microsoft updates anymore. But the older equipment did. So I personally think that is not the problem. I have a duel boot to WIN10 I could reinstall the game to be seen in that atmosphere and try it. 

Have you ever tried a complete reinstall of Windows on a formatted drive (not an OS upgrade)? 

If all the hardware has been changed at least once, a broken operating system is the only thing that I can think of. 

I would also try running the game on a stock Windows installation with very minimal software (e.g. only download a graphics driver and install the game). That would eliminate any strange software issues. If it still doesn’t work well, you can be quite certain that there is a hardware problem.

Unless the hardware or software is broken, Il-2 shouldn’t crash like that. I know that your system should easily run the game without performance issues. 

Edited by Mitthrawnuruodo

Yes every time I upgrade a Motherboard I do a complete reinstall of the software onto the HD, this has been happening on an old spinner HD and now my SolidState one.

Have you tried launching the game using Launcher.exe ? It is supposed to automatically update the game upon launch.

The only time I had the error message I ended up completely deleting the game and re-downloaded it using the sites downloadable Setup. But that was some time ago. 😐

Hello sir how you doing. I am a student and i have faced same issue the application was unable to start correctly (0xc0000005) when i starting the game. Th problem can be 

• The memory of the computer is low or damaged
  • The system is infected by a virus, malware, and spyware
  • Improper system hardware configuration
  • Data Execution Security Feature
  • Error appearance due to corrupted files

In my case corrupted files were the reason. I have did a simple google search that helped me. May be they will help you to

here are some helpful links

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-application-was-unable-to-start-correctly/84abc6b7-d189-4bdf-a93e-a90f06479d9f

https://www.errorcodeshelp.com/0xc0000005/

Edited by eminem1392