Sign in to follow this  
Poochnboo

Allied Pilot Models

Hopefully, this isn't a stupid question. But I can't help asking it. Will the American and British planes, in Bodenplatte, be getting new pilots? The reason I ask, is that in IL-2 1946, they used the same big headed pilots in every airplane, regardless of it's country of origin, for the whole life of the sim. Modders worked to make new pilot models, but the default pilots never changed.

I doubt if that will happen here, but just to be sure...we will have he correct pilots in the new planes, right? I just don't want a Russian pilot flying my P-47. 

• Upvote 1

So far, Russian dressed pilots for Russian planes.

Luftwaffe attired pilots for German planes.... I pretty much think they will put RAF, and American pilots in the correct planes as well... 

We currently have four different pilots in Il-2. Furthermore, Flying Circus art suggests that developers are interested in fancy, faction-specific pilot models. Therefore, I think it’s reasonable to expect new pilots for western aircraft. 

I can't remember which WW2 flightsim it was in, but when you flew above 10000 ft your pilot would be shown wearing an oxygen mask, then when descending below this level it would disappear. That would be a cool thing to have in BoX series.

That's from the original IL2... Jason said they would look into it at some stage I believe.

4 hours ago, Poochnboo said:

Hopefully, this isn't a stupid question. But I can't help asking it. Will the American and British planes, in Bodenplatte, be getting new pilots? The reason I ask, is that in IL-2 1946, they used the same big headed pilots in every airplane, regardless of it's country of origin, for the whole life of the sim. Modders worked to make new pilot models, but the default pilots never changed.

I doubt if that will happen here, but just to be sure...we will have he correct pilots in the new planes, right? I just don't want a Russian pilot flying my P-47. 

I don't think its a stupid question :)

Yeah that was an issue back for IL-2: 1946. It was never programed to work any other way. I think the IL-2: Great Battles series always had a little more flexibility built in from the start and/or the team seems to be more willing to do these kinds of small details make big impacts type work.

I hope for American and British pilot models and corresponding voice overs to go.

3 hours ago, Hals said:

I can't remember which WW2 flightsim it was in, but when you flew above 10000 ft your pilot would be shown wearing an oxygen mask, then when descending below this level it would disappear. That would be a cool thing to have in BoX series.

IL-2: Forgotten Battles (perhaps earlier) did this. It's on Jason's big picture list which I actually just did a recap on: https://stormbirds.blog/2018/04/26/thoughts-on-il-2s-bigger-picture-in-2018/

Edited by ShamrockOneFive