Sign in to follow this  
Buzzsaw

Pre-Warmed Engines

Hello All

I know this has been an issue for all those who like to be able to jump in their aircraft and go...

One of our coders, (Thanks Xoriguer! :thumbsup: ) has created a new pre-warmed option... I let him explain:

...there is an initial implementation of engine pre-warming on spawn, if an air group is marked as "Scramble" (in FMB or directly in the .mis), the aircraft will spawn with engines on and temperature set to nominal...

Note:  This applies to Singleplayer too... so Campaigns can start with the pilot in a revetment or hanger, and he would not have to warm up his engine... and would not have the current problem of not being able to keep up with the AI.

We are currently testing this... and will be added to TF 4.5 when possible... (no time guarantee)

Xoriguer is also working on our overheat modeling... this was something left over from the engine revisions and which we want to implement for TF 5.0.

Cheers  :salute:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Nice!!! I gave up on the Beaufighter because it took way too long 15-20 minutes or so just to take off...it could be extremely frustrating.

I might fly more once we can fly with pre warmed engines again.

Edited by =FEW=Hauggy

That's a nice addition.

Has the air spawn facing direction for air spawn points been fixed? Previously, any air spawn point for multiplayer always pointed the player North. Was this fixed in 4.5? Could this coder make an adjustment there as well to allow mission designers to designate the facing direction of aircraft that use air spawns?

On 4/30/2018 at 9:47 AM, No.401_Wolverine said:

That's a nice addition.

Has the air spawn facing direction for air spawn points been fixed? Previously, any air spawn point for multiplayer always pointed the player North. Was this fixed in 4.5? Could this coder make an adjustment there as well to allow mission designers to designate the facing direction of aircraft that use air spawns?

Thanks for your comments.

As far as I know the direction of facing has not been adjusted... we will look at the possibility of adding this.

Not exactly related to engine startup, warmup, but in early CloD exist a option for spawn (in SP) on runway with engines off (option that exist in IL-2:46 and BoS), but this option vanished after some patches.

Is not possible bring this option back?

Is specially useful for one that want fly missions starting engines but, but without deal with the PITA CLoD taxi.

Any news on this feature? I just wanted to hop into a Beaufighter today and it quickly became a very annoying and dissuasive chore to warm up those damn engines.

4 hours ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

Any news on this feature? I just wanted to hop into a Beaufighter today and it quickly became a very annoying and dissuasive chore to warm up those damn engines.

Should be in the next bugfix patch.

• Like 1

Just now, Buzzsaw said:

Thank you good sir!

At Last!!! Someone has LISTENED...……….and not before time!!!

13 hours ago, Buzzsaw said:

Thank you hopefully soon (not in 3 months)

Correction:

Looks like the pre-warmed engines will be the next patch after the upcoming one.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, No.85_Camm said:

will the updates come out before TF7?

Steady, we haven't even seen TF5 yet.