Rottweiler

1-2 seconds of game freeze

Some missions in my career I get these lock ups. For instance in one of the missions there were 3 groups of PE-2's in my German career and as I would dive down the moment I fire my guns the game just locks up for a couple seconds and comes back to some real bad lag for about 10-15 seconds after that.

I have a GTX 1060 6GB and an AMD FX 8320 OC'd to 4.2ghz with 12gb of RAM. I never had this happen before the career patch went live.

Is it my CPU bottle necking the game? Not sure what's going on since this is the first time this has happened since the patch. I would like to stop crashing into PE-2's from lagging out.

Thanks for any help.

45 minutes ago, PRML_Hammerzeit said:

Some missions in my career I get these lock ups. For instance in one of the missions there were 3 groups of PE-2's in my German career and as I would dive down the moment I fire my guns the game just locks up for a couple seconds and comes back to some real bad lag for about 10-15 seconds after that.

I have a GTX 1060 6GB and an AMD FX 8320 OC'd to 4.2ghz with 12gb of RAM. I never had this happen before the career patch went live.

Is it my CPU bottle necking the game? Not sure what's going on since this is the first time this has happened since the patch. I would like to stop crashing into PE-2's from lagging out.

Thanks for any help.

Perhaps the same thing that is giving me base-station flashes in VR. It's not my computer I know that, as DCS is performing better than it ever has.Like you for me this problem appeared after the second patch, but it might not be the same thing.

I currently have GTX 970 and AMD FX8350 4.3ghz and 12GB RAM.

I was getting a lot of career lag, freezing frames and all sorts. But I have managed to sort all the issues by putting the game onto an SSD, However I still get a lot of big freezes when starting at an airfield. What is look around in every direction and then it works perfectly smooth even on bomber intercepts or anything with a lot of action. I don't believe your CPU is a bottleneck as the 8320 is just a under clocked 8350 and my game is super smooth. I hope this helps in some way.

54 minutes ago, Wolf8312 said:

Is it my CPU bottle necking the game?

That's a reasonable suspicion. In certain situations, the AMD FX will be a bottleneck. Of course, the magnitude of the performance loss depends on many factors. Large bomber formations are close to the worst-case scenario.

However, weak CPUs alone usually don't cause extremely long freezes ("a couple of seconds"). In my opinion, it would be a good idea to investigate the other possibilities. Before you decide to replace your CPU, make sure that everything else is working well. 

I don't have the funds to replace my cpu, since the only logical upgrade from here would be a ryzen or go with intel, since I would have to buy a new mobo and ram anyway.

I will try the SSD, not sure how the drive would cause a graphical freeze but I will try it none the less. Thanks!

24 minutes ago, PRML_Hammerzeit said:

I don't have the funds to replace my cpu, since the only logical upgrade from here would be a ryzen or go with intel, since I would have to buy a new mobo and ram anyway.

I will try the SSD, not sure how the drive would cause a graphical freeze but I will try it none the less. Thanks!

For me I believe the freezing and stutter was due to loading from the hard drive e.g. textures or objects and just wasn't loading fast enough from my standard game drive. Running the SSD sorted all that. In a completely unrelated game ARMA 3, which is known for these sorts of issues especially on AMD FX CPUS, I can play this now I had 60fps and 30fps with lots going on but was unplayable due to the same issues I had here in IL-2. I now play with the same FPS but with no freezes or stutters. I can't promise it will help you but it sorted all my issues that I was experiencing with this game.

Its happening to me too in VR and before the latest patch was running super smooth.

I have a powerful PC and this never happened before.