SYN_Requiem

Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 6 October 2018

Hi Requiem, could you make a tutorial about San Giorgio gunsight for Mc 202?

Many thanks in advance

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Hi Requiem, could you make a tutorial about San Giorgio gunsight for Mc 202?

Many thanks in advance

I can Rani but I haven't focused on footage for it as it's a little obscure since not many people fly the Macchi, so it may take a little bit as I have a few other videos to get out. In the meantime though I've updated the Deflection Shooting guide to include the Sans Giorgio Tipo A sight rings, so you can download the updated guide from the link below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4kl8jgkouw8wqb/Angle Off Charts.pdf?dl=0

Tipo A Rings.png

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

Hi guys, I have been trying Requiem's TrackIR profile but it gets locked at 150º or less.

Is this normal?

Edited by Al-Azraq

5 hours ago, Al-Azraq said:

Hi guys, I have been trying Requiem's TrackIR profile but it gets locked at 150º or less.

Is this normal?

I created that so the head wouldn't swivel too far basically. I've been tweaking my profile recently and plan on releasing the new one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SYN_Requiem said:

I created that so the head wouldn't swivel too far basically. I've been tweaking my profile recently and plan on releasing the new one.

Thanks Requiem, looking forward to it. Love your videos by the way, as a noob they have been an invaluable source of knowledge.

• Thanks 1

Fokker Dr.1 video out today. I know I made a similar kind of thing waaaay back in Rise of Flight days but now that I'm actually a professional pilot I felt these deserve a refresh with higher quality moving forward with Flying Circus.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

Great job! Are you going to make it also with the Tank Crew? I love your tutorials. They should be made official and integrated into the game!

27 minutes ago, PA_Spartan- said:

Great job! Are you going to make it also with the Tank Crew? I love your tutorials. They should be made official and integrated into the game!

I have played around with the two basic tanks but I don't plan on buying Tank Crew. It's not an area I really know much about to be honest and I'm not sure I have the free time to invest into learning it and do tutorials about tanking justice. If I did one it would be something super simple like what controls to know to get started. My channel focuses on flying/air combat and there are many treadheads out there with great knowledge and experience who could teach fighting in tanks much better than me.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
Morning! Just another question about TrackIR

By understanding the curves and settings I improved the profile a lot. Also getting used to it.

But, I was detecting that when I checked my surroundings or performed some sudden moves, the game did not came back to the center when looking forward. I was always resting the center.

Tried disabling true view in TIR software and this solved the problem completely but now when I check my 6 obviously it does not move naturally (this is the purpose of true view) and I have to move my head like in a mirror.

Is there any way to solve the not centering correctly problem without disabling true view?
Edited by Al-Azraq

8 hours ago, Al-Azraq said:
Morning! Just another question about TrackIR

By understanding the curves and settings I improved the profile a lot. Also getting used to it.

But, I was detecting that when I checked my surroundings or performed some sudden moves, the game did not came back to the center when looking forward. I was always resting the center.

Tried disabling true view in TIR software and this solved the problem completely but now when I check my 6 obviously it does not move naturally (this is the purpose of true view) and I have to move my head like in a mirror.

Is there any way to solve the not centering correctly problem without disabling true view?

I'm not sure. I don't use TrueView because I felt like it made the tracking weird.

10 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

I'm not sure. I don't use TrueView because I felt like it made the tracking weird.

I disabled it as well and it works much better. Just that when you check your 6 it works the opposite. If you want to check right, you lean left, and if you want to check left you lean right. I will get used to it.

On 7/23/2018 at 2:12 PM, SYN_Requiem said:

It seems to make the head swivel like it's on a arm or with your neck weirdly extended out, does the same thing in opentrack. I tried fiddling with other options but nothing seemed to fix it.

BFM #8 Finished (#7 is Rolling Scissors and still being worked on, but releasing out of order at this point is fine)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Another video in the Deflection Shooting series covering the N-3A gunsight found in the P-39 and P-40 is complete:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hello Requiem, I´ve found your shooting videos to be immensly helpfull but have a hard time remembering the mils of the different gunsights :wacko:. Do you have a quick reference guide for those somewhere by chance?

6 hours ago, Psyrion said:

Hello Requiem, I´ve found your shooting videos to be immensly helpfull but have a hard time remembering the mils of the different gunsights :wacko:. Do you have a quick reference guide for those somewhere by chance?

No I don't...BUT that's a great idea. I've updated the gunnery supplement PDF to include those details (it's still available in the original post in this thread too):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s4kl8jgkouw8wqb/Angle%20Off%20Charts.pdf?dl=0

• Thanks 1

Requiem, I wanted to thank you for making and sharing all of these great tutorials. Today, I watched your P40E familiarization tutorial, really helped me a lot. Thanks again! S!

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NewGuy_ said:

Requiem, I wanted to thank you for making and sharing all of these great tutorials. Today, I watched your P40E familiarization tutorial, really helped me a lot. Thanks again! S!

Glad to have helped out Newguy, hope you're enjoying IL-2 as much as RoF :)

New video out covering some Anti Shipping in the A-20:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

5 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

Yet another outstanding video, Requiem! I will definitely refer to this great video when I pick up Kuban. The A-20 looks like a lot of fun.

I am absolutely loving IL2, every bit as much as ROF. And, I am loving my brand new P40 collector plane. What a great ride! The P40 reminds me of the ROF Pfalz DIIIa, only the P40 is a lot faster and has six devastatingly powerful machine guns. S! MJ 

On 9/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, SYN_Requiem said:

Now you are just showing off jinking all over in that bad boy.

• Haha 1

As one of the all-time greatest  resources for IL-2, I want to thank you for all you've given us.  You are always my first reference choice.

Still waiting for those tank tutorials, however.

13 hours ago, mpdugas said:

As one of the all-time greatest  resources for IL-2, I want to thank you for all you've given us.  You are always my first reference choice.

Still waiting for those tank tutorials, however.

Thanks mpdugas, but tanks are simply not my specialty. I've mentioned before that I'm sure there are people out there who really know tanking that can do better work on it than I could. It would be difficult for me to make content that would satisfy them by being accurate enough. It's a long process to make my flying content good enough for public release, so I can't imagine throwing tanking into the mix which I know next to nothing about.

Many thanks Requiem, your vids are a primary source to everyone that wants to improve his skills. Do you planned to make some vids about plane trimming? I do not think I have seen any about the subject in Youtube. It would be great!!

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Requiem... anything coming on the G-14?

There's a tutorial for the G-14 on Requiem's youtube for quite some time.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Trooper117 said:

Many thanks!

You're welcome.

Have a nice day.

:salute: