Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 26 Feb 2021

1 hour ago, jerryb said:

Hi Lonestar, it is in the profiles folder and all the other profiles in the same folder show up in the prog but not Requiem's.  I'm puzzled, which happens a lot.

At the risk of seeming too basic...you have unzipped it right? If its still a .zip file then the file will be there but you wont be able to use it in TIR

New video covering Instrument flight. Between all my RL flying and the difficulty of sequencing the technique showing eye movement in the video this one took a while. Instrument flying is something you can take for granted in a combat sim like this until you legitimately have them as your sole reference.

Cheers!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Hi again, still no joy, deleted the file from profiles, unzipped it again and put it in profiles and it is there but not showing up in the prog, should be between one 2 one and smooth.  I've included a shot of the file opened in notepad.

TIR.png

profiles.png

Requiem.png

NaturalPoint TrackIR creates two "Profile" folder locations when it installs. The one you show in your post is not the one TrackIR uses. The folder TrackIR will use is located in your

Local Disk (C:)> Users > "Your User Name" > AppData > Roaming > NaturalPoint > TrackIR 5 > Profiles. 

If you cannot see the folders/files, they may be hidden. Select the "View" tab at the top of Windows File Explorer. On the upper right side of File Explorer select "Hidden items."

I believe this was a change that NaturalPoint made with version 5.

Theirs your problem 

TIR did not create that folder during install or it was removed somehow.

Back up your TIR profile folder and uninstall and reinstall TIR, then copy over the saved profile back into the TIR folder. then copy Requiem profil;e into the user data roaming TIR folder.

fire up TIR and look for the profile.

Should be there.

Or you can try to copy thy TIR profile folder out of TIR folder and copy direct into the user/data / roaming /tir folder

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

Excellent, thank you.

Goood thing you have a military controller. My local guys would have a word about your “curvy” base to final turn ;)

😂

I've come to prefer flying the curved base-final turn in these airplanes in the sim, but in RL unless I'm practicing a power off 180° landing I'd stick with the square base-final in tricycle gear airplanes. One day when I get to fly a taildragger for real I'll see what I prefer for those!

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2018 at 4:53 PM, OCA_LoneStar said:

NaturalPoint TrackIR creates two "Profile" folder locations when it installs. The one you show in your post is not the one TrackIR uses. The folder TrackIR will use is located in your

Local Disk (C:)> Users > "Your User Name" > AppData > Roaming > NaturalPoint > TrackIR 5 > Profiles. 

If you cannot see the folders/files, they may be hidden. Select the "View" tab at the top of Windows File Explorer. On the upper right side of File Explorer select "Hidden items."

I believe this was a change that NaturalPoint made with version 5.

Massive thanks to @OCA_LoneStar for this information, I didn't know of this file/folder path for TrackiR so was unable to use @SYN_Requiem brilliant TrackiR profile. I faffed about for ages trying to get it to work, I had the profile in the wrong place until I read this post. The profile has improved my flying fun immensely. I can almost shoot stuff down now ;) thank you very much indeed for these excellent tutorials.

Kind Regards,

MDS1

Do German airplanes have a downtime to allow ATA 1.3 again?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like a FW 190 A-8 video.

Thank you in advance!

Edited by 3./JG15_HansPhilipp
On 1/1/2019 at 8:44 PM, 3./JG15_HansPhilipp said:

Do German airplanes have a downtime to allow ATA 1.3 again?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would like a FW 190 A-8 video.

Thank you in advance!

Saw your question on YouTube. I'll work on the Fw 190 A-8 too. Kind of forgot about that one to be honest...

A new video for Bender's challenge showing a more successful attempt than seen before from Mrs Requiem at flying...and with zero instruction.

• Like 3

Those out takes were brilliant, made me laugh out loud!

On the other hand, it's a perfect example of people who buy a flight sim, try to get to grips with it, fail dismally, bin it because it seems to difficult and never play it again...

I wonder how many hundreds, if not thousands have gone through that routine.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, Panp said:

Lol 😂 I about peed myself I was laughing so hard, tell her to hang in there and she will get it.   

She's someone who isn't all that interested in flying and actually holds a little fear when it comes it in RL, but I've taken her up a couple of times in a Cessna 172 when I was instructing and that has helped her since then.

2 hours ago, Trooper117 said:

Those out takes were brilliant, made me laugh out loud!

On the other hand, it's a perfect example of people who buy a flight sim, try to get to grips with it, fail dismally, bin it because it seems to difficult and never play it again...

I wonder how many hundreds, if not thousands have gone through that routine.

She was laughing out loud too when the video was done...when it was being made not so much. There was some other choice words though 😉 I'm hoping that when I have her flying again with me in the back on my laptop teaching it can help people out who are new to the whole thing as I'll treat her as a "zero time student" so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

The last few months I haven't flown MP very much, but I've had people ask for some more MP videos so here is one from the other day. This includes our live communications from the flight instead of a voiceover.

Cheers.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

I'm afraid you've lost me with that term...

At a ball usually the man would talk to the lady and request a dance from her. Later in the evening, though, "Damenwahl" (Ladies' choice / Lady's choice) might have been called, reversing this then socially established order. In Luftwaffen-lingo: Change of Flight Lead. :biggrin:

+ Thank you for all your great contributions here, Requiem. :salute:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, JG4_dingsda said:

At a ball usually the man would talk to the lady and request a dance from her. Later in the evening, though, "Damenwahl" (Ladies' choice / Lady's choice) might have been called, reversing this then socially established order. In Luftwaffen-lingo: Change of Flight Lead. :biggrin:

+ Thank you for all your great contributions here, Requiem. :salute:

Oh I get it now, thanks! From my understanding there is a difference between being a flight lead and the positions in a formation,  so you can swap roles of positions 1,2,3,4 etc but flight lead still remains the same pilot retaining overall control. Kind of like a mother in law at that dance! 😁

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, SYN_Requiem said:

From my understanding there is a difference between being a flight lead and the positions in a formation,  so you can swap roles of positions 1,2,3,4 etc but flight lead still remains the same pilot retaining overall control. Kind of like a mother in law at that dance!

:biggrin: You are right, of course.

@SYN_Requiem Just to say a big thank you for all the work you've put into your tutorials (and your colleagues) they've genuinely helped me massively, to the point that I suprised some friends with my ability to stick to a 109 like glue despite it attempting to get away, sadly I can't shoot for toffee but at least my flight principles are good 😄

2 hours ago, Melonfish said:

@SYN_Requiem Just to say a big thank you for all the work you've put into your tutorials (and your colleagues) they've genuinely helped me massively, to the point that I suprised some friends with my ability to stick to a 109 like glue despite it attempting to get away, sadly I can't shoot for toffee but at least my flight principles are good 😄

Hey @Melonfish you're very welcome! I never get tired of hearing about the success stories, it makes everything worth it 😁

For the shooting I have several deflection shooting videos but you've probably seen them lol It will just take some practice and plenty of throwing yourself into different situations so you can get used to the different sight pictures you encounter.

New vid: continuing some of the two ship formation stuff showing how to rejoin a formation and how to overshoot the rejoin if you screw it up.

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4
  • Requiem changed the title to Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 26 Feb 2021