Requiem

Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 19 June 2020

On 10/8/2019 at 10:42 PM, SYN_Requiem said:

My Nvidia control panel is standard, no adjustments. Additionally, I have a Freesync monitor which is one that is compatible with G-Sync which helps with frame rate smoothness.

@SYN_Requiem Actually, can you post your nVidia CP settings in here anyway, please?

And also your IL2 Cameras and Control Devices settings too, pretty please :)

Thank you!

Edited by adonys

19 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

My Nvidia control panel is standard, no adjustments. Additionally, I have a Freesync monitor which is one that is compatible with G-Sync which helps with frame rate smoothness.

Requiem Oct 2019.zip 1.08 kB · 35 downloads

612662742_GFXSettings.thumb.jpg.194050cbbead57e9aaa2db0dfa64aecf.jpg

158864941_TIRsettings.png.62f6300aa0971bab6b2a6203f75971d7.png

Sorry, Master, but I just noticed that you didn't activate the TrueView option - is there any reason why? Thank you.

On 10/9/2019 at 10:41 AM, -=-THERION said:

Sorry, Master, but I just noticed that you didn't activate the TrueView option - is there any reason why? Thank you.

Because TrueView is garbage. It plays havoc and seems to reverse where I want to look once I start looking behind me so I never want to use it

On 10/9/2019 at 10:21 AM, adonys said:

@SYN_Requiem Actually, can you post your nVidia CP settings in here anyway, please?

And also your IL2 Cameras and Control Devices settings too, pretty please :)

Thank you!

Nvidia.thumb.jpg.2e922a6b15810ca5ccd0cfc4be903d8d.jpgCameras.thumb.jpg.7339809bdb73616cabf74816ead05707.jpg1139400885_ControlDevices.thumb.jpg.993cfbe5221016402d8f2f1abfefc66f.jpg

2 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Guys antialiasing at 4 is a FPS eater...

So ... what do you suggest?

I have a 1060 video card and have in game AA set to 4 and I'm pegged at 60fps, never goes below that either, no matter what altitude anywhere on any map............. have a Intel i7-8700-K processor.....  I have my fps in game set to 60 also, no stutters, no nothing...........  I wish I could make video's so you could see how smooth it is with TIR, no shake, no jitter...

DCS is another story............. runs about 40 - 60 fps on that game............ I don't play it very often though..........

Hoss

Edited by 361st_Hoss

1 hour ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

So ... what do you suggest?

I had 4 before in game

..with 2...I v encreased the fps ( now Iv around 60 fps)

Edited by ITAF_Rani

3 hours ago, ITAF_Rani said:

Guys antialiasing at 4 is a FPS eater...

I try and max how the game looks as I have a RTX 2070 (and I still get annoying aliasing making it hard to spot targets sometimes). People were just interested in what my settings were is all. By all means if you get low FPS make the adjustments as needed for your system.

1 hour ago, 361st_Hoss said:

I have a 1060 video card and have in game AA set to 4 and I'm pegged at 60fps, never goes below that either, no matter what altitude anywhere on any map............. have a Intel i7-8700-K processor.....  I have my fps in game set to 60 also, no stutters, no nothing...........  I wish I could make video's so you could see how smooth it is with TIR, no shake, no jitter...

DCS is another story............. runs about 40 - 60 fps on that game............ I don't play it very often though..........

Hoss

Same. Super smooth on my end even when streaming live gameplay. I might have lucked out with the settings I used to not get any stutters.

...and before I forget...

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I also have RTH2070 but using three monitors, had to cut a draw distance and made clouds look  "worse"...but never had les than 58 fps.

Can you show me your full settings window. Do you use one or more monitors?

3 hours ago, RaffyXXX said:

I also have RTH2070 but using three monitors, had to cut a draw distance and made clouds look  "worse"...but never had les than 58 fps.

Can you show me your full settings window. Do you use one or more monitors?

Sorry I don't know what else I can show. Everything I've put up is all I know that's relevant for graphics settings.

I only use 1 monitor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trooper117 said:

Requiem, are you planning to do your 'learn to fly' video's for the Bristol Fighter and the CL.2?

I think he's away at the moment, visiting family in OZ I believe...

• Upvote 1

On 11/9/2019 at 9:25 AM, Trooper117 said:

Requiem, are you planning to do your 'learn to fly' video's for the Bristol Fighter and the CL.2?

I am. I've just been lazy and doing other things... 😂

On 11/9/2019 at 10:49 AM, Raptorattacker said:

I think he's away at the moment, visiting family in OZ I believe...

...like this :) I got back in the US on Friday, but before that I hadn't been home to Australia since 2012 so I was well overdue to see family.

• Like 2

I completed this video before I left for my upgrade class, but had a couple of things to add to it so had to release it today. This is the last video until after I get done with my training (although I may fly a little MP here and there).

Cheers!

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

Just watched it - very surprising! Look forward to trying the technique. Thanks to you and Raptorattacker :drinks:.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/14/2019 at 4:20 PM, 361st_Hoss said:

Hoss

mind sharing your settings?

Got a couple of videos done as I'm starting to get back in the swing of things again. Cheers :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
On 10/11/2019 at 6:53 AM, SYN_Requiem said:

Because TrueView is garbage. It plays havoc and seems to reverse where I want to look once I start looking behind me so I never want to use it

I am bit confused. You mean when you are looking behind you (5 o'clock) and you tilt toward window you get the opposite i.e. you tilting away from the window? Actually you get that reversed tilt when TrueView is OFF (unticked). And when TrueView is ON you don't get that reversed issue when you check you six and tilting toward window inside a cockpit.

I downloaded your TrackIR profile (oct 2019) and yes, I have this inverted look when I check my six and tilt toward window. I wonder why you don't have that inverted look with TrueView OFF.

To make it clear let me get into details. Lets say I have your profile in TrackIR, TrueView is OFF and I am in the game. I am inside a cockpit and I am looking at 12 o'clock. I want to check my 5 o'clock. I start rotate my real head to the right until my game head starts to look exactly at 5 o'clock. Then I tilt my real head to the LEFT so my game head would lean to a cockpit's window. But with TrueView OFF I will get the opposite - my game head tilts away from the cockpit's window. In order to make it work I need to turn TrueView ON. TrueView makes that tilt axis rotate along with your head movement and that makes that sort of 'realistic' lean to window possible. Thats why we have this thing and thats why it is named like that.

And I wonder why you seem to don't have this 'reversed look when looking behind' issue with TrueView OFF.

Here is the explanation of TrueView mode from NaturalPoint (developers of TrackIR)

Spoiler

TrueView

TrueView takes virtual rotation (yaw, pitch, roll) into account when applying physical translation (x, y, z) movements. This allows you to turn your head to one side, lean toward the monitor, and have your in-game view zoom in the direction you are virtually facing. Disabling TrueView results in physical translation superseding virtual rotation, so that moving toward the monitor physically always moves the in-game view straight ahead, making it impossible to zoom in any direction other than straight ahead.

Edited by KylerHolland
  • Thanks 1

Glad to see another debrief, I was hoping they'd be back.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KylerHolland said:

I am bit confused. You mean when you are looking behind you (5 o'clock) and you tilt toward window you get the opposite i.e. you tilting away from the window? Actually you get that reversed tilt when TrueView if OFF (unticked). And when TrueView in ON you don't that reversed issue when you check you six and tilting toward window inside a cockpit.

I downloaded your TrackIR profile (oct 2019) and yes, I have this inverted look when I check my six and tilt toward window. I wonder why you don't have that inverted look with TrueView OFF.

To make it clear let me get into details. Lets say I have your profile in TrackIR, TrueView is OFF and I am in the game. I am inside a cockpit and I am looking at 12 o'clock. I want to check my 5 o'clock. I start rotate my real head to the right until my game head starts to look exactly at 5 o'clock. Then I tilt my real head to the LEFT so my game head would lean to a cockpit's window. But with TrueView OFF I will get the opposite - my game head tilts away from the cockpit's window. In order to make it work I need to turn TrueView ON. TrueView makes that tilt axis rotate along with your head movement and that makes that sort of 'realistic' lean to window possible. Thats why we have this thing and thats why it is named like that.

And I wonder why you seem to don't have this 'reversed look when looking behind' issue with TrueView OFF.

Here is the explanation of TrueView mode from NaturalPoint (developers of TrackIR)

Hide contents

TrueView

TrueView takes virtual rotation (yaw, pitch, roll) into account when applying physical translation (x, y, z) movements. This allows you to turn your head to one side, lean toward the monitor, and have your in-game view zoom in the direction you are virtually facing. Disabling TrueView results in physical translation superseding virtual rotation, so that moving toward the monitor physically always moves the in-game view straight ahead, making it impossible to zoom in any direction other than straight ahead.

I could have a look at it again, but it's just that whenever I used it it felt like my in game position was moving in the wrong direction when looking behind me, so maybe it's just my technique when I look around that screws up how it's intended to work. When I check my 5 o'clock for example I lean my body to the right and turn my head at the same time as I would in the real airplane. I wouldn't turn my head, wait, then move my body. The last time I remember trying True view, whenever I tried leaning into the canopy while checking behind me the view would move the wrong way.

If Trueview works for you then that's great! I'll give it another try today and see how it goes. Like I said, my recollection of why I didn't like it may be wrong and it could just have been my technique. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, FlyingShark said:

Glad to see another debrief, I was hoping they'd be back.

Have a nice day.

Thanks FS, yeah I wanted to get one done even though it's a compilation of older footage. I've got to delete like 70Gb of dogfight footage I was planning on using for debriefs now due to the new G model LOL

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SYN_Requiem said:

If Trueview works for you then that's great!

Actually it does not work well as well :) 

TrueView has a 'snap to center' bug that usually appears when you move your real head from 6 o'clock to 12 o'clock in a relatively fast way.

Here is a gif from TrackIR that shows this thing (that fast snap to center at the end when head is moving back to 12 o'clock)

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif.23181feffdd2965230756fe30b4995ef.gif.3eebceb94bf4e337d84080d718b44c5f.gif

Disabling TrueView eliminates the issue. This is not related to deadzones.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

If you want to see my wife fly with me giving some instruction from the backseat, here it is:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, SYN_Requiem said:

If you want to see my wife fly with me giving some instruction from the backseat

Brilliant! I left you a comment on YT. Made me grin uncontrollably mate!!

Stay well

Rap

;)

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

On video's thumbnail there is a sign in russian at the side of the plane's fuselage:

Брейс для "Посадка!"

It does not make sense at all. I am russian and it is senseless to me. Just in case if someone is curious about it.

Edited by KylerHolland

1 hour ago, KylerHolland said:

On video's thumbnail there is a sign in russian at the side of the plane's fuselage:

Брейс для "Посадка!"

It does not make sense at all. I am russian and it is senseless to me. Just in case if someone is curious about it.

It's a result of the perils when using google translate. I put in "Brace for impact" and that was the result.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Haha, ok!:) 

In Russia there is no specific term for the Brace for Impact pose. Took me a while to come up with an equal words for it. The closest words in terms of meaning would be:

Принять защитную позу при посадке!

Literally: Take safety posture for landing!

By the way, thanks for your videos and your replies to my questions! You are great!

Edited by KylerHolland
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/21/2018 at 4:07 AM, Requiem said:

New BFM video out today

After going trough your wonderful tutorials, I see that this one is not available anymore.

I was wondering if some error occurred.

Have a nice day.

10 minutes ago, FlyingShark said:

After going trough your wonderful tutorials, I see that this one is not available anymore.

I was wondering if some error occurred.

Have a nice day.

Yeah I took it down for now as I'm making some small changes.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Love all you guides!

forgive me if already asked, but ... are the checklist you are showing in the video available for download?

5 hours ago, Elwood55 said:

Hello,

Love all you guides!

forgive me if already asked, but ... are the checklist you are showing in the video available for download?

Just pause the video and write it down. 

44 minutes ago, 361st_Hoss said:

Just pause the video and write it down. 

Ha! Ha! To be fair, that CAN be a little 'old school' for some!! :rolleyes: