Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 18 October 2021

Requiem

Nice feature for a newbie. I wanted to try the TIR setup, I just cant find a way to load the .xml format to my TIR 5.2 with pro clip. Is there any helping hand out there?

I could not find anything there, I understood it not to be possible at the moment. Thanks for help anyway Wuerger

Hi, Senilix,

top customer Service over there with naturalpoint. Write an E-Mail to naturalpoint and you will get an answer from the developers within 2 working days. Terrific good service I received two times and was astonished. Don't hesitate to do so.   :salute:

Edited by Wuerger

• 3 months later...

Will there be a new profile uploaded?

I'll try and upload one soon. I've just finished moving to a new apartment and now have an internet connection.

Edited by SYN_Requiem

• 2 weeks later...

I'm getting an immediate crash with FlightFX (even disabling it first then launching the launcher).  Same thing is happening trying to run it with WT.  

LANcastermandrake

Forgive my ignorance SYN-Requiem but how does one use that .xml file in Track IR?

Requiem Jun 2014.xml

I can't see a way to import it into the client or am i missing something? (clearly yes)

Much appreciated.

Martin

Forgive my ignorance SYN-Requiem but how does one use that .xml file in Track IR?

Requiem Jun 2014.xml

I can't see a way to import it into the client or am i missing something? (clearly yes)

Much appreciated.

Martin

Hi Martin,

You need to copy the xml file to the profiles folder in the TrackIR installation folder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\NaturalPoint\TrackIR5\Profiles

Requiem thank you very much, your profiles for the G940 have saved my life and your tutorials give me the opportunity to quickly learn many parameters that would otherwise require many hours of flight ... I do not have now.
Excuse my English google

5th-GIAP_Sytov

~S~ Requiem,

I just wanted to make a request for a P-40 video when you have time Requiem.    I really enjoy your other training videos and would love to see something for the Warhawk.  Many thanks !

No worries guys. Now that I'm all settled in I've restarted work on videos so I'll have something soon. ;)

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 2

Updated first post with I-16 Familiarisation. First video in a long time since I finished flight training so it's a warm up to get back into my creation process.

• Upvote 3

~S~ Requiem,

As a self styled (euphemism for sloppy and lazy) educator of combat flight simulator nuts and bolts stuff, I salute you!

On "9-11" I was watching the news, live as it happened, while creating a single webpage with "CFS" related hyperlinks.

That project expanded into around 60 webpages (an entire website) that I hosted for many years, teaching many people.

I have taken down that site, but continue in other ways, to be cognizant of the next "Newby" joining the scene tomorrow.

Your videos are exceptionally well done, entertaining, and informative. We hold you in highest regard, for creating them!

Keep 'em Flying,

!S -Jupp- :salute: 

• 4 weeks later...

Updated the G940 profile. I figured out how to get the actual modifier button on the joystick to be recognised within BoS. No need to use the .xml file included if you do not want to.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey there,

sorry if I missed it: where can I find the Flight FX installer? The flight FX version I found was for ROF, but I suspected that to not be bad, anyhow it shot one of my system32 dlls linking, destroying my game, so now I need to reinstall it >.>

Good work on the Profile, really helpful!  :salute:

Hey there,

sorry if I missed it: where can I find the Flight FX installer? The flight FX version I found was for ROF, but I suspected that to not be bad, anyhow it shot one of my system32 dlls linking, destroying my game, so now I need to reinstall it >.>

Good work on the Profile, really helpful!  :salute:

I think this is the latest one

http://reshade.me/sweetfx

Once you have got your game working again, copy and paste it to another folder ( is better to have BoS installed outside of 'Program Files' anyway) and mod/SFX that one, you can have more than one instance of the game installed with no issues, you just can only be logged into one at any time

Cheers Dakpilot

Edited by Dakpilot
  • Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I`m confused. I decided to give your Track Ir profike a try. I popped the file in the profiles folder of the utility, but it doesn`t show up. Is there somewhere else it`s supposed to go?

Edit update:

Ok figured it out. It looks like it don`t go in the `Profiles` in the original install folder, but another Profiles folder all the way in the C drive... (I install all my Utilities in a separate drive - for anyone who may be stuck as I was).

Question is, why is that useless Profile folder still in the main install folder? It only causes confusion.

Edited by seafireliv

• 1 month later...

Nice video Requiem, thanks for making and sharing.

Cheers

No worries! You're welcome Keeno :)

Finished a video covering wheel landings today.

Forgot to update this post. Added another video for some extra wheel landing examples using BoS aircraft to see different sight pictures.

Uploaded video about common landing errors and fixes.

[redacted video due to audio issue] see 2 posts below.

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 2

Strange. It is private to me as well, so I cannot watch it. Yesterday however, I could (and did) watch it.

Something must have changed in the times between this .....

Yeah it went private because a viewer reported an audio issue to me. Something happened with the levelling of the audio so my voice volume was fluctuating up and down a lot for some reason. I think it was something called automatic gain control that was causing the problem. I decided to take the video down until it was fixed and re-uploaded before the video had too many views. It should be good now though.

• Upvote 1

I'm excited to see you producing content for our community again.

Thanks!  :cool:

No worries Ghost, I'm excited too! :)

I am having difficulty getting the g940 profile to work. After following the instructions and pointing the imported XML to il2.exe when I get in game the controls appear to be bound to the wrong things. I thought maybe I was experiencing the inverted throttle issue, but taking it all the way in either direction did not resolve the issue. Checking my stick, throttle, and pedals in their respective menus showed that they are indeed functioning. Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is it due to recent game updates?

Edit: In the key mapper, when I check the joystick it says joy 0, yet when I rebind with the joystick it says joy 2. Somehow my stick throttle and pedals are mixed up?

Edit 2: I have corrected this temporarily by uninstalling g940 components and then scanning for hardware until they shared the Id of your setup. I am unsure if this will hold through a restart, but everything functions correctly now. Thank you for your hard work.

Edited by Jareth

• 3 weeks later...

g940 problems too.

got the game yesterday evening and clean the g940 from dust. everything works fine yesterday and today the pedals and the throttle switch completly their setup.

cant figure out what to do to get this to work again.

greetings 

ridcully

• 3 months later...
il_Pupo' timestamp='1417262203' post='207200'] For detailed instructions on how to use this utility go to: SweetFX and FlightFX to download it and get it up and running depending on your preference of how you want to use it (Manual = SweetFX, Auto = FlightFX)

both of these links are dead, any updated links ?

Edited by Panp

• 1 month later...

I've had some free time recently :-)

Update today:

Ju88 A-4 familiarisation

I'll update my TIR and logitech profile once I sort them out.

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
  • Requiem changed the title to Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 18 October 2021