SYN_Requiem

Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 14 October 2019

Cheers guys, I've been working on some new videos but it's been slow going at the moment. My new headset arrived though, so I can get back into flying/recording again. However, I have final exams next week so I won't get a video done this weekend.

I'll also remember to update the input folder for the G940 download tomorrow when the patch comes as the current version will cause problems if you apply it after the patch. For the new version I'll add your suggestion Matt and put the cowling flaps on the same control as the water radiators.

:salute:

The engine has too be running, otherwise the machineguns don't fire.

The controls profile looks great, i'm using a similar setup for the Warthog. I don't think there's any plane that needs both the water radiator and cowling flaps controls, so one could just bind those to the same buttons.

Greta idea Matt--thanks for sharing. I have been using two different levers on the ch throttle quadrant and would adjust them together. Did not occur to just map both to one control---bravo !

--sf--  

No video this week, but my headset arrived so I can finish some recordings to put one out next week. A minor update though, I've added Pilotpierres CEM settings to the familiarisation videos in the "performance notes" sections and will keep them inserted/updated as the community figures them out.

Edited by SYN_Requiem

Requiem,

I just realised I didn't include best mixture settings for each aircraft. We are just about to walk out the door for a month so no time to do now. Please feel free to include those as well as I think they will be important by 100% so people should get used to using them

Again :wacko:

this is happening to me for the 1000000000  time

when I have to reinstall, or anything, I go for the sweetFX thing again, memory blanked of course. No matter how many or how good are the tutorials, sweetFX wont let my BOS start!

And its damn simple, just expand the sweetFX stuff into the .exe directory

nothing, game DEAD, every time I have to give up and throw the damn thing into the recycle, cursing

Im sorry, I know this is pathetic

SweetFX

SYN_Requiem I have seen that you have post here about SweetFX and Settings....... Maybe you and others are interested about a better Vibrance Shader that I made for SweetFX? To improve Video Quality ( DVD or Blurays ) a great Shader.

This Shader gives you more Options to improve the Quality.

I upload it here http://freakshare.com/files/uxmrkjkf/Vibrance-Shader.rar.html

Again :wacko:

this is happening to me for the 1000000000  time

when I have to reinstall, or anything, I go for the sweetFX thing again, memory blanked of course. No matter how many or how good are the tutorials, sweetFX wont let my BOS start!

And its damn simple, just expand the sweetFX stuff into the .exe directory

nothing, game DEAD, every time I have to give up and throw the damn thing into the recycle, cursing

Im sorry, I know this is pathetic

You do remember you have to set Anti-Aliasing to zero for SweetFX to work?

you mean the SMAA AntiAlias?

Anyway, this sounds new to me, and I never touche ANYthing about AA, being able to have SweetFX working flawlessly at least three times (not only in BoS, I also have Next Car Game, which is absolutely stunning with SweetFX)

This time it decided to bug me to death. Not working at all, I can die, wreck my pc, pray the ancient gods, NOTHING.

Im about to give up, but thank you anyway.

you mean the SMAA AntiAlias?

Anyway, this sounds new to me, and I never touche ANYthing about AA, being able to have SweetFX working flawlessly at least three times (not only in BoS, I also have Next Car Game, which is absolutely stunning with SweetFX)

This time it decided to bug me to death. Not working at all, I can die, wreck my pc, pray the ancient gods, NOTHING.

Im about to give up, but thank you anyway.

It took me a while to get Sweet FX / Flight FX working consistently with every update and reinstall.  Here's what I've learned that works for me.

-First,  I use Sweet FX with Flight FX

-Make sure the BOS in game AA is turned off

-Re install Sweet FX and make sure you put the files in the correct bin / game and data folders

-Delete the existing BOS profile from Flight FX and re install

-In the  Flight FX GUI go to the data folder field select override and re-select the BOS data folder

-Restart your computer 

This has worked for me and I hope it works for you.

This has worked for me and I hope it works for you.

Trying right now for the last time, very kind thank you!

Ok, Im one step beyond now: game not crashing anymore, but sweetFX take not effect at all

AA off, pc restarted, I faithfully have followed the reliable scheme I found on these forums:

following files go into the 2 BOS-Folders:

BOS/bin/game/

d3d9.dll

dxgi.dll

dxgi.fx

injector.ini

BOS/data/

SweetFX-Folder

d3d9.fx

shader.fx

SweetFX readme.txt

SweetFX_preset.txt

SweetFX_settings.txt

so, what else? where am I wrong guys?? :(

I also have tried reinstalling flightFX, thinking it may eventually make things easier. Epic fail by me. Things didn't change at all. Now I don't know how to get back to a "clean" status, since swee and flight instal stuff here and there, and I don't dare to touch anything.

Fact is: I followed instructions LETTER - BY - LETTER, twice. There must be something missing in the tutorials, or something implied by the more experienced user who wrote them, and I am - as a beginner - missing it.

User  arthursmedley  had to remind me to turn AA off in game. Is that mentioned in the tutorials? That's what I meant.

I just could assume this is not my s*** and give up, but these effects are so damn fine, when they decide to properly work...

My frustration is over >90000

:angry:

Have you tried selecting split screen to make sure it's not working but the difference is too subtle for you to notice?

Forgot to post an update, but I've uploaded a new video covering propeller pitch (in first post as usual) and fixed pitch propellers as a lead-in video to later ones covering variable pitch and constant speed props. I also updated the G940 package to prevent crashing using the old one. Cheers.

Sorry for not being able to help with SweetFX, I'm just the messenger and not a troubleshooter.

Forgot to post an update, but I've uploaded a new video covering propeller pitch (in first post as usual) and fixed pitch propellers as a lead-in video to later ones covering variable pitch and constant speed props.

Nice, and as always, THANKS!!!

Have you tried selecting split screen to make sure it's not working but the difference is too subtle for you to notice?

it's my first test, usually, yes.

plus, my settings are never subtle :cool: i.e. i like a strong vignette effect.

update: I got it working for a couple hours, then when I tried using FiFi's settings, BAM, the game stopped starting again.

I'll give up for now, this thing really hates me as much as I love it, damn! :lol:

Sorry J4S but I think this one is beyond my pay grade.  It's a bit mystifying that it was working and then not working.

Sorry J4S but I think this one is beyond my pay grade.  It's a bit mystifying that it was working and then not working.

No problem, it's typical of me, I'm the Donald Duck of videogames, with a little flavour of Bermuda Triangle. I will try again sooner or later.

After the last 2 updates with SweetFX the PC reboot by his self when I play. Without SweetFX all is fine, just ugly ;)

Holy Moley Batman!!  Hooooahhh!  Group Hug!!  I Luv you man!! Thank you soooooooooo Much for all of your efforts you are awesome.

Hi Requiem!

Thank you very much for all of this. Your videos definitely helped me a lot in Rise of Flight. If I had not found them, I'm not sure I would have had the patience to learn how to dogfight by myself. I still suck, but thanks to you I can easily spot my mistakes and correct them.

I'm using your (slightly modified) Track IR profile and it also helped me a lot for keeping the eyes on my target (or the guy who targets me, actually :P).

Keep it up!

Update 23 Mar 14:

• Added Lodebeard's at a glance cards to the first post.
  • Updated the G940 package to include controls for selecting individual engines, trims, reset trim, manual pitch, propeller pitch, engine boost, and I moved the cowling controls. 
  • Released the video for the Pe-2 familiarisation.

Any problems with the G940 package let me know.

Thanks for the famil  vid of the PE2.

I got 2 little things about it:

1. The oil radiator. you say they should be opened and closed at certain points, but where are the controls for that? I found the water radiators, but the oil???

2. In the landing checklist you mention 15 degrees flaps (by voice), but on the written checklist it says 5.

That's it. Great vid, and although my landings are not bad, I'll try to make 'm as you did.

Thanks for doing this.

Thanks for the famil  vid of the PE2.

I got 2 little things about it:

1. The oil radiator. you say they should be opened and closed at certain points, but where are the controls for that? I found the water radiators, but the oil???

2. In the landing checklist you mention 15 degrees flaps (by voice), but on the written checklist it says 5.

That's it. Great vid, and although my landings are not bad, I'll try to make 'm as you did.

Thanks for doing this.

Thanks Bando.

1. I don't know where the controls are for the oil radiator, but I know there are controls for it because they are opened under the engine using that control (I suspect it may be the "antifreeze control" but I really don't know). I was hoping to receive a response from the devs as I've asked a couple of times about the location of both oil radiator controls and bomb bay door controls. I never got an answer though so I made the video based on what I could work out by myself.

2. Typo on that, sorry. My voiceover overrides the text in my videos in case that happens, I'm only human after all :) Deploy 15 degrees downwind, then the next 15 degrees on final. I did a lot of landings in that bloody thing as some people can attest to by hearing me bitch about it, so I decided to forget about both making 3 point landings in it and full 45 degree flap landings. Doing so made it too inconsistent for my liking, so I ended up preferring the wheel landing method you see there.

Salute Captian Australia

PE2 is soooo easy to land.

It's meant to be in one piece only, m8....

Thanks! the TrackIR profile was very useful.

FlightFX however messed up my game and now i cant start it at all even when i uninstall the FlighFX. :( im going for a complete uninstall and see if it fixes it.

No worries, I'm glad the TIR profile helps.  I have been tweaking my proflle lately so I might release a new version in the future.

As a minor update from me...For the moment I'm focused on a summer class in Genetics at Uni,  so my video releases and general gaming are lower in priority to my studying. Hopefully by the time this class is over the developers have implemented free camera as not having it is very demotivating to be honest. I examined other sims and Cliffs of Dover doesn't have it, but DCS World does, so if all else fails and they don't enable it I can always transition into using the DCS World engine to illustrate things (starting with BFM) in the best way possible.

Edited by SYN_Requiem

No worries, I'm glad the TIR profile helps.  I have been tweaking my proflle lately so I might release a new version in the future.

Know this , it,s verry helpfull ,hope you post your new profile .

My self have a question about a flight movement ,i see good flighers make in the movies on the forum ,i try to do that to only to only i do it rong i think because it,s not work smooth

i think it,s have to do whit trimming,or flaps .I working on it to get the question in good englich on paper in good englich so you understand it what i try to ask 

hopefuly than you can make a little movie whit explaning how to do it smooht

Requiem, I am an avid follower of your videos - thanks a lot for the professional work on those, and the excellent TIR profiles too!!!

Since you bring the prop theme on that post, I would like to know if you confirm that the Yak-1 and the Lagg3 modelled in IL2 BoS use CS props.

Also, at another thread I commented on the fact that I wasn't aware if any "regulators" were used with their engines, that, at any MP settings would guarantee that MP would follow prop RPM changes instead of, like on most modern GA and even some military training prop aircraft, the MP increasing when you lower prop RPM and the way around?

In IL2, if I am cruising at given MP / RPM settings, and I decrease prop RPM, MP follows it, instead of increasing. If I increase prop RPM, again MP also increases instead of decreasing.  This happened on some USAF ww2 aircraft, like those powered by Merlins.

DCS's p51 / t51 model this.

But at least on ground, at lower MP settings, I think we should see the inverse MP / RPM relationship ?

Jcomm, the Yak-1 and Lagg 3 do use CS props. It's funny you ask about the RPM and MP relationship as I noticed this myself while working on videos covering MP and CSPs and the relationship seemed backwards to my understanding of it. I made a video showing the RPM/MP relationship in BoS compared to DCS and Clod to show a few knowledgeable people (if they want to speak up on this subject feel free as I might explain this wrong). After their response I was of the understanding that the normal inverse relationship between MP and RPM holds true for normally aspirated engines, but the combination of throttle settings and a supercharger, even particular designs of superchargers, can complicate this process. The normal relationship should hold true for low RPM, but high RPM is where it is different.

As you increase RPM, MP should decrease, but the supercharger usually has a power excess so as MP technically decreases this MP decrease is counteracted by the excess power available to the supercharger, which crams in more air to maintain MP (you probably won't see MP drop here). This means that the MP won't decrease as you increase RPM unless you increase RPM so high that the excess power available to the supercharger is 'used up' and then the MP will decrease because the supercharger can't counteract the effects of MP loss anymore. You can notice this behaviour if you use manual pitch control in the 109 to get RPM above 2700.

I hope that what I wrote made sense and was explained correctly!  :lol:

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Upvote 1

Know this , it,s verry helpfull ,hope you post your new profile .

My self have a question about a flight movement ,i see good flighers make in the movies on the forum ,i try to do that to only to only i do it rong i think because it,s not work smooth

i think it,s have to do whit trimming,or flaps .I working on it to get the question in good englich on paper in good englich so you understand it what i try to ask 

hopefuly than you can make a little movie whit explaning how to do it smooht

I'll post my new profile at some point when I've finished tweaking it, but I'll post an update here when I do that. It sounds like you might have a joystick problem if its hard to keep your aircraft straight. If you can fly straight and level outside of combat, but you're having problems once you get into combat, then it could be any number of things... If you can record a track showing the problem it is easier to see what the problem is.

Update today covering Variable Pitch Propellers which you can find on my YouTube channel or in the first post. Once oil pressure is modeled (ie - when gauges work for it) I'll finish up a video on the CSPs, but in the meantime I might be able to release the La-5 famil and a new TIR profile for next Friday.

• Upvote 1

Good luck with you course, smart to take it in the summer, I took organic chem and Cell and Molecular in the summer to isolate them and give me "time alone" with them outside of the full semester...

A track IR tips vid would be great for those not really getting the most out of it...

later.