SYN_Requiem

Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 14 June 2019

9 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

Hey @Melonfish you're very welcome! I never get tired of hearing about the success stories, it makes everything worth it 😁

For the shooting I have several deflection shooting videos but you've probably seen them lol It will just take some practice and plenty of throwing yourself into different situations so you can get used to the different sight pictures you encounter.

New vid: continuing some of the two ship formation stuff showing how to rejoin a formation and how to overshoot the rejoin if you screw it up.

Another useful way we rejoin in SCG is by the use of Check turns. We usually perform a 90 degree check turn and that brings us from trailing to a echelon right/left and then adjust the spacing. We find that these way it gives us a better SA over sustained turns. Anyways, excellent tutorials and great work Requiem. Totally recommended to any real squadron out there!

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, SCG_Riksen said:

Another useful way we rejoin in SCG is by the use of Check turns. We usually perform a 90 degree check turn and that brings us from trailing to a echelon right/left and then adjust the spacing. We find that these way it gives us a better SA over sustained turns. Anyways, excellent tutorials and great work Requiem. Totally recommended to any real squadron out there!

Cheers

Thanks for sharing your personal experience Riksen, appreciate it! Thanks for the kind words, I figure these videos probably won't be too popular as there's no "bang bang shooting" kind of stuff in them...but squadrons or pilots who pair up regularly can at least get some use out of them.

Edited by SYN_Requiem
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Video for the Fw 190 A-8. Now I'm all caught up on the familiarisations at least as I honestly forgot about doing the A-8.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4

Requiem watching the p47 bomb drop tutorial reminds me of the gulf war videos. One of your bombs literally went through the door.

Interestingly i am currently reading robert dorrs book on hell hawks! I am 60 percent through the book and have not found 1 rocket attack if i remember correctly. All straffing and dive bombing.

Please keep up your tutorials. Appreciated.

Edited by Luger1969
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Luger1969 said:

Requiem watching the p47 bomb drop tutorial reminds me of the gulf war videos. One of your bombs literally went through the door.

Interestingly i am currently reading robert dorrs book on hell hawks! I am 60 percent through the book and have not found 1 rocket attack if i remember correctly. All straffing and dive bombing.

Please keep up your tutorials. Appreciated.

Thanks Luger, I always try to use RL techniques for videos when they're available and these ones are found within the P-47 manuals so I'm just giving them some life. There is information about the rockets, but not really on attack technique. However, using a similar approach to the strafing worked just fine.

With that said, there are two new videos out covering how to perform ground attack in the P-47. I decided to break it down into two simply due to the length. I just don't like making videos longer than 10 minutes if I can avoid it. Attention span and all that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, 216th_Cat said:

:blink: Wow. Superfast. :gamer:Thanks very much. :drinks:

I was thinking the same!

Requiem might have had a small head start because of his great RoF videos.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 216th_Cat said:

:blink: Wow. Superfast. :gamer:Thanks very much. :drinks:

1 hour ago, 216th_Pod said:

I was thinking the same!

Requiem might have had a small head start because of his great RoF videos.

Yeah I talked with Jason about getting beta access again so I can try and make these to be released at the same time as the airplane(s) go public. The timing worked out in this case as I wasn't out flying a trip during the release candidate portion of the beta.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Video released for the BR 21 rockets when attacking from the rear of a formation. I also realised I never posted my Il-2 ground strafing video before I went to the UK so that's in this post as well.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/13/2014 at 6:26 PM, oneeyeddog said:

Thanks Requiem. Your efforts are really appreciated.

I second that sir! Thank you for sharing all your skills and knowledge Requiem...You are a legend m8 (and those that help).

I just watched some of your online flying/kills with your wingman in various planes etc...Clinical. Great flying/coms/team work and shooting!

S!

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Kalastaja said:

Not able to download the TrackIR profile. Anyone got a link?

I just checked the original post and the link works fine. I'll add it in this post for you in case it still won't work. Requiem Jun 2014.zip

Put out a few videos recently without updating this post. Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

A couple of things. I've made available some missions for anyone to practice the techniques from my "Weapons Employment" playlist and included them in the video's description if they're available. I figure this can help people practice them in a decent enough scenario instead of using the QMB.

Hs 129 Tank Busting - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw246rj8d64j8dn/Hs 129 Tank Busting.zip?dl=0

Il-2 1943 Ground Attack - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i588fyzxrp2c95e/IL-2 1943 Ground Attack.zip?dl=0

P-47 Ground Attack - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhuew0ooudykyj1/P-47 Range.zip?dl=0

Bf 109 Air-Air Rockets - https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7dxv8f0uafqe19/109 Rockets.zip?dl=0

A-20 Skip Bombing - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu5mi88decy6nuu/Skip bombing.zip?dl=0

Also released the Hs 129 strafing video today as well. Cheers.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

Thank you so much, this is something I've been hoping for for a long time.

Have a nice day.

:salute:

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

A couple of things. I've made available some missions for anyone to practice the techniques from my "Weapons Employment" playlist and included them in the video's description if they're available. I figure this can help people practice them in a decent enough scenario instead of using the QMB.

Hs 129 Tank Busting - https://www.dropbox.com/s/pw246rj8d64j8dn/Hs 129 Tank Busting.zip?dl=0

Il-2 1943 Ground Attack - https://www.dropbox.com/s/i588fyzxrp2c95e/IL-2 1943 Ground Attack.zip?dl=0

P-47 Ground Attack - https://www.dropbox.com/s/qhuew0ooudykyj1/P-47 Range.zip?dl=0

Bf 109 Air-Air Rockets - https://www.dropbox.com/s/u7dxv8f0uafqe19/109 Rockets.zip?dl=0

A-20 Skip Bombing - https://www.dropbox.com/s/hu5mi88decy6nuu/Skip bombing.zip?dl=0

Also released the Hs 129 strafing video today as well. Cheers.

Thank you very much because I am in the middle of the Panzerknacker campaign and I was stuck in mission 3. After I watched your eye-opening video, I readjusted my convergence to 400 mts and started my strafing runs at 300mts and 30º angle and WOW!!!!! what a difference!!!! I kicked some ass to those pesky rocket launchers! :)

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

17 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Thank you very much because I am in the middle of the Panzerknacker campaign and I was stuck in mission 3. After I watched your eye-opening video, I readjusted my convergence to 400 mts and started my strafing runs at 300mts and 30º angle and WOW!!!!! what a difference!!!! I kicked some ass to those pesky rocket launchers! :)

Awesome to hear, congrats! :)

• Thanks 1

Fw 190 D-9 famil.

If anyone has tried the missions I've made available can you let me know if they worked for you? I've had some people mention not being able to use the missions and I'm not sure if it's down to an error on my part or if they didn't own the airplane in the mission. Thanks!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

Fw 190 D-9 famil.

If anyone has tried the missions I've made available can you let me know if they worked for you? I've had some people mention not being able to use the missions and I'm not sure if it's down to an error on my part or if they didn't own the airplane in the mission. Thanks!

I tried using the Il ground attack mission with no luck, as I both don't own Il 1943 and Moscow map : ( changing the plane in editor was easy enough, but I am afraid changing the map destroys it completely.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, SYN_Requiem said:

Fw 190 D-9 famil.

I've only tried the AA Rockets and it works but it's not a 109... it's a Dora (my preference anyway). For the life of me, I can't seem to get the range right. Even with icons on and the range showing they seem to detonate beyond the set range... probably just me though. What you said about 15% is probably true and seems to be my success rate to this point. I will NOT be using these on multiplayer.  😜

When loading the P47 mission it's actually a IL2. Easy enough to change in the MB but you might want to take a look.

Oh... and the Skip bombing works fine.

As always, thanks Requiem!

Edited by II./JG1_Vonrd
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys, I'll fix up the P47 rocket mission. Kind of weird that it is an IL2 LOL I'll fix that. Appreciate you letting me know!

Bravo!

Enjoyed watching both DFD's, very interesting. : - )

Salute!

Planky.

• Thanks 1

Fascinating stuff Requiem - thanks for posting. :salute:

• Thanks 1

Thanks for taking time to make dogfighting debriefs videos, best way to teach new guys to importand detils of fighting online, highly recomended 👍

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, 77.CountZero said:

Thanks for taking time to make dogfighting debriefs videos, best way to teach new guys to importand detils of fighting online, highly recomended 👍

Thanks CountZero, I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts here and on the channel. It's some great input!

Latest debrief is out:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 4

Well the wife and I made it back from the expo and Florida today. It was really great meeting and talking with a few of the fellow Il-2 fans out there! Looking forward to doing it again next year for sure.

Hope you guys enjoyed the couple of videos I took of the show. I was pressed for time and had to make do with what I had.

Anyways, the latest videos out are for the familiarisations of the Me 262, Albatros D.Va and S.E.5a.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 4

Hello Requiem, I tried the 262 tutorial and found it very helpful, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

There was enough for me to take in and keep in memory so that when I actually sat in the cockpit I was able to find my way through the start up, taxi, takeoff and landing, without being swamped with too much information, I think my heart is still pounding from that first landing though, scary.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Missionbug said:

Hello Requiem, I tried the 262 tutorial and found it very helpful, thank you very much, really appreciated.:drinks:

There was enough for me to take in and keep in memory so that when I actually sat in the cockpit I was able to find my way through the start up, taxi, takeoff and landing, without being swamped with too much information, I think my heart is still pounding from that first landing though, scary.;)

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Thanks Pete, I always love hearing of a success story! 🙂 If you have any other questions just let me know!

Dear Requiem, the same thing for me here. I have done it thanks to you.

By the way, talking about the new starting procedures. First off all I wanna say that I am extremely glad with the changes and that I would like to learn about it to do it right.

You have surely seen all the fuss or anxiety about this issue.... so, I was wondering if in a couple of videos, you could go plane by plane and show us how to do it. It does not need to be lengthy, follow the KISS rule, Keep It Short and Simple. ;)

Maybe a video for the Soviet planes, another for the Allies and a third for the Axis.

I remember your videos from ROF and it was like that, adjusting the mixture and radiators before pressing E, basically, right?

Edited by 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan

9 hours ago, 15[Span.]/JG51Spartan said:

Dear Requiem, the same thing for me here. I have done it thanks to you.

By the way, talking about the new starting procedures. First off all I wanna say that I am extremely glad with the changes and that I would like to learn about it to do it right.

You have surely seen all the fuss or anxiety about this issue.... so, I was wondering if in a couple of videos, you could go plane by plane and show us how to do it. It does not need to be lengthy, follow the KISS rule, Keep It Short and Simple. ;)

Maybe a video for the Soviet planes, another for the Allies and a third for the Axis.

I remember your videos from ROF and it was like that, adjusting the mixture and radiators before pressing E, basically, right?

Hey Spartan,

I only did some stuff with the 262 today for it's next video, but I'll look at the other airplanes tomorrow and see what I can come up with. The RoF airplanes are basically the same as FC in terms of starting them up yes.

Great to hear that you are going to look into it and thanks in the name of many of us.

You do not need more than 30 seconds per plane as it is only the starting procedure. All the rest: cockpit layout, taxiing, take off and landings, are already covered in your familiarization videos.

Thanks again. This will cure the "Staring procedures fever" once and for all ;)