Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 11 August 2021

Requiem

Dear Captain Australia, 

I'm sure you can make some time to fly with ur wingman!

:P

You know it! There is always time for wingman flying, my flying days are Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday  :salute:

How is the "Bro-mance" coming along?.... :)

Just fine ;)

Requiem, why you don't use R2 or R1 for zoom in/out, much better than hat up/down

I don't use those because the R2 and R1 wheels are renowned for spiking in the axis, so if they were used the view would be zooming in and out all the time without touching them or you wouldn't be able to stop accurately at the point you want to zoom in on.

LLv32_kankkis

That spiking is really easy to fix, but you lose warranty, i fixed mine, no spiking anymmore at all. I know exactly what you mean.

Edited by kankkis

First of all I really like your work and appreciate your effort. That's just amazing. I do also like your TrackIR profile since I gave it a try tonight. But there's one little thing not working for me. Ok I'll try to explain it: I'm checking my six, watching over my right shoulder, now there's the seat right, so in default profile I would now lean a bit to the left to take a closer look behind the seat. In your profile it's just not working for me. I have to move to the right on the x-axis to finally take my control-look behind the seat along the body of the plane. It doesn't feel natural for me because I'm looking at the seat and have to move my head on the right side to make it move to the left inside the game. :D

Anybody else got this problem? Somehow the x-axis should be inverted once you reached over 90° to the left or to the right. But I can't fix it for myself. I've tried but i have not been succesful.

So Requiem, I hope you understand my problem, and maybe give me a hint how to fix this. I need just this little thing like it is in the default profile. Everything else is far better in your profile and I would like to use it in the future.

Thank you very much and keep on with the great work.

First of all I really like your work and appreciate your effort. That's just amazing. I do also like your TrackIR profile since I gave it a try tonight. But there's one little thing not working for me. Ok I'll try to explain it: I'm checking my six, watching over my right shoulder, now there's the seat right, so in default profile I would now lean a bit to the left to take a closer look behind the seat. In your profile it's just not working for me. I have to move to the right on the x-axis to finally take my control-look behind the seat along the body of the plane. It doesn't feel natural for me because I'm looking at the seat and have to move my head on the right side to make it move to the left inside the game. :D

Anybody else got this problem? Somehow the x-axis should be inverted once you reached over 90° to the left or to the right. But I can't fix it for myself. I've tried but i have not been succesful.

So Requiem, I hope you understand my problem, and maybe give me a hint how to fix this. I need just this little thing like it is in the default profile. Everything else is far better in your profile and I would like to use it in the future.

Thank you very much and keep on with the great work.

Sounds like true view is turned on. Make sure it is turned off.

You're right with true view. But it was turned off. So I turned it on and now it works the way I want. Anyway thanks a lot for the fast answer.

No worries guys... Very glad to hear you're another happy user of the TIR profile dburnette!

As a minor update: I've started my graduating semester at Uni today, so I won't have as much time of course, but I've been working on the Fw 190 famil that a bunch of people have me asked for since it was added (I held off on filming as I was guessing 3D model / FM changes would be occuring due to the strong community feedback). Fingers crossed I can get it finished to release on Friday. I just need to do the voiceover, sync it up and it should be good to go. That is always easier said than done though...

Good Luck with your final semester of your degree study

Installed SweetFX vs 1.5.1,used Fifi's settings, followed all install instructions.

First flight fps dropped to 30 (usually in the 40's).

Tried Ceejays settings, same result.

Played around with Nvidea vs SweetFX smaa/fxaa enabled/disabled ect, no joy!

Scroll lock on/off not working, split screen also not working (enabled in SweetFX settings).

The jaggies are a sight to behold, believe me!

OS is windows 7 64 bit pro, which I read vs1.5.1 is compatable with? 

Any advice welcome..

Thor

Good Luck with your final semester of your degree study

Thanks Goanna, I'll be glad once it's done with :)

Installed SweetFX vs 1.5.1,used Fifi's settings, followed all install instructions.

Scroll lock on/off not working, split screen also not working (enabled in SweetFX settings).

Any advice welcome..

Thor

I went over FlightFX with a mate today and he had problems which we narrowed down to him not having the proper 'data' folder assigned in the program.

Any advice welcome..

Thor

Thor

I have been using a utility called RadeonPro with SweetFX 1.4 with great success in BOS. You may want to give this combo a try.

Great thread really helped me get the hang of the advanced engine controls. Not being able to play multiplayer due to me not being able to fly with the advanced management was a bummer but these simple guides have helped tremendously. Now if only you could do some on navigating. I can't find anything once I am in the air. 

Great thread really helped me get the hang of the advanced engine controls. Not being able to play multiplayer due to me not being able to fly with the advanced management was a bummer but these simple guides have helped tremendously. Now if only you could do some on navigating. I can't find anything once I am in the air. 

Navigation eh? I'm sure I can manage some videos covering that.

I released a video today covering level bombing using the Pe-2, but I don't have the ability to edit my original post anymore so I can embed that video. I guess something got messed up when my profile changed since I'm longer a tester, but once I get the editing ability back I'll update my original post.

Edited by SYN_Requiem

Navigation eh? I'm sure I can manage some videos covering that.

After a couple hours online I figured it out. It's not too hard just had to figure out which way was which and learn the map a little.

=EXPEND=Dendro

SweetFX - BoS won't load

I copied the files into the directory and tried to load BoS.... the screen goes black and then just goes back to windows desktop. I deleted the files and it loads fine. Any ideas guys?

Windows 8.1 64 bit OS

FacetrackNOIR

Steam BoS

What other info you guys need?

-NW-ChiefRedCloud

Nice Requiem ...... didn't someone do a profile similar to the G940 for the Saitek X52pro? If so, does anyone here have a link?

Chief

Nice Requiem ...... didn't someone do a profile similar to the G940 for the Saitek X52pro? If so, does anyone here have a link?

Chief

No idea, but if you find one I can add it to the main post.

Thank you for doing this..really appreciated !

No worries X.

Update today, released a video on Constant Speed Props since I won't be finishing the dive bombing one due to an exam next week. That should be out next weekend.

Ok, what is more important---those exams or this ?? You hold the balance between insanity and bliss with these tutorials and you choose the exams over this ?? :biggrin:  Very much joking as I hope you know !

Hope all your exams are going well--- my degree is in Biology ( graduated 1980--yikes ) and I feel your pain. Take it easy and drift a bit--academia can be a bit of a rip current that can wear you out sometimes if you let it.

Thanks again for all those great tutorials,

cheers--sf---       

Ok, what is more important---those exams or this ?? You hold the balance between insanity and bliss with these tutorials and you choose the exams over this ?? :biggrin:  Very much joking as I hope you know !

Hope all your exams are going well--- my degree is in Biology ( graduated 1980--yikes ) and I feel your pain. Take it easy and drift a bit--academia can be a bit of a rip current that can wear you out sometimes if you let it.

Thanks again for all those great tutorials,

cheers--sf---       

I know the feeling about the academia stuff. It's been very draining for me this past year, but things have picked up and I'm very much looking forward to graduating in 11 weeks time and moving on to the next stage in life (yes I am counting the days)  :biggrin:

Anyway, update today, finally finished that bloody dive bombing video, so hopefully it helps people out and we can see more Stukas in action on the MP servers. Seeing a Stuka online is like spotting a unicorn!

Edited by SYN_Requiem

To bad the Stuka doesn't have the automatic pull-up device, I believe its implemented in CoD. But as the team said : This is a game not a simulation.

Master

To bad the Stuka doesn't have the automatic pull-up device, I believe its implemented in CoD. But as the team said : This is a game not a simulation.

Master

They said it would be implemented later and that they simply had no time to do before release...

Thanks for the new vids, outstanding quality as usual,

Cheers Dakpilot

I know the feeling about the academia stuff. It's been very draining for me this past year, but things have picked up and I'm very much looking forward to graduating in 11 weeks time and moving on to the next stage in life (yes I am counting the days)  :biggrin:

Anyway, update today, finally finished that bloody dive bombing video, so hopefully it helps people out and we can see more Stukas in action on the MP servers. Seeing a Stuka online is like spotting a unicorn!

You are not spotting Stukas online because you are obviously not a virgin.  If you were, like me, you would see plenty: and kill them ;)

I've only now managed to watch the Stuka divebombing video and a few things sprung to my mind that haven't been mentioned or left out altogether.

1.) Before entering the dive it's imperative to set RPM to no more than 2,250 RPM to avoid overspeeding.

2.) Check the supercharger control lever and make sure it's on automatic mode (pushed in).

3.) A 90° dive was possible but not desired because of the danger of th bomb hitting the propeller despite the bomb swing. Operationally 80° were already the extreme end.

4.) If you're not diving at 90° the Revi circle still shows the aim point - but it's not the center of the crosshair but the point where the vertical line intersects with the lower end of the crosshair's circle (which, in reality meant about 3° offset). Historically Stuka crews often had their Revi "misadjusted" so that they aimed higher (= guns would shoot at the lower edge of the circle). That gave them more leeway with aiming in the dive, especially with headon wind or a much shallower dive angle (from 0° offset to -6° offset).

-LaFrench-Partaille

Hello, thanks for the work on g940 flightstick, I use your setup !

But, could someone confirm me that since the 940Mo patch of 26/09, the g940 need to be configured again ?

I've only now managed to watch the Stuka divebombing video and a few things sprung to my mind that haven't been mentioned or left out altogether.

1.) Before entering the dive it's imperative to set RPM to no more than 2,250 RPM to avoid overspeeding.

2.) Check the supercharger control lever and make sure it's on automatic mode (pushed in).

3.) A 90° dive was possible but not desired because of the danger of th bomb hitting the propeller despite the bomb swing. Operationally 80° were already the extreme end.

4.) If you're not diving at 90° the Revi circle still shows the aim point - but it's not the center of the crosshair but the point where the vertical line intersects with the lower end of the crosshair's circle (which, in reality meant about 3° offset). Historically Stuka crews often had their Revi "misadjusted" so that they aimed higher (= guns would shoot at the lower edge of the circle). That gave them more leeway with aiming in the dive, especially with headon wind or a much shallower dive angle (from 0° offset to -6° offset).

Thanks for the extra information Thor. I'll put it into an annotation. I forgot about mentioning RPM since 2250 RPM is the normal operating range in BoS for the Stuka. Anything higher than that and the engine will kill itself after a while. Regarding the other points, I believe there are some limitations to what the BoS engine does. I remember testing the dive bombing before I made the video with the aim assist on, and in the 90 deg dive the aiming assist marker was right on the crosshair, so I don't believe the historical points you mentioned are modeled so they can't apply to the BoS Stuka. I'll double check it if I find the time this weekend.

Hello, thanks for the work on g940 flightstick, I use your setup !

But, could someone confirm me that since the 940Mo patch of 26/09, the g940 need to be configured again ?

I need to resave the control package with the latest package for the patch today, so don't use the one I've got yet as it may cause a game crash. I'll post an updated before the weekend is out.

I remember testing the dive bombing before I made the video with the aim assist on, and in the 90 deg dive the aiming assist marker was right on the crosshair, so I don't believe the historical points you mentioned are modeled so they can't apply to the BoS Stuka. I'll double check it if I find the time this weekend.

Try diving at a shallower angle (say, 60° or so) and you'll notice how the aimpoint shifts downwards. The spot I described works quite well. ;)

• Requiem changed the title to Air Combat Tutorials,TIR Profile, Angle Off Charts - Updated 11 August 2021