Photo

Air Combat Tutorials, TIR Profile, G940 controls, & SweetFX - Updated 28 Dec 2016

• Please log in to reply
331 replies to this topic

#321 Kai_Lae

Kai_Lae
  • Founder

Posted 02 January 2017 - 18:55

Requiem, could you consider making a video on how the navigation equipment in german aircraft works? It does work, right? Unlike russian planes with the RPK where you follow the needle it's more complicated and I don't know anywhere where how it works has been described.

#322 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 14 January 2017 - 16:56

Requiem, could you consider making a video on how the navigation equipment in german aircraft works? It does work, right? Unlike russian planes with the RPK where you follow the needle it's more complicated and I don't know anywhere where how it works has been described.

I have never bothered using the nav equipment in the game as I just used pilotage/dead reckoning. I think the nav equipment is limited in functionality right now in terms of frequency selection (someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100%) and I don't know if multiple transmitters for one side are possible, so unless your airfield has the transmitter you won't make it home by using it.

Chuck's guides may have better guidance on this or even some of the guides in Cliffs of Dover as well come to think of it.

Signature.png

#323 1./JG54_Seiler

1./JG54_Seiler

Posted 14 January 2017 - 17:08

~S~ Requiem,

Request;  Can you create a tutorial on the Mig-3 ?  Thanks in advance..

:salute: 

#324 =R4T=Sshadow14

=R4T=Sshadow14

Posted 20 January 2017 - 16:20

Great videos

1 thing tho, i have found the Ju-88 Soo much easier to taxi if you leave the prop pitch below 10% while taxiing (kinda like a beta mode)
It reduces the excessive prop wash and makes steering easier imho.

9vcg7p.jpgycFpaib.jpg                                 
/CPU: FX8350@ 4.3ghz /GPU: GTX 1060 G1 Gaming /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz
 /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#325 FlyingShark

FlyingShark
  • Founder

Posted 20 January 2017 - 16:29

navigation equipment in german aircraft works?

The Lorenz navigation in German planes just guides you to the nearest friendly airfield as witht he Russion RPK.

There's no way to select another frequency for other airfields.

:salute:  

No more mister nice guy!

#326 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 25 January 2017 - 17:57

1 thing tho, i have found the Ju-88 Soo much easier to taxi if you leave the prop pitch below 10% while taxiing (kinda like a beta mode)
It reduces the excessive prop wash and makes steering easier imho.

It's prop RPM that you're setting in the Ju 88, not prop pitch.

#327 -=PHX=-Spartan-

-=PHX=-Spartan-

Posted 02 February 2017 - 00:17

I am a bit confussed between the ralationship between the TrackIR profile and the F10 function (Save current corrections in head snap position).

For example in the Fw190 I had a terrible view and then I saw that other people where like sitting a bit farther backwards and therefore had a better angle of view and that minimize the metal frames in the cockpit. I tried to modified that problem and after spending more than an hour with the F10 and testing different TackIR profiles, I manage to do it. It seemed that my old TrackIR profile (Smoothdead_zone_IL2) did not have the forward/backward axis and I could not move my head backwards.  :(

Somehow, I got it right now with Requiem 2014 profile and with the F10 but I just do not understand how the F10 works. Could someone explain that function to me?  :wacko:  If I move my head forwards to check the dashboard, I need to use the zoom in option to really get a closer look.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not. 

#328 Bando

Bando
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:25

When setting a view (and saving that view with F10) I disconnect TIR first. Then with ins-home-del-pgup-pgdw-end  buttons I set the view, save it and reconnect TIR.

Connect/reconnect TIR can be achieved by F9 (I believe that's the default, not sure).

System specs:

Spoiler

#329 -=PHX=-Spartan-

-=PHX=-Spartan-

Posted 02 February 2017 - 22:48

Thanks Bando  :)

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not. 

#330 andyw248

andyw248
  • Founder

Posted 05 February 2017 - 18:17

I have never bothered using the nav equipment in the game as I just used pilotage/dead reckoning. I think the nav equipment is limited in functionality right now in terms of frequency selection (someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100%) and I don't know if multiple transmitters for one side are possible, so unless your airfield has the transmitter you won't make it home by using it.

Multiple beacons for one side are possible if the mission author has provided them. If a mission contains multiple beacons then the indicator in the plane will show the bearing to the nearest of the friendly beacons. Those that want to create missions with multiple beacons can find all information in JimTM's mission editor manual (https://forum.il2stu...anual/?p=413193), pages 58 - 59.

#331 JG7_RudeRaptor

JG7_RudeRaptor

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:24

I dropped the Track IR file in my profile folder but it is  not loading up. Any ideas?

#332 Panp

Panp
  • Founder

Posted 14 March 2017 - 00:36

Just putting it into the profile in the TIR folder wont work %^(

you need to put it into the folder in your users folder

user/your user profile/Appdata/Roming/Naturalpoint trackir 5/Profiles

restart your TIR and it should be in there

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users