Photo

Air Combat Tutorials, TIR Profile, G940 controls - 18 November 2017

• Please log in to reply
373 replies to this topic

#321 Kai_Lae

Kai_Lae
  • Founder

Posted 02 January 2017 - 18:55

Requiem, could you consider making a video on how the navigation equipment in german aircraft works? It does work, right? Unlike russian planes with the RPK where you follow the needle it's more complicated and I don't know anywhere where how it works has been described.

#322 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 14 January 2017 - 16:56

Requiem, could you consider making a video on how the navigation equipment in german aircraft works? It does work, right? Unlike russian planes with the RPK where you follow the needle it's more complicated and I don't know anywhere where how it works has been described.

I have never bothered using the nav equipment in the game as I just used pilotage/dead reckoning. I think the nav equipment is limited in functionality right now in terms of frequency selection (someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100%) and I don't know if multiple transmitters for one side are possible, so unless your airfield has the transmitter you won't make it home by using it.

Chuck's guides may have better guidance on this or even some of the guides in Cliffs of Dover as well come to think of it.

Signature2.png    

#323 1./JG54_Seiler

1./JG54_Seiler

Posted 14 January 2017 - 17:08

~S~ Requiem,

Request;  Can you create a tutorial on the Mig-3 ?  Thanks in advance..

:salute: 

#324 =TBAS=Sshadow14

=TBAS=Sshadow14

Posted 20 January 2017 - 16:20

Great videos

1 thing tho, i have found the Ju-88 Soo much easier to taxi if you leave the prop pitch below 10% while taxiing (kinda like a beta mode)
It reduces the excessive prop wash and makes steering easier imho.

791JFcf.jpg                  
/CPU: FX8350@ 4.3ghz /GPU: GTX 1060 G1 Gaming /RAM: 16GB@1875mhz
 /JOYSTICK: Saitek X-55 Hotas /PEDALS: Logitech Driving Force EX

#325 FlyingShark

FlyingShark
  • Founder

Posted 20 January 2017 - 16:29

navigation equipment in german aircraft works?

The Lorenz navigation in German planes just guides you to the nearest friendly airfield as witht he Russion RPK.

There's no way to select another frequency for other airfields.

#326 LukeFF

LukeFF
  • Tester

Posted 25 January 2017 - 17:57

1 thing tho, i have found the Ju-88 Soo much easier to taxi if you leave the prop pitch below 10% while taxiing (kinda like a beta mode)
It reduces the excessive prop wash and makes steering easier imho.

It's prop RPM that you're setting in the Ju 88, not prop pitch.

#327 -=PHX=-Spartan-

-=PHX=-Spartan-

Posted 02 February 2017 - 00:17

I am a bit confussed between the ralationship between the TrackIR profile and the F10 function (Save current corrections in head snap position).

For example in the Fw190 I had a terrible view and then I saw that other people where like sitting a bit farther backwards and therefore had a better angle of view and that minimize the metal frames in the cockpit. I tried to modified that problem and after spending more than an hour with the F10 and testing different TackIR profiles, I manage to do it. It seemed that my old TrackIR profile (Smoothdead_zone_IL2) did not have the forward/backward axis and I could not move my head backwards.  :(

Somehow, I got it right now with Requiem 2014 profile and with the F10 but I just do not understand how the F10 works. Could someone explain that function to me?  :wacko:  If I move my head forwards to check the dashboard, I need to use the zoom in option to really get a closer look.

Thanks in advance.  :)

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not. 

#328 Bando

Bando
  • Founder

Posted 02 February 2017 - 09:25

When setting a view (and saving that view with F10) I disconnect TIR first. Then with ins-home-del-pgup-pgdw-end  buttons I set the view, save it and reconnect TIR.

Connect/reconnect TIR can be achieved by F9 (I believe that's the default, not sure).

System specs:

Spoiler

#329 -=PHX=-Spartan-

-=PHX=-Spartan-

Posted 02 February 2017 - 22:48

Thanks Bando  :)

Winning is optional, but trying your best is not. 

#330 andyw248

andyw248
  • Founder

Posted 05 February 2017 - 18:17

I have never bothered using the nav equipment in the game as I just used pilotage/dead reckoning. I think the nav equipment is limited in functionality right now in terms of frequency selection (someone can correct me if I'm wrong as I'm not 100%) and I don't know if multiple transmitters for one side are possible, so unless your airfield has the transmitter you won't make it home by using it.

Multiple beacons for one side are possible if the mission author has provided them. If a mission contains multiple beacons then the indicator in the plane will show the bearing to the nearest of the friendly beacons. Those that want to create missions with multiple beacons can find all information in JimTM's mission editor manual (https://forum.il2stu...anual/?p=413193), pages 58 - 59.

#331 JG7_RudeRaptor

JG7_RudeRaptor

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:24

I dropped the Track IR file in my profile folder but it is  not loading up. Any ideas?

#332 Panp

Panp
  • Founder

Posted 14 March 2017 - 00:36

Just putting it into the profile in the TIR folder wont work %^(

you need to put it into the folder in your users folder

user/your user profile/Appdata/Roming/Naturalpoint trackir 5/Profiles

restart your TIR and it should be in there

#333 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 11 June 2017 - 14:08

Famil video for the P-40E-1 is completed. Since I'm on reserve at an airline and commuting to NYC right now I'm not home that often yet, but I figured out a routine where I can do the sim flying at home and video editing on my laptop while away. My plan is to knock out a bunch of aircraft famils by which time TacView functionality in IL-2 should be improved enough to use it.

youtube.com/watch?v=osF_WoHRWlc

Signature2.png    

#334 216th_Cat

216th_Cat
  • Founder

Posted 11 June 2017 - 16:15

Glad to see that you're still able to keep on with these - thanks a million! :salute:

Cheers.

#335 keeno

keeno
  • Founder

Posted 11 June 2017 - 17:44

Requiem,

great video as usual. Very informative and well presented.

Cheers.

Edited by keeno, 11 June 2017 - 17:44.

#336 Pajeka

Pajeka
  • Founder

Posted 11 June 2017 - 18:15

Thanks for continuing to make the effort! Quality product as usual!

#337 FlyingShark

FlyingShark
  • Founder

Posted 11 June 2017 - 19:47

Thanks Requiem, I was hoping for some time to a famil vid of the P40.

#338 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 18 June 2017 - 20:12

Thanks guys! It's good to have found the time to start making these again :)

New one out today for the Yak-1b. (Next ones to follow are the Mig3 and IL-2 1941)

youtube.com/watch?v=LPTX2lgxi78

Signature2.png    

#339 soarfeat

soarfeat
  • Founder

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:41

Nice !!! Thanks so much Requiem. Your tutorials are habit forming   :good: 

take care--sf--

ASROCK Z97 FATAL1TY KILLER MB/ WIN 10 64 BIT HOME ED/ i-5 4690K CPU ( 4.2ghz )/ CRYORIG H7 CPU COOLER/ {MUSHKIN 240 GB SSD ( OP SYSTEM), SAMSUNG 1TB HD FOR SIMS}/ 16GB TEAM VULCAN 1600 DDR3 RAM/ GIGIABYTE G-1.1 GTX 970 GPU/ 750 WATT EVGA G2 GOLD RATED PSU/ ASUS XONAR DG SOUND CARD/ ROSEWILL EVO CASE/  HOTAS--CH FIGHTER STICK, PRO THROTTLE, CH RUDDER PEDAL, CH THROTTLE QUAD, TRACKIR 5 + TRACKCLIP PRO/ACER G257HL,BMIDX 25"ISP MONITOR 

#340 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 28 June 2017 - 22:19

Nice !!! Thanks so much Requiem. Your tutorials are habit forming   :good:

take care--sf--

Thanks Soarfeat! :)

New video today covering the MiG-3, cheers :salute:

youtube.com/watch?v=Zh-6oQF4l9I

Signature2.png    

#341 soarfeat

soarfeat
  • Founder

Posted 29 June 2017 - 01:04

Mig tutorial is excellent !! I saw this new tutorial and grabbed a nice cup of coffee and as always enjoyed :coffee: .  Always impressed at how well Requiem flies all these planes  ( smooth as butter ) !!!

cheers--sf-

ASROCK Z97 FATAL1TY KILLER MB/ WIN 10 64 BIT HOME ED/ i-5 4690K CPU ( 4.2ghz )/ CRYORIG H7 CPU COOLER/ {MUSHKIN 240 GB SSD ( OP SYSTEM), SAMSUNG 1TB HD FOR SIMS}/ 16GB TEAM VULCAN 1600 DDR3 RAM/ GIGIABYTE G-1.1 GTX 970 GPU/ 750 WATT EVGA G2 GOLD RATED PSU/ ASUS XONAR DG SOUND CARD/ ROSEWILL EVO CASE/  HOTAS--CH FIGHTER STICK, PRO THROTTLE, CH RUDDER PEDAL, CH THROTTLE QUAD, TRACKIR 5 + TRACKCLIP PRO/ACER G257HL,BMIDX 25"ISP MONITOR 

#342 Chomp

Chomp

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:29

Thanks very much for these videos Requiem, they are a great help.

Still having not much success with landing.. Well 109's not too bad, but the Mig only once out of ..not sure how many, around a few dozen attempts. I'm a newb, so is expected I guess and my judgment is off. 

Anyway I note on many aircraft you close the radiators, what is the reason for this?

I guess having them open increases drag, but wouldn't that help? Or does it slow you too quick on round out or something else?

#343 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:37

Thanks very much for these videos Requiem, they are a great help.

Still having not much success with landing.. Well 109's not too bad, but the Mig only once out of ..not sure how many, around a few dozen attempts. I'm a newb, so is expected I guess and my judgment is off. 

Anyway I note on many aircraft you close the radiators, what is the reason for this?

I guess having them open increases drag, but wouldn't that help? Or does it slow you too quick on round out or something else?

Hi Chomp, sorry for the late reply I haven't logged into the forums that much lately.

The big thing with the MiG is to just do your best to keep it flying coordinated as you touch down and that will keep you straight. I'm sure landing that airplane in particular will get better with the incoming FM revisions.

As for the radiators, it's just a generic technique I carry across various aircraft since a few manuals I have specifically call for closing the radiators in the landing procedure. This ensures temperatures are kept up in the normal range either during the approach until shutdown (at which point they say to open them back up) or in case of a go-around since you don't want to apply max power settings on a possibly cool engine. I try to use original manuals as much as possible but sometimes I need to fill in the gaps when I can't find one. Honestly though, in the sim it doesn't matter if you close them or not for landing :)

Edited by SYN_Requiem, 18 August 2017 - 01:38.

Signature2.png    

#344 Chomp

Chomp

Posted 19 August 2017 - 02:37

Ok thanks SYN_Requiem. I have had a bit more success. Will keep at it. :salute:

#345 216th_Lucas_From_Hell

216th_Lucas_From_Hell

Posted 19 August 2017 - 10:34

Requiem, actually your radiator advice is very sound in this game. Depending on the engine temperature as you start your approach, and the outside temperature, having open radiators can actually overcool really quickly! You're saving lives :biggrin:

#346 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 28 August 2017 - 21:20

Update for today:

IL-2 1941 fami, cheers  :salute: 

youtube.com/watch?v=LNDPtBGVcl4

Signature2.png    

#347 keeno

keeno
  • Founder

Posted 28 August 2017 - 22:28

Another great tutorial Requiem.

Cheers

#348 AirHog

AirHog
  • Founder

Posted 29 August 2017 - 00:30

Hey Requiem. I've just come back to IL2 from a LONG hiatus and was watching your 'Bunting' video in the Bf109. Can you (or anyone) explain what 'Bunting' is? I've never heard of it before.

#349 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:29

Another great tutorial Requiem.

Cheers

Thanks Keeno :)

Hey Requiem. I've just come back to IL2 from a LONG hiatus and was watching your 'Bunting' video in the Bf109. Can you (or anyone) explain what 'Bunting' is? I've never heard of it before.

Hi Airhog, a bunt is a maneuver where you fly away from the lift vector by reducing Angle of Attack and results in negative G. It can be used as a gun defense, but since we don't feel G-forces in the simulator it's not as effective since sustained negative G isn't the most comfortable thing to experience.

I created it a while ago, but if I recall correctly I made it in response to people mentioning they couldn't apply negative G to the 109 without losing control.

Signature2.png    

#350 AirHog

AirHog
  • Founder

Posted 29 August 2017 - 11:37

Thanks for that. If memory serves, I think I watched an interview with Günther Rall where he explains using the same maneouver to evade a bandit.

Edited by AirHog, 29 August 2017 - 11:38.

#351 NahkaSukka

NahkaSukka
  • Founder

Posted 01 September 2017 - 19:48

With Requiem Jun 2014 i can only watch 90 degree left and right. Why? Im using Requiem 6DOF which is perfect for me, but just wondering.

ItuJX9I.jpg

Win7 64bit - Asus H97 Plus - Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 - R9 290 - 16GB DDR3 - Hotas Warthog - MFG Crosswind - WSP Super Warthog - TIR 5 - UTC Mk II Clip

#352 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 03 September 2017 - 23:43

With Requiem Jun 2014 i can only watch 90 degree left and right. Why? Im using Requiem 6DOF which is perfect for me, but just wondering.

With that profile I limited the axes a little bit so the head swivel stops at a natural position. I did that because I hated being able to look out the opposite side if I turned my head a little too much. If your view isn't moving far enough you probably need to adjust the speed.

Signature2.png    

#353 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2017 - 01:43

Pe-2 familiarisation out today

youtube.com/watch?v=DDA5yJyUNoU

Signature2.png    

#354 216th_Cat

216th_Cat
  • Founder

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:04

Pe-2 familiarisation out today

youtube.com/watch?v=DDA5yJyUNoU

Brilliant as usual! Thankyou :salute: .

Cheers.

#355 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 15:55

This video isn't really a tutorial, but after getting a PC upgrade I'm able to do streaming at 1080p so after a few tests I think I have the settings sorted out. I also have my ipad out during the stream so I can respond to those in the live chat, but that's a double edged sword as I was shot up answering a question in this one LOL

I believe its interesting doing these as it gives a real time perspective, so I'll keep them coming as long as people enjoy it :)

youtube.com/watch?v=1d8opi-Zpko

Signature2.png    

#356 DD_Arthur

DD_Arthur
  • Founder

Posted 24 September 2017 - 19:31

Nice but.....where is the Captain? :cool:

#357 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:07

Nice but.....where is the Captain? :cool:

We are all working on twisting his arm ;)

Signature2.png    

#358 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 02 October 2017 - 02:30

New video release today :)

youtube.com/watch?v=9twoHsMAiTM

Signature2.png    

#359 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 04 October 2017 - 21:54

New video covering left turning tendencies

youtube.com/watch?v=IsMEJ-N_zoE

Edited by SYN_Requiem, 04 October 2017 - 23:33.

Signature2.png    

#360 SYN_Requiem

SYN_Requiem
  • Founder

Posted 17 October 2017 - 16:00

New videos out:

Using the 37mm Stuka Cannons

youtube.com/watch?v=CmxoTilkfRQ

Taxiing Multi-Engine

youtube.com/watch?v=YbfOYSrZ7Zk

Signature2.png    

0 user(s) are reading this topic