IckyATLAS

Can torpedoes be launched

Can submarines and torpedo boats launch torpedos  in IL2 Kuban. against enemy ships?

I have not seen it happen up to now. 

yes, they can. at least i'm pretty sure i've seen it. now you've got me wondering. :wacko:

Wow I didn’t realize that subs were so dynamic!!! Surfacing and diving!!!?

wowzers

You have to place waypoints that tell the sub to dive or surface. So not really dynamic.

You can also use editor logic to tell the sub to dive when an enemy is near, (still following waypoints) but it won't decide to dive/surface on its own without this logic.

This in contrast to aircraft which make maneuvering decisions on their own.

8 minutes ago, InProgress said:

So this stuff works only when scripted? :(

Diving and surfacing - yep.

Firing torpedoes it does on its own.

• Sad 2

Hmmmmm I see room for improvement then :) but then the sub will always be at best depth all the time hehe... 

1 minute ago, spartan85 said:

Hmmmmm I see room for improvement then :) but then the sub will always be at best depth all the time hehe... 

It would be actually nice, real hunt for submarines. They would try to hide from you so you would have to strike fast. Maybe new bombs to attack submerged subs. When they swim around like this then there is no challange :P

Ohhhh depth charges.... yaaaaaaassssss!!!!!!

Oh oh and a pby catalina!!!!!

Need some real boats in this sim

All vehicles follow waypoints...trucks, tanks etc don't made decisions about cutting through the woods, or taking a turn at an intersection to gain an advantage etc.

Same thing with vessels...just simpler logic involved than with aircraft.

IP, it's simple enough to make them dive when you get too close.

I suddenly feel like playing Silent Hunter again.

Edited by Stilicho

2 hours ago, Stilicho said:

I suddenly feel like playing Silent Hunter again.

I gave up trying to work out manual torpedo targeting. I should play it again. 

7 hours ago, Gunsmith86 said:

Yes they can:

Excellent. Very nice animation. Thank you for sharing those excellent videos. It's really a pity that still nobody is manning those robotic machine guns. Hope this comes in the next update.

19 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

We need the torpedoes for planes soon!!! :acute:

We do actually or almost.. its HE-111

22 hours ago, PA_Spartan- said:

We need the torpedoes for planes soon!!! :acute:

To my knowledge the current planes that could drop torpedos include the Il-2m, A-20, He-111, and Ju-88

If the Fw-190A-8 comes with an F-8 mod, it would be nice (though unexpected and unnecessary for the theatre) to get a /U2 kit for it

1 hour ago, =621=Samikatz said:

To my knowledge the current planes that could drop torpedos include the Il-2m, A-20, He-111, and Ju-88

It was the A-20C that could launch torpedoes, not the B.

47 minutes ago, LukeFF said:

It was the A-20C that could launch torpedoes, not the B.

There isn't that big of a difference between the B and C, is there? As far as I know it's a different nose design and extra armour plating

On 26/04/2018 at 6:49 PM, =621=Samikatz said:

There isn't that big of a difference between the B and C, is there? As far as I know it's a different nose design and extra armour plating

Could be done with a mod, I’m sure. 

Just like the Pe-2 turret mod makes it a series 110 with a few external differences and a change in the location of the cockpit flap indicator, or the La-5F mod, or the 190A-5 ground attack mod makes it an F-2 or the P-40E with two guns removed is basically a P-40D. 

Little changes but adding variety. 

It’s not impossible for a torpedo loadout to change the nose glazing and add some armour to make an A-20C. 

Concerning the A-20C or the A-20B when did you expect the modification to drop torpedoes on it and on what game BOS KUBAN or Bodenplatte ? Tks

You`d think diving sub ships when enemy aircraft are close would l`ve been default in the Kuban, well that`s what I thought.

Devil`s always in the detail...

I wonder, do ships attempt evasions when about to be bombed?

Edited by seafireliv

8 minutes ago, seafireliv said:

You`d think diving sub ships when enemy aircraft are close would l`ve been default in the Kuban, well that`s what I thought.

Devil`s always in the detail...

I wonder, do ships attempt evasions when about to be bombed?

You're just talking about a whole other level of AI is all.

Right now all vehicles only have 'pathing'...they'll go where you tell them basically based on waypoints.

They have simple AI logic that allow them to track targets, stop and fire, go around each other if there's a destroyed vehicle in the road...but not much else.

Ship AI is even more simple at this juncture, which I get...limited resources and all.

Diving is a function of waypoint altitude 0 for surface, -15 for submerged. Thus it has to be scripted at this point since Ships do not move about on their own once engaged as aircraft do.

Aircraft use waypoints, but a different set of logic kicks in once they're engaged. To ask this of vessels is a bit much at this juncture, and we can do a LOT with scripting.

Maybe slightly more complex ship AI is planned by PTO? I have no idea.

• Upvote 1

On 4/26/2018 at 1:49 PM, =621=Samikatz said:

Different nose glass arrangement, different armament (4 .30cal machine guns up front in chin blisters), and more armor round out some of the major differences. It's enough to probably be its own aircraft.

• Upvote 1

On 4/24/2018 at 5:21 PM, Gambit21 said:

Diving and surfacing - yep. 

Firing torpedoes it does on its own. 

This is for subs...

Does the PT boats needs to be directed toward a target to fire a torpedo or do they fire as long as they are close enough ?

Edited by StaB/Tomio_VR***