69thSpiritus_Mortem

TFS Update: Tobruk Discussion

Posted (edited)

Sokol "The issue with the new is this several small puffs of smoke/dirt after the main explosion, this looks very out place: "

10 hours ago, No.401_Wolverine said:

It just seems like if the clouds of dirt are that dense, they should have more weight and fall back to the grounds. It looks like there's no gravity at play in that effect. Dirt clouds in space.

I have to agree with both of these views. It looks like a bunch of cotton balls and floats off into space. No offense to whoever is doing the work on the bomb explosions, but this was my honest reaction upon first watching and now having re-watched the clips. My 2 cents with no attitude attached. Hoping for the best. Tracers are :o:. Here is to hoping the craters will effect a plane that runs through them and cripple landing gear ?

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister

Finally, can't wait for a development team who knows what they are doing to make the F4. 

11 hours ago, AKA_Dash said:

Finally, can't wait for a development team who knows what they are doing to make the F4. 

:rolleyes:

On 5/9/2018 at 9:25 PM, AKA_Dash said:

You should have a 40% off code in your e-mail, so you can get Il-2 Battle of Stalingrad which has the 109 F4 while you wait for TFS to finish Tobruk. 

The spamming from BOX fans aside, I really see  a good attempt updating effects here , in my point of view it is a tremendous upgrade from what it was. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

The spamming from BOX fans aside, I really see  a good attempt updating effects here , in my point of view it is a tremendous upgrade from what it was. 

What spamming are you [edited] about now?

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

Posted (edited)

Ehr Spamming is a repeated gesture over a short period of time. Like your posts here. [edited] is a negative tone in a post. I cannot see your description suit my post at all. But I do find your defensive attitude a bit on place

Edited by SYN_Haashashin

33 minutes ago, 216th_LuseKofte said:

Ehr Spamming is a repeated gesture over a short period of time. Like your posts here. Bitching is a negative tone in a post. I cannot see your description suit my post at all. But I do find your defensive attitude a bit on place

Are you done yet..?

All right fellas, please avoid negative personal comments or we will need to send some posters off for nap time.

BoX has done a fine job with their 109F's... and TF is looking forward to using our game engine to see what it can do to replicate them. 

• Upvote 2

Very happy to hear about the dynamic campaign generator being potentially added.

13 hours ago, ATAG_Flare said:

Very happy to hear about the dynamic campaign generator being potentially added.

This would make me a very happy camper, Sorry Buzz , I won't do it again

Posted (edited)

Depends on definition of "Dynamic Campaign Generator" - the reference for the matter is Falcon 4.0 Campaign in what some map characteristic dynamic change due mission outcome,  e.g. a damaged bridge in a give mission remain damaged in the subsequent missions.

What exist for CloD until now - Enlightened Florist "Campaign Generator", TheOden "Dynamic Mission"... is more a mission generator based on same map template, an static environment.

"Dynamic Mission" is very good, but generate oddities like RAF interceptions (during BoB) happening... over France. 👀

Edited by Sokol1

What I see as dynamic, is the set capacities of each side , both in supplies and storage . If you manage to reduce logistics on the other side and keep yours safe you eventually will win the campaign. I really appreciated the Dynamic Campaigns in old IL 2, I miss them very much. Not sure if they where dynamic in every way, but the campaign lasted as long as you manage to stay alive, my record was 153 missions in a IL 2 , just to die when the wingtip hit a static plane while taxiing back after a landing and successful mission. The plane blew up 😳

I am not the fan of "what if" and would rather see historical campaign like box. You as 1 pilot wont change war and since you are smarter than AI you will :dance: While having it dynamic in small way, for example destroyed bridge stays destroyed for few days etc. But some would like "what if" campaign where you can invade UK etc. So why not both to make everyone happy? :P

• Like 1

Any news this week? 

I appreciate it will be 3-4 weeks before the new PR guy is in place and ready to post but the forums are dead regarding progress of either the interim patch or v5.00, FB is dead (last post May 5th), this official 1C forum is on life support, Steam is turning to vapour.....

Maybe a screen grab of the Mk.V Spitfire? Anything!!!!?

Cheers MP

Posted (edited)

I don't want to sound negative , i appreciate TF hard work but some update will be good for keep us in attention :) 

Edited by bubo942
  • Upvote 1

We expect to have a video update in the next short while which will showcase some of the new aircraft.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

On 6/17/2018 at 6:57 AM, Buzzsaw said:

We expect to have a video update in the next short while which will showcase some of the new aircraft.

Gents,

I would appreciate a video up-date, however, we were told that a new PR would be starting within 3-4 weeks (dated from 26 May) and I was under the impression that TF would be giving fortnightly updates and this already appears to have gone by the way-side.  Therefore, when can we seriously expect to see regular updates please, as even "the next short while" feels like the "in 2 weeks, be sure" reply we all remember!?

Thank you

regards

Edited by Haza
  • Upvote 1

I am not sure why folk even bother asking any more.

It's better now to just sit and wait, any news that does trickle out is just a minor boon to the day.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

@Haza, the new PR guy is getting his first update ready, and should be ready with it before the end of the month. He had to come in, see all the projects, communicate with the entire team to see where projects were at, what can and can't be talked about, so on. He will have his update around that 3-4 week time that I said. 

When I said regular updates every two weeks, I did regular updates every two weeks until our new guy accepted the job. Instead of stealing his thunder and taking more time away from my 3d/texture work, I stopped updates after the May 26th update and helped him transition into the team and get him caught up. Minus releasing 5.0, some people won't be happy with any update. The new updates will have their own style and organization, and we are getting to the point in the project that things are now getting in game rather than just renders, so more exciting updates. It will be a good summer and fall. 

32 minutes ago, 69thSpiritus_Mortem said:

@Haza, the new PR guy is getting his first update ready, and should be ready with it before the end of the month. He had to come in, see all the projects, communicate with the entire team to see where projects were at, what can and can't be talked about, so on. He will have his update around that 3-4 week time that I said. 

When I said regular updates every two weeks, I did regular updates every two weeks until our new guy accepted the job. Instead of stealing his thunder and taking more time away from my 3d/texture work, I stopped updates after the May 26th update and helped him transition into the team and get him caught up. Minus releasing 5.0, some people won't be happy with any update. The new updates will have their own style and organization, and we are getting to the point in the project that things are now getting in game rather than just renders, so more exciting updates. It will be a good summer and fall. 

Thanks for your "update":drinks: Now get back to work, we need 5.0 :tease: