Sign in to follow this  
klebor

Technochat as an option

I suggest turning on and off the technochat should be an option for multiplayer servers.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

It would be great. There is a pool in other part of the forum. Flying without techno chat increases immersion.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I still rely on it heavily but I would look forward to flying without if it were in the options. A plethora of options is something this game does well.

• Upvote 2

For me flying without techno chat makes me feel more real. The problem is with current implementation of engines restrictions - the engines are just blowing up after a minute so - you need a stopwatch without techno chat :)

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, MicEzo said:

For me flying without techno chat makes me feel more real. The problem is with current implementation of engines restrictions - the engines are just blowing up after a minute so - you need a stopwatch without techno chat :)

Naw you just gotta keep an eye on the instruments, and occasionally clock when using full boost.

I have gotten to where I can pretty much push the edge of the envelope with the Spit without damaging the engine.

As I fly in VR, I keep HUD/technochat off.

On 16.05.2018 at 4:33 PM, MicEzo said:

Why would technochat make a difference here? It doesn't tell you how long have you been running WEP for. You need a stopwatch (or some awareness) regarding whether or not the techno chat is enabled.

34 minutes ago, 4./JG26_Onebad said:

Why would technochat make a difference here? It doesn't tell you how long have you been running WEP for. You need a stopwatch (or some awareness) regarding whether or not the techno chat is enabled.

It does let you know when you’ve screwed up tho. In an I-16, sometimes you can damage the engine from boosting too long with zero audible or visible difference. The gauges will be fine and without Technochat you’d have no idea your engine was damaged and it was time to RTB.

I suppose that’s “realistic” in a sense that engine damage is not one binary thing like in game, but really I think the pilot would hear some sort of change is something actually broke, even if the instruments didn’t immediately reflect a problem.

Yes, this "technochat" is kind of training mode.

It's so dissapointing not being able to turn this off in server difficulty settings... Especially after flying Rise of Flight and DCS when you are actually looking at your instruments.

In IL2 cockpits and instruments are great looking and animated but you have to use only a few because of this technochat.

It should be an option in difficulty, who like it turn it on, who would like to try greater immersion would fly without it.

Edited by kramer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2